Remove raider.io please 🙁

Here’s the thing though, if it’s not rio, it’s something else. This has been the case for ages now. It’s either gearscore, ilvl, Curve, Keystone Master etc. Something will replace it and people still won’t be getting into groups.

All I am hearing is excuses from elitist prats worried that their high io score is no longer going to carry them.

Vanilla wow had no such system, you had greens, you had blues, you had epics and overall the grouping system ran just fine.

The community back then was a lot more fun as well, because you didn’t have toxic snowflakes freaking out and cussing everyone for the slightest little mistake.

Achievements didn’t use to exist at all.

1 Like

And all I’m reading here is “Oh back in the day everything was better”. But hey, things change - gotta adapt.

• Gear is easy to get.
  • Achievement don’t say anything.
  • You can’t count on players solely based on ilvl and trust that they know what to do, not in pugs.

So “we” adjusted.

Is this the perfect system? No, absolutely not. But you need something to filter out the real bad players, and the more you pug the more you realise you need something that indicates (even just a little bit) if someone is able to do this level of dungeon.

Then we can agree to disagree, you keep patting yourself on the back, me and others like me will keep asking that this joke of a gauging system be removed.

Pat myself on the back? Where on earth did I do that

Ah well, great response :+1:

Just keep calling others “elitist”, “toxic snowflakes” and “childs”, works well for ya, esp if you try to make a point :).

1 Like

Ah your one of those.

Sadly, rio can’t do that. In front of my very eyes a guy payed to be carried in m+, he did like 40+ dungeons this way. Sports about 1300 rio, which means he suddenly is good? He will get invites based on score. The rest you know.

Nope. But filtering based on RIO still increases the chance for someone who actually knows the fights.

It’s not fool-proof, but it’s better than absolutely nothing.

And with last weeks easy mode affixes boosting everyones scores there will be alot of people signing upto groups 3-400 rating higher than they should be.

Works both ways i suppose.

Simple solution to your problem - get better - get rio score - enjoy

No matter what system people use to gauge others you’ll be on the short end.

Sure, I’m an elitist prat, you’re an entitled whiner. While we stereotype like that its going to be hard to have a proper conversation isn’t it?

You are mediocre M+ player like me and we are far from Elitist in this matter but for people used to LFR and dungeon finder who don’t know other content exists this might be a shock that finishing +10 on time is nothing special.

Just wanted to say one thing: Most people on the Mythic group finder probably don’t even use Raider IO and are probably not taking you because they get +15-20 applications the moment the group goes up.

The odds of you being picked out of that pool is pretty slim.

Don’t like it? Make your own group or re-roll Tank/Healer and you’ll see that you will get your invites even if your score is low.

Second job? What planet ate you from o.0
Vanilla was come to bank and let me inspect you.
Now its a score that shows what kinda content you’ve done, neither one qurantees that the player is any good, since the only thing it shows is you have done some content.

You think we want to keep rio so we can feel special? Im sure some feel like that, but for others the only fun thing in the game, is trying to increase our score.

But lets look at facts, you blame RIO for you not getting invited. How do you know thats why? Did you talk to the people declining you? Could also be because around 10 rogues signed up and they could only pick one.
The easy solution is to make your own group. Ones you get that 10-11 key you’re set. Only needs around 1hours gameplay per week, and you eventually get a score of around 1100 
 some job
 wish i only had to work 1 hour per week.

And thirdly, you decided to live in the pug world, so gotta live by their rules

Occasionally when doing a low key to help someone with weekly (like a +10), my tank friend and I just pick at random from whoever signs up since IO barely matters at the +10 level. However, in 90% of cases, the people with low or no scores don’t do mechanics, die from every avoidable damage patch possible, and flame the rest of the group whenever they do anything wrong. They also almost always do less damage than the healer (me).

All this to say that there’s a reason io score exists and if you aren’t willing to put in the time to get the score (it really doesn’t take long, you can be 1K in a day or two), then either push your own key or accept that people will invite the best candidates available.

3 Likes

Rio is fine tbh. It’s one of those systems put in place to at the very least attempt to keep mythic+ PuG’s functionable. However I whould really enjoy a secondary system for players who perhaps don’t do alot of keys and either need practice or just simply want to go someplace with a bit of challenge without the pressure.

Tbh. I’m still more into the seasonal stone idea, where players freely could choose difficulties and what dungeons they want. Where the stone itself could be it’s own indicator of progress.

I think i could stand behind a system where players could choose to remove the timer, aswell as the bonus loot and a ILvL drop if they wished to do so. Atm Bwonsamdi allows players to buff themselves with damage and healing after the timer expired.

With a personal season stone this could be easially implemented, by seperating these none timed runs as it’s own progression line. Then people could have the choice of doing timed runs for more loot with higher ilvl or none timed runs for challenge/practice with a reduction in Ilvl. Normal Mythic+ whould(Season 2) be 385 at +10 with a 390 in the chest, Timed/Veteran Mythic+ whould be 400 at +10 with a 410 in the chest.

1 Like

So you don’t want to be judged by your score but judging you based on your gear is also wrong?
How am i supposed to know if you can carry your weight in a key? you had 1 good trait for M+, your strong weapon in your off-hand and no enchants on your rings, that’s just not the type of player i want to play with.
If i spend the time learning my class, optimizing my gear, learning routes, learning tricks and give 100% during a key, i expect simmilar from my group members.

You would get declined to every Kara raid back in TBC with that attitude and your resistance to at least spend a few hours optimizing. No chance you would get taken to any harder HC either, unless you’re friends with a tank/healer.

I enjoy playing the game, not boosting some random that i will never see again.

You’re competing with 10s-100s of dds/rogues whenever you queue for anything above 10, make you stand out, be it score, ilvl or even raid progression.

Or don’t do any of the things and continue crying.

1 Like

“LF2M Kara 1 Heal, 1 DD GC Aldor bank”

How is that any different? People used to be able to tell the progression/exp. based on your gear, with M+, warfronts, WF/TF and weeklys that’s not possible anymore.

2.1k ain’t world first but its hardly mediocre.

I only saw this char and you have 11+ and 10+ done in time on armory. I didn’t check you on rio. Anyway you get my point - no offence towards you just wanted to say that +10 is nothing special and every decent player should be able to achieve it.