Have you guys seen the Drums of Battle change?

Why didn’t they just go with the damn tinnitus debuff?
Day ruined.

EDIT:
Nvm.
I won’t QQ, until I see some footage of the drums in beta.

Remove the LW requirement and add the debuff and you don’t need any LW in your raid, and amount of drums needed/raid night is under control

The debuff would be nice, as if the drums get drummed too often… then we’ll have a leather shortage in the higher pop pvp realms.

Does anyone remember devilsaur mafia?

Because they didnt want to make LW useless. Sated debuff and they would reduce the power of the drums, and thats not want they wanted to.

Removing the lw requirement is also a decent way to handle it, but would still require all of the raid to use it as a consumable.

Just making it raidwide make LW still a good proffession to have, but you remove the part of tbc where every raidmember needs to have LW.

Raidwide or remove lw requirements are the best way to fix the drum issue without impacting the power the drums give

What are you on about? LW gives hunters their BiS set & many other useful crafts for others. LW wont be useless, even with the tinnitus debuff. If they wanna make LW more useful, then add LW requirement perhaps?

Leatherworking drums have been a hot topic since we first started working on Burning Crusade, since they would make Leatherworking feel mandatory.

In the first few patches of original Burning Crusade, the drums had a cast time and smaller radius, which limited their effective use. Leatherworking was an unattractive profession at the time, so the drums were improved in patch 2.3. That led to the fond memories we all have of drum rotations as one of the added layers of teamwork in later Burning Crusade encounters.

Right now in the Burning Crusade Beta, all Leatherworking drums now have an Uncommon and Rare (i.e., “Greater”) version. Our current thinking is that the greater versions will be acquired via recipe drops from Zul’Aman.

While it’s true that we’re generally planning to implement items (and spells and maps and everything else) in their patch 2.4.3 state, this one stood out as something we should make an exception for. By default, we don’t want to change the behavior of items from patch to patch, so we think the right thing to do is to introduce the greater drums as a new item, so that the behavior of the original items doesn’t have to change.

4 Likes

Very interesting.
Will the rare version be BoP?

So if I understand this correctly we will be running with 20 LW in a 25 man raid?

10 Likes

If it’s gonna be a BoP super rare recipe similar to raid enchanting recipes with only a few select people in a team being able to craft drums this could be fine.

If it’s BoE and even farmable this will be an absolute total disaster.

Hello?! Blizzard?! You here?! NO ONE LIKES THE “EVERYONE NEEDS LEATHERWORKING” META

22 Likes

Does this mean the cast time is still on the lesser version at the moment?

Will it feel mandatory in TBC Classic?

1 Like

Probably not if the greater version is a rare drop and bop in ZA later on in TBCC, if the lesser will have the old cast timer on use and a smaller radius then that’s a decent enough nerf. I cant see ppl getting 20 LW the recipe for the greater variant if its a boss drop, will take like 4 months for them all to get the recipe should they be a bop item you make

1 Like

Every proffession have something usefull, but other than the crafted gear LW got nothing if drums get nerfed.

But looking at the blue post here, they basicly change nothing with drums, just make them just as mandatory, but much more a pain to use due to the 8yards before Zulaman.

Cant think of a worse way to “fix” drums

7 Likes

What about leg enchants?

As a guy said in US forums:

Leg enchant is nice, but nothing compared to other proffessions, same with tailoring, will be dropped once you dont use the gear anymore to pick up better proffessions

Okay, so lets see if I understood this correctly:

Original Drums will still be in the game, only with a shorter radius, and larger drums will have a large radius and drop as a rare recipe from ZA.

If this is indeed how this works…wow…because that’s probably the worst possible solution to the drums issue!

Not only will it not remove the tedious drum-meta, where we have 22 LW per raid, it will make it even more annoying, because now people have to stand close to each other as a group to use it. Oh, and ofc mandatory ZA farm until everyone has the big recipe! Great!

I seriously hope I misunderstood how this works.

19 Likes

Ye, can’t think of a worse solution to drums.

7 Likes

Why would anyone drop tailoring?
They’ll still have plenty of BoEs to sell afterwards and supply cd cloth (from alts as well).

It’s worth it to keep.
You can keep selling worthwhile sets to new class players.
More valuable the rarer the profession holders are.
Same with leatherworking.

Because they bring nothing to the table other than craftables.

they will be dropped for enchanting and/or JC