Ruination and Infernal Bolt are broken

Destruction warlock spells from Diabolist tree - Ruination and Infernal Bolt - are interruptable now. Noticed that tonight. They were protected since start of TWW. You could check it in any recent diabolist gameplay video on YT. Is it a bug? I didn’t see any announcement about this in recent patchnotes.

1 Like

are u sure they were protected and u didnt just press unending resolve on them?

Yep, I’m sure. I’ve re-checked this by watching other diabolist videos on YT and my own recorded gameplay videos.

1 Like

Stealth nerf.
I noticed that Before patch I could cast it when my shadow/Shadow flame was locked, but now from certain interrupts/silences it completely locks me out of Diabolist spells, while before I could cast them being silenced.

1 Like

They nerfed it without a word. Just checked it.

They obviously dont want to play this class.

1 Like

“We rather you don’t play warlock” © Ion Hazzikostas

2 Likes

Sadly. It is quite ctitical for this hardcasting spec to be viable in PvP. When you get proc of these key spells and cannot cast them immediately it’s silly.

3 Likes

Question to Class designers why Infernal bolt and Ruination is not an insta cast spells in the first place?
Like I cast all my spells in order to perform the Diabolist ritual and I’m rewarded by the spells that has low duration and had to be casted… like SERIOSLY?

2 Likes

I just checked, both are interruptible. I’m really TIRED of them making changes like this without even writing it, and I use the term TIRED because I’m being polite.

Already in beta without saying anything they had eliminated the fact that Ruination could be cast on the move, now despite incredibly low damage despite the name and the time it takes to obtain and cast it, they also make it counterable

If they want to make us stop wanting to play warlock, they should say so openly so I’ll close the account and play something else. Do I have to spend 12.99 Eur every month to get angry every week?

1 Like

Among other things, I could understand if Ruination had very high damage like before, but in PvP on the primary target if it does 700k it’s already a lot. A proc that requires 3 greaters demons and therefore several seconds, which does much less damage than a spammable ice lance instant.

The name “Ruination” itself should explain by itself that the spell is very powerful, and yet… On Infernal Bolt: during the beta the cast was too fast and many Pvers said it was a problem because they made the rotation “strange” for a global CD talk. There were therefore two possibilities: either make the spell instant, or increase its cast time. Obviously they could only choose the second possibility.

This silent nerf to the two spells that become interruptible really pissed me off…

2 Likes

You wanna see how badly Blizz treats locks?
There is a theme on the forum where mages stated that their ability is bugged. And next day Blizz has snowed up and gave an answer.

Where our(warlock) topics with bugs left unnoticed by any moderator or dev.

In our case our very core defense mechanism is broken.
Not only Several demons who does a single target damage doesn’t give you a soul leech shields. But All single target spells and demons from Hero talents doesn’t work with Soul leech as well. And on top of that the very Wither - A hellcaster replacement for corruption/immolate doesn’t gove you shields as soon as you pick a Hellcaster hero talents… Blizzard’s priorities has been shown.

4 Likes

I dont believe it s priorities. They just dont have enough competent people to fix things. So some classes are neglected. Blizzard in recent years made lots of diversity hires in the expense of qualified ones and this is the result. Some classes will suffer, because actually the game needed some gay love between centaurs to show.

Because unlike mages WE don’t have a class designer or people in the Class Design team who are invested in the class.
Mages have those people - We don’t. This is blizz priorities.

Well, now I can’t play Hellcaller because of broken Soul Leech not stacking from Wither which is 30-50% of my total damage output. And I can’t even play Diabolist cause of broken/nerfed Ruination and Infernal Bolt interruptable casts (and doesn’t count for Soul Leech too). I am so depressed.

Upd:
Today patchnotes:

• Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Ruination and Infernal Bolt could not be interrupted.

So, these protected spells were an “issue” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg, those degenerates doesn’t even fraking understand that Ruination is a chaos magic.
Interrupting Ruination locks warlock out the shadow magic as well, We already have Hand of Gul’dan that is shadow flame and as combined school of magic, that locks you of everything if you were interrupted…

Blizzard where the frak is the fixes for Soul leech?
Where is improvements for Demonology demons and their casts? Where is fix for the Tyrant AI?