Retail wow has spoiled players so much

NetEase is already halfway done developing the foundational engine that will run WoW on a mobile device. The truth is, that no one will play mythic difficulty on a mobile device, because it is a mythical endeavour.

Am I missing something here? Are Blizzard releasing Retail WoW on mobile? :eyes:

1 Like

Do you seriously think any of the absolute crap he’s writing isn’t just trolling?

3 Likes

Well yes given some of what he said resonated with me.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing if they do that I quit wow forever don’t scare me like that people ,mobile games belong to the Asian market just not here.

Tell me again how EASY retail is when you faced mythic azshara or did a 15+ key or reached 2500 rated arena rank.

Walking in the world instead of flying, drinking and eating after every single fight doesn’t make a game better or harder.

you enjoy classic? Have at it. But stop creating embarrassing comments that downgrade classic players, because people think every classic player is like you.

They tried giving people a little bit more challenge with nazjatar. 50 posts arrived the very first day, of people CRYING on the forums about how much they’re dying.

So when the majority wants easier mobs, let them have easier mobs.

11 Likes

I seriously doubt it. Content outside of hard-core stuff being too easy has been a thing in Retail WoW for several expansions.

That content isn’t challenging because Blizzard shifted WoW’s focus to basically be only end-game pve, and everything else to be treated as little other than an obstacle to it. It certainly makes them money because players often buy boosts to bypass the lvling. Retail WoW isn’t the way it is due to the mobile market.

1 Like

Loot boxes, paying 60 dollars to become god almighty, transmogs, wow shop, garrison missions. All these things have actually been invented by the mobile gaming market. Long before WoW stepped unto that boat.

Retail presents you with a story, you go out in the world, watch the cutscenes and progress through every zone. Doing that multiple times gets boring yes.

However, I don’t see myself leveling more then once either through classic. I’ve done it on vanilla and after lvl 20 I just found something better to do with my time.

Yes. Vanilla feels rewarding because every level you grinded for. However. Its also just that, you grind with every quest. There is no epic quest line as you level. There is the AQ questline but good luck doing that without a guild to support you.

All in all, do you enjoy endgame content? Play retail. Do you enjoy the grind? Play classic.

Ran out of valid points then I see.

1 Like

After 5 levels and 5 ability points i managed to reduce the cast time of my Priest’s smite by 0.5 seconds.

I felt rewarded.

2 Likes

Again, as a mythical player, you are in the MYTHICAL minority, in the mobile gaming market. Not because you are worthless, but actually because you advance the development of this game, with your gaming computer device. You stretch the boundary of the development of the game.
Playing mythical difficulty on a mobile phone is mythical. You get to look awesome and stuff, and that’s about it. All the mobile phone kids will just look up to you, and be like “oh thats what I wanna become when I grow up. A gamer! With amazing computer and stuff.” Hell they may even pay you real money to help them out with your gaming computer.

What!? Huh?

3 Likes

Is Mythical the new cool word ?

Like savage was in WoD ? Like class fantasy was in Legion ? Like honor is in BFA ?

Mythical is used as a term to define something that exists outside of your reality, for the majority of the mobilephone gamers as 99% of the gaming community. A mythical player is 1% of the entire gaming community. They stretch the boundary of the game with mythical gaming computers.
idealized, especially with reference to the past.

Isnt it weird that these trolling classic players are all lvl15-20 which is below avarage on the servers. I think its pointless to even reply to these monkeys with “acshually klassic is harder cuz it hard 4 me” comments.

3 Likes

Classic is just the foundational mmorpg virtualization, or virtual realisation, of the classic Dungeons and Dragons invention of roleplaying adventure game creators.

To be fair, I have been spoilt. I’m used to a game which has its douche canoes, but everyone knows they are trolls and ignores them, where you can actually have civil and dare I say interesting conversations, where people are helpful, plentiful, and RP is rife. Its called World of Warcraft (The Retail version)

We were told the Classic Community would be so much better (some people seem to forget some of us were already adult when it was released and remember this myth) But perhaps, perhaps society has changed in those 15 years, obviously the people have grown older, perhaps Classic will have a more social and mature playerbase?

Took me fifteen minutes tops to be disabused of that opinion, upon reading the frankly vile language used by a “Hardcore Classic Fan” upon a person who admitted that they played retail also. This ‘Classic Fan’ basically advocated that the person be penetrated against their will, up the rectum, by a deceased dog. Because they liked Retail as well.

Clearly a Douchecanoe of the highest order, right? a Rarity?

I wish it were. I lost count of the number of times people asking genuine questions for help were hit with barrages of “Eff off back to Retail!”

The community is worse than it was in Vanilla, it is worse than Retails, it has some shocking bad types in there and plenty who jump on the “Eff off back to Retail” train.

We see it here, an extreme and unfounded arrogance on the forums, and an inability to actually just play the game they wanted, and let other people play the game they wanted, which is no only ridiculous, but is selfish, and makes the Classic community look like the most unwelcoming, bitter and isolationist one I have ever heard of.

I know these are the bad examples, I -know- most of the people claiming Retail is Dead are mostly just bargain basement standard trolls acting up on the weekend, but if people aren’t careful -that- is the impression people will get of Classic players, and that, not Retail, that, will kill Classic stone dead.

People need to stop being jebends to each other about which game version they play.

10 Likes

The WoW: Classic experience is just a marketing event, to promote Retail WoW to a wide range mobilephone gamers, via die hard WoW fanatics streaming classic WoW for the mobile gaming community on twitch, as a finale, before the announcement of WoW coming to mobile phones on Blizzcon.
For all the viewers of these classic twitch streamers, who are in majority, mobilephone gamers who look up to these hardcore gamers. And a wider target audience than both classic and retail on pc combined together.

Giggled a bit.

1 Like