Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Don’t give it attention.

1 Like

I’m just so happy about this!

If they allowed us to mog any armortype on any toon that would be the ultimate joy but this is already so good to cross out of the list!

5 Likes

Great news indeed!

2 Likes

Still hoping for this. The new models for taunka and gnolls they showed off are lovely!

There’s a new Taunka model? Do you perhaps mean Tuskarr?

2 Likes

Oh tuskarr , my bad haha.
I wonder if they ever add taunka customization for tauren now that i think about it, or as OP suggests letting people use prisms better to use their models for rp even if some of the older ones are a little dated in places.
Still nice for variety.

1 Like

Also excited about that new profession stuff. Many, if not all, of the crafting professions could have a “work apron” - could be a kind of tabard or something - unique to that profession. Chef, blacksmith, leatherworker, tailor, alchemist, enchanter, jewelcrafter, engineer, scribe - they could all have their own crafting apron with pockets holding tools of the trade: Pliers, scissors, spoon, uh, etc. :nerd_face:

That way, if you see a player character at an RP marketplace, wearing one of those tabards, you know that person is that specific type of crafter.

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything in terms of roleplay related news?.. Grey/white mogs aside that is.
Not fully up to date in terms of interviews and such they gave out but I haven’t heard anything else noteworthy so far.

Sadly this is about it…

One has to wonder why Blizzard is holding back on those longer beards for humans at this point. It would be an easy addition considering they already have several examples of it already in game.

2 Likes

I heard we would be getting ducks!

3 Likes

Shame honestly but there’s still time. So hopefully they’ll consider some of the QoL changes for rp people suggested in terms of cooldowns and duration and availability of the most commonly used or requested items.

Big features like an rp mode and such have their ups and downsides but I’d argue that if they do little things to improve the health of roleplay and bring people back or make it more attractive for new people to give it a try then realms should look a little more lively again anyway.

One thing I did read up on was (unless it changed already) that you’re going to have to accept a code of conduct agreement in a way that basically underlines you shouldnt harass other people in immoral or hurtful ways and be a douche…
I am hoping that is actually going to be enforced a little more and means that people that do rp can feel a little safer, and likewise that people that do use rp servers and are purely disruptive, portray characters that are blatantly racist or immoral or pester you for sexual stuff get a virtual boot and one way ticket out of azeroth.

8 Likes

They didn’t clarify anything about that I think, but I hope that includes rp misconduct as well. Seen to much messed up stuff that’s gone unpunished.

2 Likes

Much agreed, hopefully it’s a do and not just tell.
Actions speak louder than words.

1 Like

I got an atmosphere for ya. No better roleplay initiative than my last few lines.

General discussion. and Freedoms of speech. The most recent addition of popularism votes to remove said freedoms.

Us and EU forum access and freedoms of expression.

I can not close tickets from a User perspective. This prevents me from correctly submitting additional active roles. Your brazen lackluster approach and malcontent to providing appropriate support is indeed palpable. This is nothing more than subversive methods, not classical I might add, to diminish expectations and general player wealth of income, gamers and the passing of knowledge through interaction.

May I also take this opportunity to remind you of your obligations on a whole. For I the account holder, fully appreciate the journey and the cost thereof. With fearlessness of knowledge. for the next child.

Attendant to Tyrone O’sullivan.

Suspension. For my freedom of speech.
Respect does not make history. For now I am tossing my coin to The Witcher.

DEAR GAMER,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your support. We really appreciate that you have decided to spend your hard-earned money on our game and hope that you will have a fun time playing it.

That and looking at moderation alone would probably help a lot.
Let players get easy access to rp items on rp servers, add and change a couple of them to be more user friendly and add some functionality where applicable and then look into making things a little more civil and suitable for the kind of players that actually put in the hours to keep the roleplay afloat.

Should’t have to use so many workarounds to get the desired rp related effects, shouldn’t have to deal with artificial cooldown/duration problems for them either.
I’ll happily pay a bunch of gold for permanent proper versions.

On the flipside, shouldn’t have to deal with harassment and blatant ToS violations when you just want to hang out and enjoy a casual roleplay atmosphere either.

6 Likes

I am pretty hyped for the prepatch myself… hopefully they’ll be able to announce something else by then that helps roleplayers.

3 Likes

Hopetrain is still going. There’s still time and hopefully some people can chime in to spread awareness till then.

2 Likes

Giving this a bump. Maybe for prepatch if not for 9.2.5

2 Likes

Right now the big unknown seems to be the 9.2.5 tirisfal stuff and the stables in the capitals. I would hope for some more functionality for roleplay though.

2 Likes

Maybe something interesting, but I agree. Regardless of what it adds, I still want them to address the state of roleplay servers/the rp community in some way which they as far as I know still haven’t done.
Call me entitled but I think the amount of people wanting some communication really warrants a reply.

1 Like