Rogues and locked chests

It does not need to make any sense, from your answer and the tone of your “writing” we both should stay away from being in the same group. I am sure you play a rogue in Classic and loot all chests, because they are meant for you, aren’t they?

Next time post on your rogue so I can simply put on you on ignore, thanks.

1 Like

Because professions can be learned by anyone while lockpicking only by Rogues. If you do not see the difference in here, don’t bother to reply.

Just open it and jack the lot, who’s going to stop you?

I don’t know what Mages you had in your party, but i’ve never been asked for copper/silver/gold for Mage buffs/food .

It’s always a load of crap in the chest anyways.

This kind of mentality i get from Ninja’s who rolls Need on a Plate item, while they are Leather or Cloth “but it’s not good! do you need it?” ! NO, but do you?!

If it wasn’t for the group, you never would’ve reached that chest in the first place. So it’s not yours. Simple as that.

Unlocking locked chests as a rogue is utility in the same way making water, soulstones, summons etc is utility as mage, warlock etc.

2 Likes

A real Rogue claims s/he doesnt have Lockpicking skills and returns to the chest later… That Stormwind Brie really tastes better alone.

7 Likes

The rogue takes the time to level lockpicking. Its a profession on its own. Let him have it. Those few silver couns wont make your day better.

1 Like

No its not a profession just because it has X/300. Every toon has 2 professions, rogues don’t get to magically have a 3rd one. Took the time to level lockpicking is not an arguement i.e. /2. Opening lockboxes for free - tips appreciated. In any case, mages take the time to trade food/water to casters and locks take the time to use their healthstones/soulstones/summon for others using up soul shards (which is a pain to grind). Do you see them being greedy as much? No.

If a locked chest drops and the rogue doesnt want to open it because he lost the roll - thats fine no one cares as it can always be opened later on. Either way, its being rolled on by everyone.

If as a rogue or blacksmith with keys you come across a locked chest and the party won’t allow you to loot it for yourself, you just tell the miner, the skinner and the herbalist that they are not allowed to mine, skin or pick herbs.

Edit for bonus points: Demand that you roll for all pieces of cloth that drop too if there is a tailor in the group too.

1 Like

For cloth, everyone gets equal turn to loot a mob by design so thats not an arguement. If there are multiple miners/skinners/herbalists then generally they work it out between themselves. I had 2 gathering professions and I always initiated the roll when I find someone else is a herbalist/miner.

Besides, the issue is the chance to get a rare BoE sometimes which most people take their shot at - lets not lie. For that reason, I think chests are often more coveted rather than 5x Peacebloom bro.

1 Like

That logic is honestly stupid lmao.

By that logic, the ores belong to engineers.

The leather all belong to the leatherworkers, herbs to alchemists.

Cloth can also be used for first aid.

Obviously all the armor and weapon pieces belong to the enchanter so they can be disenchanted.

Wait, that’s 90% of the dungeon loot. :thinking:

2 Likes

Pretty much aha.

I think the fact this debate even exists is part of the reason why Classic is so popular.

Retail went down the route of heavily limiting the chances of a ‘bad interaction’ with anyone.

That possibility is very much present in Classic and I think that’s what makes it such an intriguing game.

You provide nothing to the group other than damage, you can only get near the chest because of the group, you freaking unlock it and roll like all other chests.

3 Likes

Lockpicking is part of your class. You should not have picked a rogue if you cant be bothered to bring the very little utility your class actually can bring.

If you want to earn money from the lockpicking then stand on the Ironforge bridge with an opening lockboxes /yell macro. You know, like mages do with portals and water.

3 Likes

See now here i want to make a counter argument, i feel like locked chests in dungeons are to be rolled for, no matter if you have a Rogue, a Blacksmith or an Engineer. I’m all for that.

But I’m curious what do people feel about Lockboxes? I personally think i should have priority but then again i can also see why i shouldn’t. Can anyone give me their point of view on this?