Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Now that we are going to get cross-faction gameplay, I wish the language restrictions would also be removed between the Alliance and the Horde. We wouldn’t need to use Elixir of Tongues that way.

Now that people will be allowed to play with other people cross-faction, I don’t think the faction-based toxicity will be an issue, even in PvP. If you play as an Alliance player against another Alliance player, you will both understand each other anyway.

2 Likes

I can’t see the grey and white item mogs on the list.
I hope we will still get them.

3 Likes

Ah that’s a big shame… not sure if that’s an oversight or a time issue so it didn’t make it in time.
Either way I hope they communicate a little more before the prepatch rolls out after that as there’s still a lot of questions left unanswered when it comes to all the feedback from roleplayers both in and outside the council.

2 Likes

You’d hope so… but who knows.
Communication hasn’t exactly been a strongpoint for a while.

^ That.
I guess they’re trying now but it seems to be a dripfeed here and there, there’s still no open discussion or back and forth.

Unless you know someone that knows someone, have luck to get one of your posts noticed on social media (which is unlikely) or are a big influencer/streamer of sorts it’s kinda tough luck when it comes to getting heard I feel.

There’s no answers to the rp wishes/requests people mentioned before so we dont know if thats going anywhere or is even being considered despite some things being easy to implement like the item changes people wanted and we don’t know either if the social contract means there’s actually going to be a little more moderation cause there are certain players that have and actively do break ToS and make WoW and life overall miserable for anyone that interacts with them.
In some cases that’s toxicity and overall harmful bevahiour , in other cases it’s people that have legitimately been exposed and proven to be trying to groom underage players in and outside of the game or similar actions.

If you want people to stay and enjoy the game then it has to be improved upon because ‘just ignore it’ or ‘grow thicker skin’ shouldn’t be the default answer to some legitimately worrying issues.

4 Likes

Fond of the idea of a mentor system for people that have built a good reputation and trust over time and actively help out by hosting events or provide helpful information for people trying to get into rp and have questions.
Would be nice if some people could that way earn some minor dm/gm powers to help with rp events, maybe in the form of being able to create a phase and place effects, scenery or such things.

Or they could just hand people what they asked for like making toys and rp items actually useful.

3 Likes

Dark Ranger customizations are here:

Grey and white mogs are not included, unfortunately. I have checked a vendor.

2 Likes

I hope that the Dark Rangers will be recruited to the Alliance just like the Ebons and the Ren’dorei soon because the current RP situation regarding them is rather chaotic at the moment. Right now, they are more NPCs than PCs.

2 Likes

I heard dark rangers on alliance are causing some stirr IC already for better or worse.
Much like the initial reaction to void elves and others before that with a clear anti-movement… but it’ll die down and fit in time.
Either cause people forget or find something new to bash.

1 Like

The problem with Dark Rangers is that they have not been accepted into the Alliance yet. The Ebons and the Ren’dorei had the Crown’s permission to enter Alliance territories but Dark Rangers don’t have it yet. The storyline contains a hint that Tyrande might take them but it hasn’t happened yet.

By the way: has anyone else started to roll low level alts to gather grey and white mogs? I have already rolled two. I want to get them to 20-25 so they would be ready when the feature hits. I might be optimistic about this but I would like to believe that Blizzard will keep their word on this one.

2 Likes

True, reckon itll stay like that because there’s no actual clarification yet where they stand as they’ve not been fully established yet.
So it’ll be something people will argue over until then unfortunately.

Regarding (former?) Dark Rangers and their acceptance into the Alliance, the heroes of Azeroth have long traditions of teaming up with former enemies if it benefits the greater good.

I wouldn’t expect a Dark Ranger to stroll around in Stormwind without a handful of guards around them,
but if they have a compelling reason for their presence
(i.e. “Guard Captain Joseph requested my aid in tracking down a suspected terrorist”),
I see no problem with it.

We will see what the official lore decides to do with them,
when/if that happens…

2 Likes

So long story short… we’re still waiting on any bluepost or any other form of reply addressing anything but grey/white mogs when it comes to roleplay stuff… which is also something that’s pretty much for all players and not really a targeted improvement.

2 Likes

I’m inspecting and hoarding all grey and white items I come across in anticipation!

5 Likes

I fear it will be armor type only, so I’m only gathering plate now. I really wish they removed armor class restrictions on all mogs but I’ll be happy with the grey/white mogs anyway when we get them.

I haven’t touched the low level vendors yet, nor have I visited the vendor in Old Hillsbrad instance recently, those are still on the list.

I’m done with the levelling of a worgen warrior to the point of Ruth’eran village, now switching over to my human warrior alt. Sadly, a lot of race specific starting gear has been removed. At least human and worgen is still available.

Update: I’ve done some shopping and, unfortunately, most of the low level vendor gear is mail, not plate. Warriors and Paladins used to wear mail as a starting gear so if the transmogs are going to be armor type locked then unforunately, we won’t be able to mog most of low level grey and white items. We still have an arsenal of weapons though. I’ve managed to fill two and a half 32-slot bags and I have just started the hoarding.

Edit: if they could make grey and white items cosmetics so everyone would be able to equip them, that would be awesome!

4 Likes

A lot of the white items acquired on low level alts are soulbound. I’m fairly sure that back in the day white items were not soulbound. I cannot even send those items over to my bank alt and delete the lowbies until we can mog the grey and white items. It’s a shame that those items are character locked and cannot be sent over to mains to use them for RP purposes. At least they could be Bind on Account, not Soulbound. Hopefully, if we can mog them, they will be available on mains with the same armor class at least.

4 Likes

Whites and greys used to be nonbound, only green and up started to be in some cases if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Also hoping they add more armor customization to dracthyr as so far the only thing we know is that regular items dont show but tabards or something along those line

2 Likes

Pretty sure they used to be unbound, yes. Not sure when that changed though.
Either way I hope to see more work done on roleplay because so many servers are literally dead.

3 Likes

I don’t know / remember if this has been “up” before, but after they made it possible to transmog shoulder pieces individually (left and right), I thought that might be cool for gloves, too.

I like my armor pieces to reflect the character (/class), and sometimes, more is more :nerd_face:

2 Likes