Rogues and locked chests

It tends to be similar to this. I don’t mind helping you out on this matter. It’s not really fair to you if you need to read things that are well above your capacity to understand.

Oh i understand - and someone like you is bound to have thousand of aliases to witness all the bridges burned …

1 Like

On the contrary I have never changed my name here to dodge anyone. I really don’t care about burning bridges that are not worth walking on. If you can’t handle a simple internet debate because it’s not insanely simple you are truly not worth knowing.

2 Likes

There - i fixed it for you … And its all for free, even though i’ve spend time learning how to write. See what i did there ? Have a nice day buddy …

1 Like

I’m sorry that I hurt your feelings because you feel entitled to chests that someone else opens.

1 Like

Things will clear in the end. The ignore lists grow, people play with the people they enjoy playing with so everyone will be happy. Rogues will play with rogues so they get all the chests in the dungeons and we, the other players that play in a group for the group’s benefit, we will play with the guys that follow the same mentality.

1 Like

I think you misunderstand my stance on this. I don’t ever debate this in a dungeon. I ask if people wish to roll for it and if even a single person does then we roll. It is not worth it to have group drama over what is most likely 1g worth of loot. I find that most people can’t even be bothered to roll for that nonsense.

Here though people are making the argument they are ENTITLED to the loot. That the Rogue is obligated to offer the service for free and share all profits from it with everyone. That is a wholly different claim from just asking nicely.

1 Like

That was the whole point, if a rogue can open a chest and the other 4 ask for his help to open it and then the 5 persons in the same dungeon roll on it…it’s just something that I would do as a rogue. And if I happen to play with a rogue that wouldn’t do that…I would just not play with him next time. It’s my option, no hard feelings :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is definitely fair. You can of course choose who you play with and your reason for making that decision is your business. It’s not at all the same as saying that you are entitled to the chest. It’s the same difference as not joining a dungeon run that has something reserved and saying that you are entitled to the reserved thing.

1 Like

If I ignored every mage which did not open a portal at the end of a run, I’d play with two Mages on my server total.

1 Like

I would open a portal at the end of the run, it’s just nice to do and people like other nice people. Scum is scum irl and in the game.

I agree it’s nice, but for me the rarity of cases like you is just one good example that the MUHCOMMUNITY people try to bully rogues into in this thread is way smaller than they imply… Or just hypocritical.

It’s obvious enough that when people act with respect and gratitude, you should be nice to them in return.

Can you get to the chest solo and open it solo?
If not, why should the group not be able to get stuff from the chest too?

Can you get to the mining node solo and mine it solo? If not then why should the group not get stuff from the mining node as well?

No I can’t.
Cus I’m tailoring and enchanting.

Right, so you should ask to roll for the Thorium because you helped clear the way to the node :slight_smile:

Nah, I wouldn’t do that. To me it’s just normal that herbs/mining nodes go to miners and herbers respectively but chests are rolled, locked or not.

If there’s 2 herbers, they roll for each herb etc.

1 Like

I just like to play with nice people. I play in a nice and mature guild, I pass on good items in raid when it would benefit another player more than me or it would be a better upgrade and add more to our guild raid, I only attack in wpvp once the other party is at least full health/mana and not in combat with a mob etc. And I found out that when in pugs it’s better to /ignore the players that aren’t reasonable and my experience has gotten better since I don’t ever group with those players again.

2 Likes

Yeah but have you thought about why it is normal and is it really rational to treat it different from a locked chest? Because people seem to apply the special pleading fallacy here.

To me it’s generally that the value of a node/herb can be vastly lower than a chest containing a preraid BiS blue or even epic. Doesn’t seem fair to me that a rogue should be able to just take the entire chest no questions asked.
But you do you.

1 Like