Return the Clone Service MEGATHREAD

You think that the other GM said “If enough people want it we will bring it back”? No, they didn’t I even linked the picture from the reddit guys ticket.

A GM does not know everything and they have no direct contact with the Devs.

The quote I got in a ticket was copied from a support article, dammit, I even linked it. Do you think it was posted without any input from the Devs?

Why won’t you face the fact that the data is “permanently deleted”?

I am taking my responses direct from Blizzard information where as you are pulling yours out of nowhere. Well it is coming out of somewhere but mentioning where will get me a forum ban.

Because prior to WoW Classic they said it wasnt possible to bring back WoW in its original form for years…and look

2 Likes

You simply aren’t capable of understanding the point. No idea why you care so much. It’s pretty sad, bro. We all know your opinion and don’t care. Just go comment on anything else.

2 Likes

They didn’t bring back the original classic, they remade it using Legion tech.

I understand it completely, you are an ignorer who even in face of a huge mound of evidence still thinks it’s coming back, and you have no evidence except your denials.

Edit: Also, you haven’t really made a point.

1 Like

You don’t even read my comments lol. I’m not saying it’s coming back. I want clarification. Your arguments aren’t convincing enough and I’d like to hear it from an official announcement. Are you really so dense as to not be able to grasp that?

1 Like

I have given you more than one source that the data is gone. One is an OFFICIAL announcement! In fact both are.

1 Like

Dottie is a known troll man, beat bet is to ignore him and Upright otherwise they’ll just feed off it all day.

3 Likes

Do you know what an announcement is? Apparently not

2 Likes

I know I don’t know why I’m biting tbh. Slow work day

2 Likes

It is an official support article: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000285681

“All clones that were not activated before July 26, 2022 have been deleted”

What more do you want, i really don’t know.

2 Likes

I do but I also saw this

Updated: 3 months ago Article ID: 285681

so as of 3 months ago they said it’s not coming back.

1 Like

Can you read? Yes? Go read my previous comments then

1 Like

I read them. You said

You were given a link to an official support article which provides crystal-clear clarification:

“All clones that were not activated before July 26, 2022 have been deleted”

Case closed.

1 Like

I work as a backend developer, I can absolutely assure you that the data is not permanently deleted. That would be considered a mess up beyond belief.

8 Likes

If you want to argue go read all the threads about clones on the forums. You’re ignoring my reasoning completely and I’m not going to carry on repeating myself.
This thread is for people that want cloning brought back. If you don’t then you have no reason to comment here

2 Likes

No offense, but what you work as has no relevance to what blizzard did or did not do with their own data.

2 Likes

Is there another meaning to “permanently deleted” I’m unaware of? They activated the Wrath version and permanently deleted the Era ones. Why keep more than one copy of a character?

A database doesn’t just get deleted just because it’s not visible on the frontend.
There’s zero reason why you would permanently delete this data rather than store it somewhere.

3 Likes

The characters did get deleted.

You mean like it is stored on the Wrath realms?

Again, they activated the Wrath clones and deleted the Era ones. Do you get that?

Lol, it’s very clear you have no clue what you’re talking about.

6 Likes