Regarding the Dalaraan market and a new Location. What if we turn it into a Mereldar Market?

It comes down to sharding and crowds. I’d imagine that the draw of Dornogal is sadly hampered by the fact that it is current content.

Which means it takes a bit of effort to form a group so everyone joins the same shard so they can interact. Then they have to deal with the dozens on dozens of people doing the current content which can be disruptive to rp. (Not to mention oocers disruptive behaviours because ‘le rp is cringe lol’).

Both make it unappealing when the status quo of Dalaran market rp was drop in anytime without worries and rp as you wish

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess unfortunately waiting a while until the sharding is removed but Blizzard won’t do that so early in the expansion. I’m guessing the other zones would have similar problems? I’m sure I’ve seen other people when I’m out questing but I might be wrong

1 Like

They would, yeah. Current content is a bit difficult to do rp in unless you organise it and form a raid

1 Like

Why not have the market rotate to different hubs? That will keep it fresh and add variety, and also shine a spotlight on different areas for RP?

Draw up a list of neutral hubs that would be fitting, and go from there.

2 Likes

That is a good idea actually. Pandaren tavern nights does this but for Pandaria taverns obviously.

It’s a nice idea for events like markets and similar.

This is why I initially suggested Ironforge.

Valdrakken and Halfhill are good suggestions as well.

It would not even have to be Valdrakken itself. There’s an entire garden like area a little bit south of the city proper. I’m pretty sure the empty part without mobs isn’t even phased, north of the garden shrine flight path?

That’s currently my plan with my mage. I’ve got friends making Hallowfall Arathi characters that I’d love to go and say hi to, but I don’t think it’d feel right to not do at least a little RP in Dornogal first.

Sharding Phasing only really applies around some of the pillar areas and no where around the Ramkahen area. The efendis are no longer there and haven’t been for some time. Also you can only reclaim a zone from weirdos by actually you know. Using it.

Uldum has the balance of vibes your smashed avocado on toast roleplayer sorts would probably enjoy and is compact enough that it’s not going to ‘strain’ or ‘confuse’ or ‘lost’ orwhatever other buzzterm that gets used when applying to things like Shattrath or Valdrakken.

Besides, its as you say, a neat zone.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that was the case, I thought the entire zone including Ramkahen was still heavily phased. That is actually good news!

True, it was more that I do not fault people for being weary of it.

All in all it is a good zone though that I always liked. And the city layout of Ramkahen is open enough to allow a wide variety of stalls and people. And easy to access.

It is a good idea, but the solid foundation of the Dalaran Market was that it was consistant. Like it or not for what it was, it was a location where RP could be found rather consistantly.

Moving to different locations may hamper that when people often just want to log into a location and know there is RP to be found, rather than having to go hunt it down.

2 Likes

They moment Horde members step out of Valdrakken and into Ohn’ahra Plains, they are ffa for Kaldorei, aswell! :smirk:

It was said this was only due to their current situation, and that the Empire back home isn’t as welcoming to outsiders…

So one could argue it might even be just an alliance of convenience for some of them, until they can get home!

Also can’t belief you guys would forget Moonglade???

They sold out the Kaldorei long ago and have been neutral since vanilla!

It has a nice atmosphere aswell!

That was only speculation was it not? I’ve only done the main campaign there, but that was an impression I got from one of the main chars musing about it.

Still, it would make for a nice adventure after the World Soul Saga if they do end up actually being hostile.

1 Like

Dornogal is a capital with portals and has entire sections for market and trade. Why not use that?

" With an army of the risen, the Arathi will defeat the Nerubians, conquer Khaz Algar, and subjucate the world! "

Actual quote from an Arathi boss in the Priory. We’re dealing with the nice ones who had to make friends and were marooned in a hostile land.

SHUSH!

Don’t slander me like that (it’s true tho).

2 Likes

Dornogal would be a wonderful choice, but unfortunately it’s only accessible for those who have the expansion. :pensive: I heard there’s still some phasing in Valdrakken… I suppose there will be a bit of hiatus on market RP until the latter is fixed?

The Adventure Guide description of said boss also mentions her having discovered secrets that will let them win over their enemies in Hallowfall and at home in the empire, so I would hold off with jumping to the conclusion they are a good example of the wider Arathi Empire’s attitude.

1 Like

I mean, once Mignight comes out, the market could move to Dornogal then from Valdrakken.

I think, the Market should move in general each expansion to the previous capital now. Since Dalaran is a goner.

Would keep things fresh and interesting perhaps.

3 Likes

Valdrakken → Dornagal → Silvermoon isn’t a bad idea.
It gives variety that’s thematic to recent content, while also offering stability by being in the same place for at least a couple of years.