Removal of titanforging will destroy mythic+

raids should be the best form of gear in the game no doubt

There was a difference in a class not playable because of wrong legendaries immediately and just playable. Allthough i know there were some powerhouses… I also said

(allthough pretty wrong implemented at the start),

But the overall idea was very good and fun.

Edit;
Why the freak is the text so big.

and that leads me back to MY original point that that’s why they sucked, you couldn’t target them till the END of legion, thus they were a sh*t feature, and legion was worse because of it

I thought you had ‘‘fun’’ to be getting on with? guessing saying you lost an argument struck a nerve huh?

So because we had fun with our legendaries for over 1.5 years the whole thing sucked. Ok :sweat_smile:

1 Like

well that leads into another issue, the final patch being 1.5 years long isn’t fun, so no, I wasn’t having fun for 1.5 years.

the dungeon difficulties are good, this will now give the game a end goal… because the loot now is static in ilevel and beneath raiding.

Raiding is returning to the top… while M+ can be maintained for those that cannot committ to Raid hours. we cant all raid, we dont all work jobs with shift patterns which can cater to it. the fact it got rolled into something to farm between mythic on repeat every day is what made it a Negative impact on the Raiding community.

this can very easily be something raiders Ignore entirely now while the non-raiders enjoy…

1 Like

Again; that last patch was good for alts or something. Players who played the expansion had the legendaries already for 1.5 years for their spec.

There is no coordination when you have all the time in the world to apply cc to each mob in a pack before pulling. Only an idiot could mess that up.

If you have to coordinate interrupts in a fight because you’re dealing with all the mobs at once, that’s coordination because you and your allies need to work out who is gonna do what. And messing it up has prices.

When ccing packs, oh no the rogue sapped the poly mob! Np mage polys other mob. Proble. Solved. Massive coordination required.

And “don’t use DPS abilities on cced mobs prior to pull” is not a high skill requirement. It’s basically a filter to sort numbskulls from everyone else. It’s extremely elementary.

People talk of ccing being needed as hard. I believe it’s the opposite. It sucks all of the challenge out of the game if you take mobs one by one because of cc.

And PS the “race dps meters” and class toolkit stuff is not exclusive to classic etc. For example in a fight with several mobs running about where aoe is around and they will cast tons of abilities like heals and big nukes, class toolkit is still there. It’s what allows the monk to dispel the disease on the tank, when the healer can’t. It’s what allows the same monk to paralyse a mob mid cast to reset it, giving the rogues kick time to come off cooldown. It’s what allows the monk to taunt the mob casting nukes which nearly one shot the party, to take a nuke target before they use roll/trascendence to Los the mob and have it run about like an idiot before the party kills the others and then all dps this mob.

Class toolkits are not unique to classic.

6 Likes

I personally think they could crush it down a bit more as far as difficulty amount (maybe 2) but if the pool of m+ rng is reduced drastically, and had a realistic end point for raiders, then sure I’d not mind m+, still not my ideal system, but at least somewhat decent.

What? Hahaha. You’re good :smiley:

Edit: My group is ready. Cya around. Have fun!

and that’s because it took then FOREVER to get them all, thus why I think it’s a bad system!!!

says a L60 classic player. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

since you decided to write me an essay, I’ll shorten my stance down to this,

I feel that approaching dungeons at a slower pace due to danger of mobs generally just hitting hard, classes having limited resources (old mana system and such) and CC using certain class tools not only makes a better rng (instead of a hyper focused e sport) but also relies on multiple classes working together in avengers style fashion rather then 3 guys who button mash dps, 1 who button mashes aggro, and one who button mashes to heal.

tbh, i think M+ is fine with rewarding Heroic Raid gear… i think its the perfect comprimise, where a Non-raider can feel he can be badass and Achieve a High ilevel… without it becoming a ENdless grind loop for raiders,

which i think was blizzards orginal intention, to give non-raiders accessible content. but with the 4 Layered RNG Systems they applied to everything… it went horribly wrong and we went into a Situation where mythic Guilds were wiping out 20 of these a week to attempt at a Never ending BiS List.

game Defintly needs a Stronger finishing line… but i think M+ Was a great intention… that a 4 layered RNG System made toxic. i do absolutely agree though… it shouldnt be rewarding mythic Raid loot, a Mythic Raider should not be required to clear out M+ Aswell every week for BIS gear.

ye, level 60 isn’t infinite, it takes a guranteed 8 days /played max. That’s a realistic goal, and I did it, very quickly (for my standards)

I respect your stance although I don’t entirely agree with it, it is filled with logic and reason :smiley:

Which is why they should have let players upgrade their equipment up to a certain point. Titanforged or not. Where all Titanforge does is to give free upgrades.

Yes cause thats what we do in m+, just brainlessly mashing our buttons without thought at all. No wonder everyone is just facerolling though it on +20 and above, no skills and teamwork required at all.

5 Likes

But Classic on its very core is built on repetitive (boring) grind. So one grind is ok, while other is not ? It sounds a bit … hypocritical. Classic leveling is a dreadful grind and nothing in retail even comes close to the level of mind-numbing repetitiveness classic has. M+ cannot be compared to any grind in classic, i am sorry, but you just cant.

5 Likes

It’s hardly an essay. Come on now. There’s no need for that.

Right. I agree with part of your expansion. Tank aggro is now a button mash. I played in vanilla, and I agree, threat management should return as a meaningful thing. So the “guy mashing aggro” ill agree. I’ll dispute you cao do it with one button. Only warriors during avatar can do that.

As for three guys mashing buttons for dps" “one for healers”. No.

Healers still have mana management. Healers can, and do run oom. Healers have to prioritise their heals properly to avoid this. Healers have larger toolkits in retail, with more nuance in their heals.

In classic, downranking existed, and the ability to actively gear for mana regen. This coupled with smaller healing toolkits results in healing essentially begin casting a few heals regularly. I played a priest in vanilla. I had a few ranks of heal, one rank of greater heal, and the final rank of lesser heal as my go to. I never ran out of mana because I had enough spirit in that when using the right rank, I never paid too much. My healing downtime was minimal (non casting). So this is a preference thing, but healing in retail at max level, for me, is harder than classic/vanilla. Now if you’re talking dungeons to level, opposite. But judging retail mechanics on levelling dungeons is dumb because retail hasn’t been about levelling for a few expos now (hopefully the squish changes that).

Same with dps. You can mash, sure. You can also fail affixes in doing so and wipe your group. You see how far mindless button spam gets you on a fortified bolstering explosive week with an ehcnsted emissary in the pack.
Not to say classic is mindless spam (threat) however rotations are far simpler so whilst your timing is probably more important (threat) you then press very few buttons and have massive downtime (AAs). I dunno about you, but when I’m playing a game, I like to be doing something all the time. I don’t like watching stuff happen for 6 seconds because I have nothing to do, and don’t see how that is somehow more “careful or skilled” than pressing buttons constantly, given I’m that period I’m actually doing Rodger all.

3 Likes