Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Seems fairly uncomplicated, too (but I’m not a programmer, so I’m just guessing…).

There are already NPCs, and many, if not most of them, have some kind of ‘route’ already, that they pace back and forth.

The only change they need, is to change/extend their paths so they walk over to each other, and little bits of conversation.

“Hey, William.”
“Dughan.”
“When will you have that potion ready for me?”
“Soon.”
“That’s what you said last time.”
“Mhmm. I’m a very busy man, Marshal. People come from all over Elwynn to buy my potions.”
Marshal Dughan looks around, sighs, and returns to his post.

1 Like

even when its nonsensical with some oblivion dialogue that doesnt always match up, its at least lively and fun xD

1 Like

Like those mages(?) in Stormwind discussing some spell, the children chatting about fish, that dwarf and the other guy reminiscing about war stories…

For the smaller outposts, it could be little things that fit the area.

“Man, those vultures look hungry…”
“I saw a spider as big as a wolf!”
“The gnolls keep getting bolder…”

1 Like

These would be fitting in Redridge.

2 Likes

Agreed, would be a good fit. Some npcs go about simple routines, but not a whole lot of them.

Still weirded out that despite how much traction this has gotten, no sign of a bluepost regarding rp here, on the council or otherwise.

2 Likes

They barely reply to anything, it’s useless. (I’m shocked, I said sarcastically)

2 Likes

Let’s not shed our hopes so soon.

Yes, many of the suggestions in this thread should be fairly easy for Bliz to implement.

But considering … everything … I think Blizzard is very focused on making 9.2 as good as they can, and on making 10.0 as good as they can.

Hopefully, somewhere inbetween all that, they might find it in their hearts to give us some of the things we’re asking for.

2 Likes

Oh there’s hope, but being realistic, we’re more likely to remain in the bin.

2 Likes

If 9.2 was as good as they can, there’d not be such complainings all around…

3 Likes

Kinda true to be fair

1 Like

Still unsure if anythings going to be done cause theres been no word on feedback on even the simplest of QoL changes.
To be honest its put me of wow for so long that even if it makes it ingame im hesitant at best about returning cause i found more social / freeform rp elsewhere.

3 Likes

Bumping this every now and then but slowing down with my posts a bit as can probably be seen. I’ve settled elsewhere for rp myself because 9.2 does not provide anything to warrant me coming back but ill try to keep the thread alive as much as i can anyway.

Hopefully the far future for rp will be a little brighter, but that likely won’t be unless some people actually put effort into making roleplay centric servers/their environment truely stand out and offer something to the players as well.

For now i found joy in roleplay communities in other places where the rp takes center stage and everything else supports it and the narrative instead and while surely no place is perfect it’s been a nice breath of fresh air.

I wish everyone the best for them and their characters cause i know It’s incredibly hard to let go, especially if youve spent so much time with them and they represent a part of you, but I’d also like to remind that you shouldn’t have to keep logging in just out of fear of separation because your creations will always be a part of you no matter what and the fond memories you have will stay with you.

3 Likes

Hype seems legitimately dead and likely will be until 10.0 news start to roll in.
It’s kinda sad how wow turned from a place of fond memories and friends to something i cant even boot up anymore without feeling hollow.

2 Likes

The 19th of April annoucment has allot hinging upon it for sure…

2 Likes

I might just be annoyingly optimistic and positive here, but I still find enjoyment in WoW. There’s a lot of content I haven’t yet done (thanks, casualness), and luckily I still meet friends in here, although not as often as before.

That being said, I :100: % understand those who “sit back” and wait for (some of) the changes described in this thread.

As we’ve discussed, several of the suggestions require quite little effort from Actiblizz, and I don’t think we are being unreasonable.

1 Like

Consdering the lack of reply to any big thread about rp on eu or us forums, council forums or social media… I’d say so.
It’s still dead silent so far and unless talk happens behind closed doors with community members (which i doubt), rp is still being overlooked despite having the ability to attract a ton of people from all over due to no mmorpg properly catering to roleplayers in specific.

1 Like

Fingers crossed… hopefully some actually decent news.

2 Likes

One thing came to mind the other day, would be nice if the different stages of the nzoth corruption effect and similar appliers were available to players for rp purposes.
No effect on gameplay, visuals only.

Could have a visual representation that way for being cursed, poisoned, bleeding, or similar by using already existing spell/debuff effects.

3 Likes

Another great idea! And those visuals aren’t used for anything at the moment, are they? So it’s a game asset just rotting away in some nook of our WoW directory.

2 Likes