Remove drums

As we see it currently on beta everyone are using drums in raids, even if it has 1 sec cast /8 yards range it is still huge dps boost and you want to stack members around it.

This is gonna be the toxic meta, if you are not a leatherworker (not using drums) you are gimping yourself, your logs and not performing optimal and doing only ~95-98% of your potential dps just because you have wrong profession.

We also see how incredibly easy Karazhan is (it is 2.4.3 version, but i doubt there will be dramatical change in difficulty even if they bring back prenerf state). And every TBC raid will be no exception. We don’t really need drums just remove it.

Continuing the discussion from Have you guys seen the Drums of Battle change?:

9 Likes

Agreed.

They misunderstood what we wanted, changed it for worse and then gave us radio silence.

Everything they hyped at blizzcon for somechanges and making it better is already out the window because they don’t communicate.

Lack of communication has been Blizzard’s weakness for years now, way too often they

1. Don’t communicate about the issue(s)
  2. Misunderstand the feedback
  3. Make a change they think is better but often it not
  4. Refuse to make further changes because they think it’s better
  5. Wait (too long) a year or two to admit their possible mistakes and promise to listen to feedback more

Rinse and repeat.

6 Likes

Classic Era sounding better and better, huh?

The same issue applies to most other professions, it’s just that LW has the highest value.

Most classes will need to go JC to craft BiS gems then swap that out back to LW as you don’t have a JC req to use them, even if they did drums are just way better.

Same thing for ring enchants. You go enchanting and enchant your rings when you get new ones, then swap that out for LW.

Blacksmithing/Tailoring has bis gear for a lot of specs throughout tbc.

Engineering offers several DPS increases such as sapper charges, some classes can fit nades/dynamite into their rotations.

No thanks for me unless they utterly and entirely remove world buffs from instanced content, the Chronomatic Whatever-inator doesn’t help needing to camp discord on my free time to be in time for buffs.

2 Likes

Those combined are less than 1% of your output so I highly doubt anyone but the absolute top cares.

Well a good fix then is to make drums personal

Nope. It brings the value down closer to the 1% you said the other professions offered, though blacksmithing and tailoring are likely significantly more than that.

The cast time & gcd alone on drums wouldn’t make up the haste gain in a static fight

1 Like

I completely brainfarted and didn’t think about the chaining of drums.

You are correct, making drums personal would be a neat fix.

None of the other professions gives any benefit at all on the current raid test server without a significant time investment. Ofcourse everyone is going to bring drums.

Blacksmithing weapons require just gold to begin with.

Where is the vendor selling these materials?

The auction house, the first weapons require only trade goods.

Please read before replying. I clearly stated on the current raid testing server, which is what the op I quoted used as an argument. There are no mats on the ah on that server.

All other professions have much smaller impact on DPS and much lesser annoyance to deal with (keeping damn rotation of drums, staying closer together and etc).

1. BS Crafted weapons are only temporal bis in few phases. In T5 crafted weapons won’t be BIS anymore for most classes.
  1. Enchanted rings are such a minuscule dps upgrade which probably even less than 1%, plus you can enchant it and drop the profession if you really want it.

2. JC epic gems are crap. They are even less a dps upgrade than ring enchants and even dps downgrade with release of epic gems in BT in some cases.

3. Tailoring may be a BIS for several phases but…it is for cloth-wearing classes…Which makes sense? Nobody forces you to go 20+ tailors per raid in order to be effective.

And the most important thing for me is: ALL THOSE 4 LISTED PROFESSIONS DOES NOT INTERFERE/ANNOY my rotation-gameplay.

1 Like

Gotta say I agree with rethers each profession has a bonus if you just remove drums completely there is zero reason to go leatherworking then the next meta profession will be required.

I do however think that the drums are way too strong currently maybe add a short sated debuff or make it personal but increase the amount of haste it gives since it loses its party buff reducing the range to 8 yards only makes it more annoying to use now everyone will have to stack all the time or make leather workers make drums with less charges or slightly weaker that non leather workers can use that way it’s less of a must have profession

this is cringe af only the sweatiest of the sweatiest will do it.

yea it’s almost as sweaty as leveling tailoring/bs. almost on par with getting world buffs

Having a prof is not sweaty lol.

Amen.

Those unique gems are not worth it and they never have been.
It is such a minor improvement compared to say, being Enchanting/Engineer for a class like Protection Paladin, Enchanting/Tailor for all healers etc.