Road to epic mount

So as im geting closer to 60, im starting to realize that im pretty far from my epic mount, so i was thinking how to get it asap, but since i cant play 12hours a day, some brainwashed farming isnt realy an option for me, and since im a bit behind, i cant even abuse layers and dungeons resets like many did ( not blaming you tho)

So few ideas ive got

1. Start fishing and cooking, and sell everything, might not pay whole mount but at least something, and its always handy to have those, right?

2. Grind to lvl 60 (almost 57 now) , not ideal but i might pull this off, if i get lucky and drop some epic that would help but honestly, dont give this one much hope

3. Level to 60 withou quests then do all 50+ ive left ( whole everlook, plaguelands, blastedlands and so on) on 60 for some bonus gold, no idea how much this will realy provide

4. Just let it be, hit 60 get some pre bis, and wait how things turn out

5. Solo farm dire maul? Maybe, never tried that, no idea how much i can make as shaman there, but ive got a warr friend tho that might help

If there is some1 who knows the trick, and can help me figure this out, how to make money for (not only) epic mount, i would be glad, and im sure im not the only one

Thanks. And sorry for bad english

I’ve done it for the first time. Been 60 4 times, first time managing the grind.

I was constantly playing the game while watching what I spent. I did everything I could for money and did not get lucky with valuable patterns or items worth more than 50g.

For a while I was herbing/skinning; that was nice. I was herbing/mining with a switch tracking macro I spammed for a while too.

That would be the worst idea of presented, don’t waste your time on these unless you have everything else that you need.

That’s like the default, you need to get to 60 anyway and you need to do dungeons, so might get some nice expensive drops in process.

I don’t think its efficient, and also doing quests at 60 is far from the best g/h, whoever recommends doing quests for gold at 60 has no idea what they’re talking about.

A shaman can’t really solo farm there, but duo jump runs in DM:E with a fury warrior sounds like the best way to farm for you at 60, especially if you have enchanting and mining. It may require some decent healing gear though.

Personally, I lvled skinning as I was levelling, so farming devilsaur leathers is the best g/h I can get. It means getting into some pvp as well though.

just keep playing the game start doing dungeon and you will swim in gold

1 Like

if you get very lucky with epics drops indeed but other than that i don’t see how you make much gold by running dungeons

1 Like

I wouldnt say I made much but from the greens etc it was atleast something that wasnt a waste of time if you were trying to get gold.

Edit: People that need Strat Live in particular for prebis could also earn decently if rolls were regular(first to tank, rest free roll usually)

Cant shaman do the lasher spam? Idk if its eficient but ive seen some videos where u basicly just go in kill all those little flowers for grey drop, go out and reset, if u are lucky something more valuable might drop.

How exactly? I did brm like 15 times ( whole like 2 times). And ive mad about 10-15g at max

Lasher farm is efficient when you can AoE them down quickly. I haven’t played shaman at 60, but their only AoE attack seems to be the fire nova totem and its simply not enough, in my opinion.
With some specific gear like Skullflame Shield, Force of Will, Uther’s Strength and enough spellpower - maybe, but that’s still quite a stretch.

I basically didnt spend a copper other than repairs since i dinged 60 , ran dungeons to get my prebis and eventually could afford the epic mount.

Yea cant realy aford that :smiley: if i somehow managed to get skullflame i would sell it instantly

Farming lashers in DM doesnt sound bad, even if you can’t do it as fast as a mage or warlock. I mean, if you can do it at all, it can’t be that slow anyway.

This looks like the best solution but realy cant see how without any lucky drop, maybe Ubrs Lbrs scholo and strat are better moenywise than Brd arena anger farm?

Just loot every mob , and stuff life essence of fire you can sell in AH.

You’ll get there eventually:)

Well from what i know mages and locks ( priest too maybe) hit instance per hour cap, so it doesnt really matter to me if i can do run in 8 minuts or 15, since u are caped per hour runs, but how much can u make in one run?

Difficult to say. First of all, it can vary a lot since some runs you might get a lot of stuff that sells on AH, including books, that sell for 90g or so, and Felcloth if you choose to get the demon patrol.

Secondly, the loot in Classic may be different from pservers which my experience of DM runs are from. There was a time where I’d do five runs before work, and five runs when I get back home from work. I want to remember that I’d make around 30g from the stuff that I sold to vendors after five runs. You get a lot of herbs to sell on AH, but if you’re an alchemist I recommend making potions out of them and sell those instead because you could get a lot more for that.

I hope so, right now im siting at about 250g and somehow cant move i should probably hit 60 asap and start farming other dungeons too

Option 3 works every time. Worked for me twice in the past and will work for me this time as well. Hell, you don’t need to not do quests until 60. Quest until 60 and then do the remaining quests, it’s a surefire way to get epic mount as long as you don’t spend your gold on useless sh!t. Save it for the mount and you’ll guaranteed have it before you finish the last quest.

How much more you actualy get at 60? I know it may be different on each quest but still, it is noticable boost?

Even shaman 60 Restoration can solo farm the last 2 boss (Princess and the Gobelin, I dont remembre if the crocolisk is doable) in Maraudon in 15 mins, so you could make around 35-55 gold / hour. (even more if you can disenchant items)

If you are not on a big server, I recommend Herb/Mining and go fetch some Dreamfoil and Black Lotus.

Yes, noticeable. Before 60 you get maybe 2g on a quest that will give you 4.5g at level 60. Not 100% sure on accuracy of that but that’s what it feels like.