Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Yupyup, fair few of those have little use other than being bound to a specific spell or debuff effect that rarely appears.
The nzoth corruption stages also got completely removed ever since the gear was made inactive because you as far as I know there’s no way to really rack up corruption and keep it.

These effects just directly apply to any character by changing your color slightly or adding a sort of ‘layer’ on top of you and I reckon you could do a fair bit with them if you utilized it for cosmetic stuff.

2 Likes

Heres another thing or two:

• Give druids the ability to separately go into flight or ground form…
    As it stands they added the nice new cheetah form but unless you level lock yourself so you never learn flying kiss it goodbye cause you won’t be able to use it properly anymore if you do.
    The mount form from the legion book defaults to the stag form.

• Repurpose some fitting existing models for use by warlocks, shamans and druids to diversify the look of forms and companions… especially warlocks and druids spend a majority of time with a certain demon or in a certain form so more customization for that overall would be appreciated cause you may not find something you’re happy with in terms of looks despite liking the gameplay.

• Make it easier to get a hold of RP related consumables/toys and bundle them together in more accessable spots to make it less tedious as mentioned before. RP can tie into gamplay, but gameplay shouldnt take away from rp if people wish to focus on that. It shouldn’t take you browsing wowhead that often just to figure out where to get the most frequently used or basic things.
    (Torches, lanterns, flags, tents, potions for height, tongues potions, inky black, etc.)

13 Likes

Yes please! Nice new ideas there which would help a bunch.

3 Likes

Supporting these as well, nice ones!

1 Like

Hey, nice ideas, but I was wondering about classic RP aspects like vanilla wow had, RPG with realistic design where you would craft ammo for your hunter or brew posions for rogue, or anything similar / specific for every class. Would it be a thing for RP crew out there, like a thing that you would do in order to sustain character. Like some kind of survival/ish mode but not really, just a thing that you gather or obtain or craft to sustain your character in order to do other content.

I was wondering because my way of RPing is to be aware of those realistic design vanilla wow once had, with all professions being realistic and how you needed to have wood and flint in order to start fire for cooking, it was really very immersive especially for low level character where you would need silver to buy that stuff from vendor, it wasn’t cheap, you have to understand that you had to farm cloth and sell on AH just to buy that stuff from vendor. It was really ]big gold / silver management.

Please share your opinion on this part of RPG rather then just socializing with people.

4 Likes

I feel more rpg’y and survival stuff like that could help.
WoW was meant to be darker, needing you to rest every now and then and letting you set up camp and craft torches and such… but that was all ultimately scrapped before launch.

Purely for roleplay and cosmetic value it would be great.
For gameplay you’d have to do a bunch of tweaking to get it into a sweet spot, although the idea of the world being dangerous and you venturing out together and making do with what you have, and making every little hard-fought victory meaningful is something desirable cause it makes people interact not only with each other but with the environment a lot more.
In turn that kind of gameplay makes for memorable stories…

The sad part is that while there’s vast potential, it doesn’t appeal to everyone and even within the rp crowd you got people with a more relaxed or serious approach to character building and how they approach roleplay overall.

2 Likes

Roleplay note, delete Vulpera from the game code… effin yuck…

I don’t think vulpera are the issue at all.
The people that earned them a bad reputation however I could certainly do without…

Part of what’s mentioned above and in the opening post to take more of a stand against against people getting into publicly explicit or deranged things which unfortunately includes a good number of people playing vulpera characters.
Although there is no shortage of elven or draenai characters using the darkmoon seesaw for nefarious reasons.

There’s no official word on anything and I reckon in part it’s because posting about it would mean acknowledging it’s a problem and get unwanted attention from media while wow/blizzard already had a fair few lows recently.

I just hope that people are doing -something- behind the scenes about it because I know a few names from my own server who despite severely illegal conduct are still playing…

5 Likes

After seeing the reveal I’m thoroughly hyped for the new areas, armors, race and overall customization options like the profession inspired gear.

Seeing all the updated models for fan favourites like gnolls and tuskarr is lovely as well.

The one thing I’d especially still like to see in light of model updates for them is an upgrade to the prism mechanic in wow to let people make use of those shiny new ones for rp reasons.
People have been crying out for the ability to get their hands on a few of them and I still firmly believe it would majorly help the rp community out if they were allowed to make use of a wider variety of them and for the previously mentioned unrestricted duration and instead put a restriction on using them in content like raids or pvp where it could have an impact on the game.

With the focus on azeroth and how vast the world is and what is has to offer, I’d appreciate the ability to make it truely feel as large as it is and meet wanderers and people native to far-away regions.

15 Likes

Always been as dream to let people play as natives of whatever place travel rp takes you to. Would make exploring the world in character feel a lot more vibrant and rewarding.

7 Likes

Looooove the new gnoll models. Hope to be able to use them for rp at some point because they are gorgeous and I would love a chaotic band of gnolls to add some chaos to the zones surrounding stormwind.
Could spice things up and add a nice bit of change to the roleplay scene if you could embody more antagonistic characters.

3 Likes

Let us use reflecting prisms on ourself so we can keep our forms! And quadruple the length!

I’d love to RP a wandering Tuskarr.

3 Likes

Tuskarr are great, loved them ever since their first appearance in frozen throne and then when Wrath came out.

To name a few more you’d also get access to things like mantids, centaurs, dryads, gilgoblin, jinyu and ankoan, sethrak, furbolg, ethereals, arakkoa, ogres and half ogres, tol’vir and yaungol and the broken… all of which are races that you have previously worked with or in some way befriended.

And then you got more hostile ones to act as potential villains for rp like eredar, naga, satyr, gnolls, kvaldir, saurok or troggs.

All of which count as humanoid and fall under the ‘stealable appearance’ umbrella.

6 Likes

I’ve RPd a drogbar for a bit, as well as a quilboar.
I know someone who was an ethereal for years.
The tools are there already, they’re just heavy. It’d be nice if they were lightened.

5 Likes

Seen an ethereal roleplayer before once or twice. I like them as a concept to introduce a rogue trader to your rp plot/setting, but they struggled majorly to keep the appearance, having to stop in the middle of writing in order to not risk it running out.
Can’t really be that fun if its that distracting.

4 Likes

Seemingly one of the suggestions made it. According to a post i got linked white and grey items are supposed to be added to transmogs for dragonflight.

There’s still some more that needs doing but i’m gonna count that one as a win. More options to express yourself is always nice and often grey and white items represent looks that are fairly ‘tame’ in comparison to the rarer drops.

8 Likes

That’s great news! Some are pretty decent.

2 Likes

No more raidmarkers during rp events and finally letting people take the form of some mobs to roleplay as them instead. Been hoping for something like that for years.

4 Likes

Don’t forget deleting Vulpera from the game code because no one wants those nasty furries other than the furries thamselves. Yuck…

Not to rain on your parade, but wrong thread and not a good attitude to have either way, move along.

5 Likes