Remove leeway + spell batching NOW

I hope they will remove the delay or reduce it atleast . the game will be way more smoother especially in pvp.

2 Likes

Spell batching is probably far worst than Leeway because it create new bug like the FD-Trap bug, the Blizzard who doesn’t apply slow, the stance dance bug, and zillion of bug that can’t be fixed / will never be fixed, because of that mechanic.

Remove or replace the 500 ms delay with a 50 ms delay. No way we can play like that. Classic feel like a private server from 2008. Today, we ALL have good PC and connection. How we can accept to play Classic like that ?

You say “You think you do but you don’t”, but we enjoy Classic. We just don’t enjoy theses laggy-mechanic that you make to recreate the stupid connection we had in 2004. No one can enjoy that, it’s a frustration level 1000.

3 Likes

nothing you write here will change it, only US forums matter

1 Like

I know, and this is the sad truth. They will not remove him, they will do nothing like they did since the release because they don’t listen the community they just listen themselves and now the hype of Classic is done so the market is dead for them, no reason to invest in development just unlock phases and solve critical bug like the layering exploitation in dungeons & raids, and the rest ? They don’t care.

2 Likes

I also think spellbatching sucks and should be removed or at least reduced by a lot. It makes the game feel unresponsive and one of the main factors that got me hooked on vanilla wow was that it was an rpg that felt as responsive as an fps. It is simply uninformed to claim that vanilla had these mechanics, it did not, it was a super responsive game if you had high speed internet at least. Now the game just feels clunky.

3 Likes

My latency on classic is the same as it was 15 years ago, about 24ms. Why should my authentic experience be tainted by change that you want because your country’s internet caught up with mine?

Rejoyce, you get to enjoy classic in the same way I used to enjoy vanilla :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Because spellbatching and leeway make the game feel laggy. If you watch tipsout’s tournament you would see so many stupid batches like granades landing as far as 10 yards from players, yet still scoring hits.
Leeway is so bad that Sony was hitting a hunter with mele attacks, while the hunter was shooting him outside of his deadzone.

4 Likes

You mean… exactly like it was to PvP 15 years ago?

3 Likes

Why lower the quality of the game? Classic is not vanilla, there have been plenty of changes already. Why keep a system, that was is made in the first place, to simulate another system, which was ment to combat latency, that we don’t have?

2 Likes

For the same reason people don’t want newer character models, or 15min Hearthstones or a LFG interface.

That’s not how the game was.

The leeway/spell batching were server-side performance improvements, not to combat lag and removing them would have a huge impact on PvP balance.

4 Likes

Neither is what we are playing right now.

2 Likes

While in their current state, they don’t remotely succeed in being accurate to vanilla’s spellbatching + leeway…

Removing them completely would have drastic consequences for PvP; it will become much further from vanilla pvp than it already is. While it would be nice to have it resemble vanilla more, removing the whole thing is an extreme move and will have some pretty undesirable PvP consequences.

Enabling it only in PvP combat however might be an interesting compromise… I can’t see too much grumbling about it being completely removed in PvE combat.

2 Likes

Removing spell batching would make it even less like how it was though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would make the game better though, so take your pick - play the game with a busted and broken lag simulator system or not.

4 Likes

I chose to play the game the way I remember combat to be:

• with the ability for two players to crowd control each other at the same time.
  • where it was possible to dodge a Counterspell by predicting when the next spell batch ends.
  • when you could use Divine Shield, cancel the buff and pick up the flag again before anyone else sees it dropped.

All these things are caused by - or side-effects of - spell batching and part of the skill ceiling for PvP players.

Removing batching would make all extremely rare occurrences and dumb the PvP back down to who can twitch-click their:

/stopcasting
/cast <interupt>

macro the fastest.

Without the additional counter-play provided by the utility added in later expansions the already flavor of the expansion classes (warriors, rogues and mages) will be able to wreck others even easier…

You’re still talking about spell batching being a “lag simulator”, which it isn’t and never has been.

Spell batching was a server side optimization which had very specific side effects for how players interacted in PvP. That interaction needs to be maintained if authenticity is to also be maintained.

Does it feel slow and clunky compared to Modern WoWs twitchy, fast-paced arena gameplay?

Yes, of course, that’s one of the big reasons people wanted Classic, because it feels different.

6 Likes

Opinion. I’m here to play a game as faithful to vanilla wow as possible, not some form of vanilla with some set of arbitrary changes chosen by players, and I don’t think I’m alone on this.

6 Likes

I like spell batching and melee leeway. Don’t remove them please. If they are not accurate to vanilla, they should be improved.

1 Like

The current implementation of batching does that but it’s also broken in many other ways.

Queuing doesn’t work properly, which results in weird stuff happening like mobs hitting you through stuns. The delay is way too large.

At the moment it doesn’t feel like vanilla at all, it feels like vanilla with 400ms and broken queues for spells.

Had mobs hit me from 40 yds away with melee attacks because they have an auto attack queued.

I played in vanilla with 20-30ms so i had none of this weird crap happening.

1 Like

why don‘t you get ur old pc and play with a 800x600 resolution? graphics all to minimum. should disable anything higher than that, because it‘s not how classic was

4 Likes

We can save some mechanic like “2 Mage that sheep in same time”, with a lower spell batching latency. Actually it seem to be 500 ms, why do not lower it to 50 ms ? This is the average ping of all players, mine is 20 … Nobody play with 100 ping + now unless you are playing in 3G connection …

Sure, with 50 ms, the “2 Mage that sheep in same time” will hapen more rarely, but who care ? The game will be more enjoyable for everyone. Like do you really think it happen every time in Vanilla ? It was not common, it happened, but not EVERY time.