Retail wow has spoiled players so much

I was talking about the elites tho, not the rares. I used to pull some elites in WPvP so that they may finish the guys who killed me.

The wave something elite in the north east or Nazjatar will buff themself +100% dmg and a ms buff every 15s, with at least 4 stacks. Ignore them in WPvP and you’re doomed.

Just read your OP, what did i miss for the talents to be involved in an outdoor content challenge ? u_U

Dunno abou you but on my warr these elites are nothing.

The probelm with retail is that they have not scaled the game in a linear fashion like a sensible developer.

Instead it scales exponetially so you will gain almost 3x more for a 430 to 445 upgrade in comparison to a 325 to 340 upgrade, just off raw stats alone, in light of that, it should not be any surprise that the game is now considered easy because our power is shooting up to 10-20 raw levels worth of power beyond what it should be.

2 Likes

Another person not knowing what he’s talking about. Maybe level a bit beyond level 20 in Classic before saying dumbs stuff. You get new spells and abilities even 5 levels before cap, unlike retail where you get 90% of the spells before you go to outland.

Example: I can nova aoe my mobs down with 2 different techniques or single target them down with all the frost fire or arcane spells I have.
Yeah priests are a bit less in that regard but they can heal and shield like no other.

1 Like

Which Gear tho ? Almost nothing can kill my 420 DH but it’s way different for characters with lower ilvl, like my 390 affliction warlock for example.

Vanilla isn’t that different in this regard, how many naxx or AQ geared dps will die to a random elite ?

i thought your entire comment was about classic until last sentence

Lol

And then you see that modern wow talents are just same, but not bloated point wise. When you level you still get new spell ranks, new improvements, but people have somehow forgotten it.

Like the necks, and artifact weapons were just basic talent systems. But if people hate, they hate.

As if m+ could be considered challenging. ><

Don’t know why people are going to compare good content to challenging content, maybe BFA is a bit more challenging but only at the very high top (2.6+ arena +20-25 keys). other than that bfa is a big faceroll when compared to classic.

at this point i know the majority of the people posting here are trying to make themselves feel better by telling “i stick to retail” but i personally think and it’s not directed as attack to people who think this way, never have played classic in any of it’s potential or are just strict right delusional.

I mean not to brag, but I kill Elites of my own level no problem and with 75% health still left in Classic on my mage. It’s all very easy, slow and boring imo, not challenging, if you want a challenge do Mythic +10 and up in time. Though it’s highly personal maybe you find challenge only at +20 or +2. Looking at your account history Heroic’s might just do it.

I mean when the expan starts…you don’t solo elites even on retail. I had to make groups to kill the “elite world quest” mobs and even wanted quest mobs, often than not the only time I kill it when my gear makes the content beyond trivial, once again another thread trying to praise classic for something which retail still does more than well. Content on retail will remain challenging to people of the equivalent level/item level.

And if we’re really comparing end game…lets just uh cough onyxia and rag killed before one week of classic passes.

1 Like

You were already informed in a thread you made yourself that mages are pretty OP in Classic :stuck_out_tongue:

Try killing elites alone as a melee class and see how well you do. You might still kill them but you won’t be coming out with 75% hp without self healing.

Lets not compare solo questing to high-end group content. Those are radically different environments. How about comparing solo with solo, and group with group?

Fine, Classic group content is a joke as well. It’s slow, requires 0 skills and has no challenge, I know cause I did it.

It’s not that killing elites on a melee is “hard” it’s just that in Classic you’re handicapped, no offense. You have a barebones toolkit if you can even call it that, and pretty everything is always on a cooldown, or not enough mana, or rage, or whatever, it’s 1 mobile auto attack game to me. Which is why it’s most likely to join the mobile games family soon.

In the end pve in classic is a numbers game, gear check, nothing more. There are no mechanics and it’s all just braindead. But ye in retail you can solo elites, times changed, we got stronger, I don’t think THAT part of modern wow is a bad thing. I like it.

3 Likes

Sorry but what? Exchanging autohit blows after you got oom due to 4 spells taking all of your mana is not very repetetive ? And that rewards you greatly aswell?

Jesus christ, you people.

How is that in any way related to my point?

It can be.

It is when you have a bunch of mages for sure. Even having one mage can mean a big difference. I’ve seen sheep save bad pulls more times than I could possibly count. Their aoe is great at slowing down packs as well.

You’re confusing handi-capped with not having infinite resources. In Classic managing your class resource was a thing you had to do carefully regardless of what you played. Knowing how to do that with minimal downtime is part of the skillset of playing your class.

As for the toolkit:

1: You’re not some legendary hero. You’re a nobody for most of Classic. Why would you have an amazing toolkit?

2: It’s a 15 year old game and the first of its kind in the Warcraft franchise and among Blizzard games. Why would you expect a very sophisticated combat system comparable with an expansion from today from such an old game that had to deal with limitations that aren’t even remotely considered obstacles today?

People should take the game for what it is instead of comparing it so directly with a game or expansion that is literately generations ahead. Comparing Classic to BFA is like comparing a vinyl record player to a mp3 player. Yea they both play music, but the experience is radically different due to the technology that existed during the times of their invention.

And no taking Classic for what it is doesn’t mean you must like it. It means that you realise that comparing it so directly with a modern game is pretty pointless a lot of the time.

That is the imbalanced nature of classic which is fine, but all those mages be pressing 1 button man!

No I don’t mean resources really, ye they’re a problem, but the biggest of all is that I really have 2 spells, frostbolt and blizzard, Classic’s toolkit is very barebones, the things I can do on my retail mage are simply impossible in classic even if I had 6 billion mana. It always boils down to auto attacking like a mobile game. Not fun to me. My fun starts at M+10 and I get myself handed to me on +13. Different strokes for different folks though when you play on 10+ I cannot imagine anyone finding classic remotely “hard” or challenging.

There we have it, which is fine, i prefer my retail mage, classic feels slow, boring and non challenging to me. But as I’ve said I see what people see in it.

I compare it to retail cause I thought I did not like classes in retail but as it turned out it was way worse.

1 Like

That’s fair enough if you don’t like it. I was merely explaining that resource management was intentional. It wasn’t an accident of combat design.

You would be better off playing another modern mmorpg than Classic if you want to compare the quality of classes in Retail WoW.

Unlike before there are many mmos on the market now that are at least as compelling as WoW, if not more so, depending on your personal taste.

True, I have not found any that I liked yet besides wildstar. I REALLY like cartoony graphics, FFXIV not appealing to me same for other popular mmo’s I tried them, can’t get immersed due to graphics.