Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

I’d like the Razorfen Quilboar.
The dungeon update had Agamaggan wanting you to eliminate the leadership so that they could return to their “noble roots”.
With an Ancient looking over them, their shamanistic society, their animosity and long standing fighting with the Horde, they’d make an interesting ally for the night elves, who can bond with them over their history (with the Ancients).

3 Likes

Aren’t there several furbolg tribes that are canonically allied to the nightelves as well and closely work with them?

2 Likes

Yeah, but pandaren are already beary.
But I do love the furbolg.
How the vanishing of Ursoc will affect them would be an interesting point for their introduction.

Also, the Stillpine have been directly linked to the draenei since their arrival. They even have a furbolg shaman trainer in the Exodar.

2 Likes

There plenty examples like this across WoW where certain members of their tribes/factions act as ambassadors or help out in other areas to assist the horde or alliance directly.
As stated before, I’d really enjoy if due to model swaps we’d have the chance to take up those roles as far as rp is concerned ourselves, cause it would give you the chance to shine a light on so much more the lore and wordbuilding has to offer that we just don’t see anymore…

You could bring people together through storytelling like this as well quite nicely. Playing travelers from afar and finding refuge in faction cities for a while, sharing more about your people and their history with others and that way it would be remembered, both ic and ooc.

2 Likes

Allows people to pay tribute to the world and the lore behind it properly and re-tell things from different perspectives.
Isn’t all alliance or horde, there’s lots of good stuff out there.

On board with that though. I’d love to have small player groups form that play as quillboar, gnolls, ogres etc and settle close to the areas you’d find them in.
That would make travel rp super interesting.

3 Likes

That would actually motivate me to IC travel on foot around azeroth wherever I go just to see what kind of people I would bump into.

Brings a sense of exploration and adventure back doesnt it?

3 Likes

If you had more options and incentive to just go IC and travel the world like that that’d be nice.
For that to happen more people would have to give it a try though otherwise it’ll just feel empty… its kind of a issue within an issue.
There’s not many people doing it, so you don’t do it yourself, and because you don’t the next person will feel its just as empty and not do it either.

4 Likes

Always will be like that. All you can do is try and start something and then hope other people join in. If noone is making the first step, nothing will come from it either.

2 Likes

Absolutely would yes.
The only thing required is giving people the ability to use other models and assets for rp purposes. People would do the rest and come up with a good use for most.

5 Likes

Also can’t set the expectations too high, its not going to fix everything and bring everyone back, but it would do a whole lot of good regardless.

1 Like

Always will be like that.

1 Like

I think that’s the important point. Give people more reason to want to just spend time ingame by giving them the ability to do it as who they want, and how they want.

Would personally love to get creative and run more events again and see others do the same if they had more options to express themselves.
With all the talk about bringing people back together, consdering how tight-knit most rp communities are, it would be a huge deal.

3 Likes

I’d want to try being a half insane Litch, crazy for knowledge and inciting cultists with slithering words. Honestly i just wish we could be different types of undead as forsaken: litches, ghouls, skelly bois, etc.

but most of all,

i was seduced by the Ethereals when they first were introduced, and have loved them ever since <3

2 Likes

I can actually see that work. There’s no real word on what happened to the undead with the broken helm of domination, likewise there could also be some remaining groups of undead that attacked azeroth when the tear in the sky opened up.
Building a group of antagonists could be quite thrilling as it gives people a way to play out characters with a more ‘evil’ allignment and give others a nemesis to keep things interesting.

Reminds me of the old classic wow campaign I was part of back then where stormwinds ‘church of holy light’ started a crusade against the warlock guild hiding in nethergarde keep in the blasted lands.
Made for several subplots and a grand finale that lasted several days.

3 Likes

Evil cultist guild? That’d be fun yeah.
Basically what the above post said honestly.

1 Like

I think many people wanted a chance to play them ever since bc and while I don’t think they’ll be added as an allied race anytime soon, they still count as humanoids so if they fixed prisms you easily could.

2 Likes

My boyfriend told me of a game called Pathfinder, where there is a lot of roleplay. And one of the things I think sounds really fun is how they have riddles and puzzles in the game.

Would be great if we could have more of those in the game. Actual puzzles, not Mario-style jumping madness, because that is not really my cup of tea.

I am not going to talk of how exactly the puzzles are in pathfinder, because I do not wish to spoil the game. But I want puzzles!

1 Like

Would be neat if players could write notes and leave them behind in certain spots so you could set up your own treasure hunts and riddles.
I’d be all for it.

4 Likes

I’d welcome a way to be able to get close to the other factions outposts and cities without drawing aggro from guards or getting pvp flagged.
You don’t have to be able to interact with them, id simply like a ‘you can’t attack but not get attacked anymore either’ mode.

Due to proximity you sometimes unintentionally end up getting in a fight.

2 Likes

Would be a decent solution I guess instead of having to go all the way with cross-faction.
Might depend on what the plan is story wise cause as it stands in SL its all combined effort and being on one side.