RP realm with healthy Horde population

Heya there.

So i am thinking of starting over on a new RP realm or at least have it as my part time playground.

Have been walking around in Arged Dawn which sats full, but it feels like its mostly Alliance walking around Stormwind.

What i am looking for may not even exist, but what i am looking for is a RP realm with good amount of Horde players who do not purely consist of Sin’Dorei walking around Silvermoon.

Any suggestions?

Huh… That might be difficult, since RP’rs LOVE the Sin’dorei…

This guy (or gal) is might be on an RP server, judging by how he or she mentioned RP sessions in the Stonetalon Mountains, and posted from a tauren character. Maybe his or her realm has more than Blood Elf roleplayers?

1 Like

Been awhile since I was truly and properly connected with the goings on regarding RP, but Argent Dawn have their own website I believe and at least back when I used to play, there were several guilds that were not at all BElf centric. It’s possible you might be missing the hangout spots, not to mention, maybe something big is going on. I play Ally pretty exclusively and almost always have, but I’ve tried a couple of times where I went “everything is so empty!” then I realized that some giant event was going on.
That said, having done a bit of RP on and off since BC until WoD on Horde, it were harder to find than on Ally, I tried several realms as well.

1 Like

From my time on AD there is a healthy horde presence there but as for the RP side of things I am not sure .

You could look around here

and

That might help you ,far as my reading goes there is another set of RP realms connected

Here

Good luck on finding a home .

1 Like

Hmm… Seems to be Argent Dawn there… Maybe i just take my old character there from mothballs and go do a litle walkabout there to see stuff… She is Sin’Dorei though. I used to love them too but now im mostly Troll or Forsaken :smiley:

I started playing on the Sha’tar back on the day when WOTLK was going on. There was much activity back then. Could meet people all over the world and once even saw very impressive looking Dwarven army marching through Loch Modan. I was Sin’Dorei back then so i hid :smiley:

Thank for the reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Horde is outnumbered on AD but it is still your best bet nonetheless. RP on AD for Horde consists of walk-up RP in some hubs, most famously the Valley of Honour in Orgrimmar. Most of the other RP takes place during campaigns, the rest (and the majority) is Guild RP. Expect that joining a Guild might be necessary, depending on what kind of character you wish to RP.

Orientate yourself well, and I am sure the AD subforum, #argent-dawn can help with that.

2 Likes

Been quite empty today on Hillsbrad/Trisfal&Silverpine and Undercity particularly as i am interested to see some Forsaken action too… Then again who knows where are they boiling their concoctions :slight_smile:

Do people soloRP in Warcraft too? Like for example i play in Skyrim being in character the whole time. I try to do that in Warcraft too because it makes everything so much more fun :slight_smile:

Anyways… The couple of hours investigating Horde side on AD have been hard in a sense… Been feeling this urge to just log out and go back to Sha’tar. I guess it has been my home for so long i dont find it easy to move away. Same with Moonglade where my Alliance toons reside.

Naturally there is also that issue with names. None of my favorites are available :smiley:

1 Like

What I tend to notice with Argent Dawn is the horde side are really spread out with their hubs .
Though alliance outnumber them .
BloodHoof Village and the Tauren areas upto and including stonetalon mountains since Undercity was destroyed so they now inhabit outside Tirisfall and find pockets of them all around Northern Eastern kingdoms.
I think its The Rotgarde being predominant forsaken guild .
Weirdly though The Alliance RP guilds have moved into Drustvar in BFA, The Horde haven’t so much moved into Zandalar.

1 Like

Aye not going to find many horde walking around Stormwind :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I tried to fish there once with undead character. It went well until i was slain by a Paladin… Guess those fishies needed some protection XD

1 Like

Thats what Ive found too. Other then Silvermoon City it seems like most Horde RPers are more likely to be found free range and in the wilds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been a while since I was on AD, but not too long ago I heard that Rotgarde is still active (Forsaken RP guild). It used to be quite large and active.

There are Troll RP guilds, who is mostly active around Troll-native locations/hubs

And There USED to be some Tauren guilds about too.

It’s nothing like BC though, where Horde RP thrived. Then it was on the Horde side all the RP was :stuck_out_tongue:

I would go post on the Argent Dawn forums, and see what you can find there ^^

1 Like

Definetely Argent Dawn.
There has been an exodus from Alliance to Horde because of burning of Teldrassil.

Most Horde RP is within guilds, just go ask around for what ya like.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely, this is a case of “lesser of the 2 evils”, I might exagerate here but only slightly when I say argent dawn is so big the minority faction (horde) will still beat almost all other RP realms in population, however you might also take a look into ravenholdt\defias etc., all that connected realm group: horde statistics say it should have like 33% higher horde population than argent dawn, ally population is similar to horde on that realm, and it’s the 2nd biggest RP realm.

However for your purpose which is roleplaying, if you’re not talking about joining a guild, raiding mythic or using AH etc., then the realm is not gonna make a difference because they’re all CRZ with each other.

1 Like

CRZ is really awkward for me. I mean one day i can see someone and then never again and that sort of thing. I would rather just merge the realms as one big community but that would also bring issues. Most prominentlu with characters and their names. Especially with the fact that WOW still cant hanfle complicated names like surnames and apostrophies and such.

I think i just think about iut and venture on Sha’tar until i manage to make decicisions. At least i have my characters in both Moonglade and The Sha’tar. and they are in the same group too.

CRZ and Sharding as far as I know do not effect RP realms as they are under different rule sets then the normal servers because of events .

post edited

which was later updated to all zones apart from Current BFA ones

Blizzard

Over the last couple of years, we’ve begun using some new technology we’ve occasionally referred to as “sharding” in non-instanced zones, which separates players in high-traffic areas out into separate “shards” of a particular zone. The benefit to our server performance has been massive - it was a huge part of why Legion’s launch went so smoothly - and so, as a whole, we’ve been very happy with the system.

The one exception has been on RP realms, where player-run events are much more common. On RP realms, we believe that the overall loss to game performance is worth it in order to support those events. If players on RP realms choose to organize an event and congregate somewhere, and have a laggy experience as a result, that’s their choice, and we’d like to allow them as much freedom to do so as possible.

So, we’ve recently applied a hotfix that should disable realm sharding in the vast majority of the outdoor world on RP realms. That includes Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, Pandaria, Outland, Draenor, and all related sub-zones.

Same is said about CRZ unless people are inviteing people to your realm .

As always accuse me of lying but Brewny but you know google can help you sometimes .

Post deleted

No it was done for all RP servers world wide I would not have linked it otherwise.