Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

I WANT :open_mouth:
I’ve always been really seduced by the Scarlet Crusade, the church of the holy light, the argent dawn, the argent crusade and their relationship to the scourge and the forsaken. It was what made me fall for wow in the first place, and it’d be really cool to have more of it :slight_smile:

Hell yea :slight_smile:

Certainly they won’t add them as allied races. It’d be too hard with fitting armor on the models. But they are cool, and awesome for RP.

AZEROTH SCAVENGER HUNT HERE WE GO!

I think going completely cross faction would probably deter a lot of players, so it would be a good middleground. How fun would it be to run a caravan like Fiona (Eastern PL), with both alliance and horde players and peddle wares from city to city.
This would of course require a group mount like a Gilnean Carriage, or smth like that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh that would be so much fun! I love the idea of a ragtag bunch of people from all over just adventuring around and making a living.

Also gives me a few hearthstone vibes which I feel does a better job lately of getting the ‘feel’ of the warcraft universe right
 certainly better than WoW which is a shame.

2 Likes

Absolutely, give me those prism changes please :smiley:

That would also be awesome and so much fun. Would help with faction imbalance population wise too. Could actually get into rp more without being forced onto a different character.

Couple that with the above and you could just have a super diverse and colorful bunch of characters just having fun and enjoying the big open world out there.
A goblin who keeps haggling for better deals, a big ogre whos not the smartest but keeps everyone safe, a soothsaying arakkoa who keeps reading fortunes for extra coin

Embrace the fun bright side of warcraft <3

4 Likes

There’s some truth to that I think
 it kinda embodies the less serious side of it perfectly.

2 Likes

Hearthstone Mercenary mode is actually kinda cozy,

The thing is it wouldn’t have to be cross faction at all. The alliance characters would be orange in Horde cities and vice versa, and they would be yellow in netural cities, meaning the alliance characters can’t trade in Horde Cities, which would encourage the cross faction gameplay.
Imagine a bickering Gnome/Goblin pair, the tauren group mom, the panda brewer, a wayward priestess of Elune healing for a pretty silver, a forsaken alchemist who sells posions in the back alleys.
It could be so much fun.
It would also serve as an oppurtunity to implement both group mounts, a better trading/bartering system, a language skill so you can talk cross faction, music skills like a bard profession where people could tip. Like the Vulpera’s camp thing, they could make a camping skill or just a camping item. They could make more random small inns across Azeroth for travelers. They could revamp the reputation system, so the cross faction trading is possible. There are so many oppurtunities.

4 Likes

So
 I suggest you repost this thread on Reddit. I believe it would have a much better chance of being seen by the devs, since afaik it’s been confirmed they actually take a look at r/wow every now and then
 and I’m not sure if the same can be said for EU forums. :pensive:

4 Likes

The ability to be left handed wouldn’t hurt (or mirror your character, so everything is done with the opposite side).

4 Likes

Sadly I don’t really use any other form of social media, twitter aside I tried a few times but without any luck. So if you know anyone that would be so kind to repost or link this elsewhere I would be immensely thankful honestly.
As mentioned before, I’d greatly appreciate any kind of help to spread the word a little.
Thanks everyone for keeping it alive. ^^

Edit:

Added that one to the list as well as it very much deserves a spot. Would be a bunch of fun I reckon.

2 Likes

Eyyyup. Out of all the mmo’s I’ve tried, thanks to official rp servers and the plethora of roleplay addons, wow has soooo much potential.
Just none of that really gets used I feel

WoW could easily be THE game for roleplay if it had some support.

3 Likes

Sadly I ain’t got a clue when it comes to social media, never used it for more than browsing a post here or there.
If there’s someone more clue’d up though, go for it. The more exposure the better right?

1 Like

Well on that topic then, is there anyone here who frequents reddit and would be wiling to post about and link the thread there?

Edit: Ended up making one just to see how it goes.

2 Likes

That would make for so many fun groups, I’d welcome it honestly

2 Likes

I really like that idea. Wonder if it’s possible to simply mirror animations so it would be easy to do.

3 Likes

I entirely agree with this. I really love to play that game. And I think it is so well made with really nice graphics. A friend of mine has gotten super far on the game he said.

I wonder if there is some guikdes for when it gets tricky.

2 Likes

Yeah the cozy atmosphere combined with how colorful everything is quite nice. I feel thats closer to what warcraft was cause it made sure to not take itself too serious most of the time.
Wish we could get some more of that in WoW nowadays.

1 Like

Why is there no chair in my Garrison. Why can’t I buy a chair to put in my Garrison. I have a table but no chairs. We can sit in this game so what is the big deal. And why can I not furnish my Garrison put a few trinkets on shelves. It is hardly player housing but it would make the place feel like home. I love my houses in Archeage, well did. Would be homely just to have friends over and let them sit around my table. Friends could visit my Dimension in Rift if I invited them. You could also open your Dimension to let people vote on whether they liked how you built your Dimension. The Garrison is an underused wasted resource and one which exists in game and could give players so much more.

In Archeage I had a printing press and could design art work to put on walls and even emblems for T shirts that I could wear. Just having a small insignia or emblem on your cape as I did in Archeage would be magic. Useful for designing guild emblems and artwork. Also having instanced group locations would let guilds and the like make meeting houses and expand that sense of community. And if trophies could be added to the Garrison guild meeting house then there would be a great sense of pride. In Tera they place statues of champion players so you can admire their efforts.

4 Likes

Not sure if they’re gonna back to polish older content up a little but it would be nice, garrison included. Being stuck there during WoD may have been annoying but now that you’re not forced to do it, I feel its probably one of the most fun bits of side content you can do.
It feels cozy and its nice to have a place in an mmo that feels like it belongs to you and you had the ability to shape.

2 Likes

When I create a new character I generally do the WoD starter to get Garrison. I then have to do the first upgrade so I get the side room with the table and then log there. Just a shame in this game that actually has chairs to sit on you don’t get a couple of chairs. Takes me back to my first years playing where I would actually lie on a bed at the end of the evening and go to sleep. So a bed in Garrison would make you feel like it was an actual home. So a few chairs, a bed and a small shelf unit that lets you put the odd trinket on. And say a picture on the wall. Garrison was a real opportunity lost in truth it held so much promise.

I’m guessing that if they sold the chairs in the WoW shop they may think again. So funny. A twenty quid Garrison upgrade kit
 I would buy that.

4 Likes

I might be wrong in what kind of chair you want. But there is those cushions you can use to sit on. Zafari Lounge Cushion and so on. Those are pretty great I think.

But I will agree that there should be player housing that we can customize to make it our own place.

3 Likes

Placing some furniture and decoration stuff would be nice yeah, would make everything feel a lot more personal truth be told.
As you said, I think the garrison system does actually have a lot of potential, especially because it was their first go at some form of housing that made it ingame
 maybe the pandaria farmstead aside but you didn’t have THAT many options to customize it.