Remove the lag please

Can we get rid of this 500ms server tick that you call “spell batching”? Did anyone ask for this? Why? I can’t for the love of god fathom what is good about sitting in front of a gamer rig and having this artifical delay. We might as well have our fps limited to 15 in raids and bg’s then.
NOBODY likes lag. Get rid it. Vendor lags, looting lags, SPELLS lag, it’s 2019, get real.

12 Likes

I keep earing about spell batchin, what be it? I ain’t experienced no spell lag. But then me be a warrior.

you cast a spell and it does the effect a second later. Literally.

1 Like

Spell batching is processing of effects in batches. So say you hit an ability a fraction of a second before another player hits you - the server will likely be resolving them at the same time rather than real time when part of the same batch.

The reason for it’s inclusion is there was spell batching in vanilla because nothing at the time could handle real time.

1 Like

When I try an ability it does it fine, granted my abilities are instant cast but they’re still spells. Is this only for certain classes i.e. ones with cast time?

I see people complaining on melees too

You are not alone, buddy. I have no clue why a system that was made to solve a problem we don’t have today, was recreated.

4 Likes

Authenticity and PvP.

1 Like

I can detect rogues entering stealth 50 yds away from me through addons. I think authentic PvP was never on the table.

3 Likes

I agree with that BUT the spellbatching window is way too large. Thst is NOT how it was back then. Maybe half of it might be fine. As it is right now, it just feels sluggish and unresponsive…

2 Likes

Without spell batching common vanilla scenarios - such as two players crowd controlling each other - would become all but none existent. These, however silly, were a big part of the PvP experience.

The spell batching system is also a massive power balance preventing players with better connections or hardware having a massive advantage over other players.

It existed in Vanilla and people asked for a remake of vanilla. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It’s actually insane how it depends on luck, poly, aoe slow, nova, all depends on if I got the right tick or not. It will get old real fast.

1 Like

It’s exactly how it worked in vanilla… Do you think you do but you don’t?

5 Likes

Spell batching averages 200ms delay, not 500ms

3 Likes

Actually yes this will be the reason I quit Vanilla, nothing else.

And my real latency is 20ms. So why would I ever want to play with 200 again?

Because it’s a part of the game. It defines many pvp encounters. Classic is not a remaster.

1 Like

If serious then you really did “think you do but you don’t” and Classic isn’t the game for you.

Because spell batching isn’t latency.
Spell batching is a server-side optimization which was removed from the code a long time, but belongs in Classic as it was part of the original combat mechanics.

2 Likes

We dont say it should go away completely. It is just thst the current implementations makes these occurances happen way too often. The batch window is just way too large.

Not really, it isn’t. It is a recriation of a system that was made to combat lag, which we, by large, don’t have, rending it completely useless and unnecessary. Nobody asked for it.

1 Like