Remove the Trust Level system!

1 Like

A picture to show from 0 posts.

Odd, at the top it says “Your account is unable to post or reply until Jan 2, 2021 10:32 am.” yet I can post. I’ve tried logging in and out, gonna try a cookie removal.

Edit: Didn’t work, trying another browser. Another Browser didn’t remove it. Loks like it’s at Blizzards end.

And no, it’s not a picture of me

2 Likes

I would like to have the trust level system removed mainly because the amount of garbage that gets posted by those who are desperate to get TL3. And by garbage I mean threads that are just fluff, not useful to anyone and in any other forum would belong to off-topic section.

Also would absolutely love an option to always hide gifs, pictures etc until I click “show hidden content”. Maybe I’m just too old, but I just don’t find memes funny at all and most of the time have no clue what the reference is.

1 Like

Here. A grumpy cat for Mr. grumpy poster

4 Likes

Can someone explain this to me like I’m 5.

What practical difference does not having a certain trust level or whatever actually make?

The TL3 Chads ( :stuck_out_tongue: ) can post images/gifs everywhere, while us virgins can not post such at all.

1 Like

Trust Levels

Trust levels are a participation system on the forums. The more you post, like, reply, read, and visit the forums, the more you work your way to a higher trust level. Increased Trust levels grant additional privileges. Everyone who is new starts off at Trust Level 0 but will quickly climb by reading and visiting the forums within their first few days.

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

• Flag posts
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
  • Flag posts
  • Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Have an increased “like” count.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website

For regular users, even if you are Trust Level 3 on the Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, or BlizzCon forums, your forum stats and trust level will be different here.

Source:

2 Likes

Id post that “im sickened but curious” image from Johnny bravo, but…

So yeah we can do a ‘wiki’ post which no one ever does, and we can post gifs and links, which we do.

But others can just do it in the method explained earlier in the discussion:-

1 Like

Hahaha love it! Thanks!

Okay great, thank you.

I guess I don’t see the problem. It’s like some made up rank system which gives you perks which are questionable and some clout maybe?

Why are people this bothered about it.

It sounds like IO for forums lol, with even less benefits.

1 Like

ye this TL system is utter crap. Im here since like 2 years, fairly active with 1000+ posts, yet nowhere near even TL2. I can’t even post a damn link for god’s sake.

Since you need an active wow sub this forum is pretty safe from coordinated spam bot attacks. I don’t see a reason behind these overly restrictive barriers affecting majority of users.

Just give everyone TL3 and if they abuse it to post inappropriate content or too much gifs/pics etc. then you can temporarily reduce it.

2 Likes

Blizz dont want random People to post nasty p o r n . Because even though america is hefty producer of p o r n , it is so forbidden to see it in public. But I dont mind i cant post gif etc. I rather prefer blizz spend their time on the game.

Why would people go here to post their naughty images, and do you really think such content goes unflagged?

Let me answer for you: Only a handful of nutballs would attempt to post their naught stuff here, and they would be permabanned pretty fast anyway thanks to the flagging system which actually can have a beneficial use too.

1 Like

People would post so many questionable memes and get banned left and right…

Yes.
YES.
YES!
It would be awesome.

2 Likes

Agree get rid of it! Lost TL3 3 times now haha. Such a grind to get it back!

1 Like

people are mad about it only cause there is no TL3 boosters

5 Likes

That was maybe the reason for not to allow everyone to post images.

Because everyone will come here and post naughty images?

Come on, let’s get realistic here…

1 Like

I have always assumed that this is a native feature of the discourse forums and that Blizz never bothered to change it when they moved the forums to this system.

1 Like

It’s just an anti troll measure, if you are a good boi and don’t get reported and punished (ie don’t swear or break any of the other rules) then you can build up to TL3. Most people are TL2.

If you do get into trouble you can redeem yourself and still get back to TL3 if it’s something you’re really bothered about but it’s mainly just gifs. We post gifs, or images. TL3s don’t tend to post unsuitable images because they don’t want to lose the rank.

3 Likes