Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

From the look of it, it seems like a randomly selected bunch, but we’ll know more once everyone gets settled in I suppose.
That said I do hope suggestions and other threads like this can find their way there.
It being on US and not EU worries me greatly.

1 Like

Also very much this.

2 Likes

Gotta draw a line ingame too.

Same though

Eyyup. Word of mouth travels fast and makes all the difference for some people about if you can motivate yourself to even log in or not sometimes.
Rp especially needs a certain level of activity otherwise people may feel like there aren’t enough on to have a healthy back and forth with… best example being the rather dry casual rp scene lately in org. The less people show up, the less people are inclined to even join in by calling it ‘dead’.
It’s just a spiral at that point, and very few are willing to make the first step.

1 Like

Super agree with that, the more the merrier… and if areas get to full people usually spread out and it makes for more rp in usually less populated areas which really helps with diversity

Has anyone got into the community council from this thread?

2 Likes

Hi! I will bookmark this thread and read through it!

Will be making a RP forum post soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I echo chamber a few things off myself with a few altposts but as far as I recall, while having applied, I didnt get into it and noone else that replied in the thread has either.

I know there’s a few individuals from AD that made it into the council but I dont know them personally.
If anyone does however, would be nice to reach out to them because since the council forums are on the US side of the forums, none of this will get looked at unless it’s also posted there I reckon.

Appreciate it, hope you enjoy the read through. There’s some decent food for thought inbetween all the posts I think and some genuinely nice insight on the state of rp and what can be done to improve it.
Also thanks for reposting and telling others if you do, it really helps <3

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it, no. Hopefully someone can nudge one of them who’s in it to represent roleplayers about it.

Would likely be able to see if anyone made it by the ‘council’ tag next to their name. Unless that only applies to the US side of the forums and accounts here aren’t flagged as such.

1 Like

I know Kretias from these forums got onto the Council, I don’t know if they RP or not, but at least they now know where to look if they need to see our requests and represent them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually…

Dynja here seems to have made it, would appreciate linking the thread at some point if you’d be so kind. <3

Also we got Halite/Everpyre from Argent Dawn if anyone knows them and would like to reach out.
Someone named Oak who I havent had the pleasure of seeing before.
Marlamin (whomst i dont know if they are from AD but also stand for roleplay changes)
And I think one or two other names I don’t recall as of now.
But RP representation seems strong.

Edit: The relevant post on the US council section can be found here. While some may not be able to post there due to the lvl 10 restriction, you can still upvote however.

6 Likes

I have shared it with my fellow council members, thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am from AD-EU, actually (and SWC-EU many years ago). Just forgot to mention my realm name in my introduction. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey good to see you and thanks for representing the rp side of WoW!
Congratz on making it in by the way ^^

I appreciate it greatly, cheers <3

4 Likes

Thank you both and everyone else for putting a good word in. Hopefully we’ll see some actual feedback and progress when it comes to getting some long overdue additions for roleplayers and some much needed quality of life changes for things like prism rp, height potions, various other toys, and similar.

3 Likes

Really hope we can highlight how much of a boon it would be if anyone regardless of class could access (and maintain) prism-like model swaps for rp.
If that was made easier you’d be able to enjoy playing antagonists and monsters during events and make them far more interesting.

6 Likes

Pretty please :clap:

2 Likes

Would be really helpful, a rework/easier way to prism rp and better moderation.
Theres mention of the lack of regulation on rp servers already so that’s good.
Hopefully they’ll do somethng about that.

3 Likes

Something to point out really, it has so much potential but is so necessarily limited and restrictive.

3 Likes