>>>RULING: Revealing the position of same-faction players, to opposite faction

Can we have a ruling on players who:

• are in Alliance (for the purpose of this example, but applies vice-versa)
  • reveal the position of another Alliance player to Horde players to have him killed
  • do so not just once, but in loop, continuously. Getting the Alliance player ganked unfairly because his position is unfairly revealed cross-faction (degrading that Alliance player gaming experience)
  • do so in order to get an in-game advantage over that Alliance player.

One would argue a “PvP solution”, with the game mechanics, means being able to keep your localisation on the map unknown when you are not in sight. And as such having your own position revealed cross faction is threatening the essence of the PvP gameplay mechanics.

Here is my suggestion of what rules are violated, but please opine:
(from Blizzard website itself: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/42673 )

• “[…] win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.”

• “[…] engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.”

PS: can someone with a level 10 character on US servers copy-paste this post on US forums please? Just in case Blizzard pays more attention to the US forums. Here is the link:

Thanks

5 Likes

They really should address this issue as it is abhorrent like that video that is going about where the warrior is 1v2 hunter and a rogue. He almost kills both of them with multiple of the colluding same faction just standing about watching them fight they then proceed to mind control them and heal them back to full health resulting in warrior losing a fight he would have otherwise won if nothing is being done against this I have to actually question why I am even paying to play this game when blizzard only enforces it’s own rules when it suits them.

I think if I see someone on this mount they deserve a /spit unless they can prove otherwise they have earned it legit thats if I decide to even continue my subscription

2 Likes

That feeling of betrayal from Blizzard letting Alliance players communicate the position of other Alliance players to the opposite faction in order to have them ganked continuously may very well end-up in people taking the opportunity that it is August to terminate their subscription and enjoy their summer.

2 Likes

It’s not against the rules.

1 Like

It actually is if you read the rules

Cross faction communication?

When was that made acceptable?

1 Like

Please show me how they do it and where it is against the rules.

Inside the game, there are languages both factions can understand. But aren’t these people using communications outside the game?

You gotta forbid discord being used while playing this game then

There is a reason for cross faction communication was removed from the ToS.

Its because it was impossible to get solid proof that it happens due to all the outside of game communication programs that exist.

Back in vanilla we used IRC to talk with the other faction, very much like discord most servers had a IRC channel, however it wasnt as widely known, so they usually only consisted of player from the top guilds on a server.

Very much like discord, it was mostly used for ranting about other players, and hire merchenaries on the other faction to gank people who got the loot you wanted.

This from cheating section

engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating

And also this entire section

Behaviour

Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable, and will result in penalties to your account

If mind controlling an enemy to heal him up so he can kill your ally isn’t greifing or throwing then what is?

Thats just your intrepetation of the rules, i can take a few lines from the ToS as well, and bend them to make a completely fine activity look like its against the rules. Cause the ToS is vague.

The part with cross faction communication was in fact removed from the ToS.

Its unethical, but there is no clear rule about it being against the rules, and its because its impossible to get any evidence since it all happens outside of the game, its not illegal to not kill a player of the other faction, its not illegal to MC someone to heal them and screw over your friendly faction, its just lame and might get social reprecussions.
If you kill someone from a big guild, you may end up starting a war that you dont want, cause it will slow down your own progress towards the scarab lord quest.

For all blizz knows, its just a guild that hate some other guilds and went to war against them. Are they to punish everyone that have a vendetta against a guild?

There is also a pvp solution to this problem, but if you cant gather a strong enough force to deal with it, you have lost and there is nothing you can do but leave.

Sorry but I don’t see it myself, how is what is being done contravene those rules?

I agree the TOS is pretty vague which is why blizzard should publicly address this but you are wrong there is no PvP solution.

if the enemy are getting mind control and healed back upto full from your own faction griefing you there is nothing you can do and griefing your own faction is bannable when for example run up and taunt a world boss to wipe your own faction this does get players banned.

what is the difference doing that to prevent your faction killing a world boss and doing it to prevent your faction winning PvP fights they even on purpose kill you if you get mind controlled. why action one account for griefing but not the other. I’m not talking about the guys who refuse to attack I’m talking about the mc and killing your own

this is so vague and subjective that it’s impossible to enforce though.

You don’t get banned wiping your same faction on world bosses either. Never saw someone catch a ban for running in and taunting then facing the boss towards the raid or purposefully dying with low level alts on Emeriss to create a mushroom forest. Blizzard has traditionally been extremely hands off when it comes to policing pretty much anything on a pvp server.

Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

I’d say a lvl 60 rogue camping a lvl 25 in Redridge for 8 hours would qualify but Blizzard do not ban the rogue. The only thing I’d say they’ve been reasonably consistent with is scamming.

https:// blue.mmo-champion. com /topic/17236-lord-kazzak-griefing-policy-5-5-2005/

Blue post on matter in vanilla and yes there was someone on Reddit who posted few months back saying that he had a received a ban and got roasted so he deleted his comments

Of course there is a pvp option, and it is to bring more people so you can kill the enemies before they can mc and heal back up. No you wont be able to 1v1 someone in that scenario, but bring more people and nuke them.
If you bring more people, you can take over the hive, there wont be 40 priests syncronized to mc 40 players to heal them. If you keep fighting them and winning, they will give up eventually

Do not miss the point of this post.

The post is asking a ruling on the fact of revealing the position of your own faction to the opposite faction to have them killed in loop.

Wether this can be “proven” or not is beyond the point of this post. We first need to know whether this is against, or not against, the rules. “How to prove it” is a different question, that it not the question of this post.

One would argue a “PvP solution” means being able to keep your localisation unknown when you are not visible. And as such having your own position revealed cross faction is threatening the essence of the PvP gameplay

In Classic WoW, which language is that exactly?

Dont think anyone have a issue with wanting clarity on this matter, but rather with the people pulling out a few vague parts of the ToS and claiming it covers this issue.

But in my opinion, the fact that blizzard made a post about collusion on the green shard quest, and not mention silithus with a single word, says quite a lot what their stance on the matter is.