Sad community

So I joined late to the party, and played classic on and off, this is my main char and I don’t have alts. As you can see, I’m still leveling.

I just came here to share my utter dissapointment with the alliance community of Zandalar tribe, griefieng people at various flight points, in orgrimmar, and running you down and camping corpse. Of course, they’re all max levels and anybody who’s not just run away from me or pretend they don’t see me.

Combine that with sometimes the fact I have quests that involves mobs people want to farm for certain drops, and you get the combo where I need to litteraly wait for them to be done before I can start to play the game.

It just feels terrible and not fun at all. I’m all for wpvp and love it, and when the few times an alliance player even in orange attacked me I was happy. I don’t mind diing to those. Being outleveled a bit is part of the game. getting oneshot without any chance of retalation doesn’t feel like it.

But sometimes you get session like tonight, where I have died 3 times in few mins, ress and log off because I was sick of it, logs back in an hour later and i’m actually dead. Then i’m killed twice again. I decide to go to orgrimmar and check the AH and mail to make some gold, and while handing a quest in the drag I get killed. I then go to ratchet and get killed there.

I can’t even take the ratchet ship. It’s full of rogues everytime. Once there was a rogue at 3 am 30 camping there. They wait the ship leaves, and kills you there. The flightpoint of booty bay was atroicous, the inn a slaughter fest. And it’s all alliance players. Over and over and over.

There is no honor involved, no real fights, it’s just plain and siomply griefing.

And what makes me sad is also the lack of answer of the horde side of the realm. I just checked online, we’re not THAT outnumbered yet it seems the horde playerbase doesn’t react much to those constant agressions. In the open world I see none of them.

Is the data outdated? because it feels like a 1 to 3 ratio. I very rarely see horde people, but constantly stumble up alliance players.

So yeah, hate the alliance mentality but also the lack of pride from the horde side. Even outnumbered, you should still try to do something. If i were max level and got some gear, I’d be trying to help my faction.

Seems like people are more interested in efficiency management and abusing level and gear gap than real actions.

The game is decent, feels good to be on an old rpg, many perks I like as a big oblivion fan and player, but the people make the experience worse.

oh and besides max alliance players I see no one, impossible to find any groups for dungeons, the world feels insanely empty. I can’t do elite quests and have to skip a lot of dungeon quests too because finding people is mission impossible.

5 Likes

You are late to the party most players are already maxed next patch will be last until tbc.

corpse ganking it’s part of a PvP server, is it lame yep but both factions are just as guilty.

you should be glad you never leveled during phase 2 where majority faction was ganking players in 40 man raid groups slaughtering them Iike cattle over and over.

Pve servers are the place to be in classic for newer players it’s sad to say but true and I play on a PvP server there is no honor in classic wpvp.

There is nothing that blizzard will do to help you im afraid they even don’t ban players who colluded with opposite faction during aq opening nothing more sad than seeing your own faction mind control/poly someone your fighting to heal them back up so they can kill you with the opposite faction ignoring guild they made a deal with so you die and they don’t lift a finger to help

I totally agree with you the game feels dead outside of max level raids.

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, I shared that post with my guildies and they said the same on discord, at least I’m feeling now it’s not my fault but more of a broader issue.

Funny note, as I was typing this post, i got killed in gadgetzan inn.

I wanted to be on a pvp realm because it felt to me like this is how the game should be played, contested territories should be just that, contested.

oh and my guildies just let me know we’re actually 60-40 alliance favored on my realm… so yeah, not that surprised here

1 Like

Yeah I can’t wait for tbc but I am actually regretting rolling on a PvP server don’t get me wrong I love PvP and I had good memories of world PvP in vanilla but classic is not vanilla and tbc classic won’t be tbc. It’s not a new adventure everything meta is known and I expect leveling in hellfire to be a nightmare outside of dungeons where guilds collision to control areas it’s a shame really min maxed the fun right out of it.

The old blizzard would have took action and fixed the problems but Activision blizzard won’t lift a finger until it effects their bottom line or if it’s very minor and little effort to fix

4 Likes

You see on my server it’s the opposite with Horde waiting in SW trying to dispel and constantly ganking any Alliance in Booty Bay normally 5 to 1 abusing roofs and safe spots and also at the entrance to AQ40 at this stage in the game the only form of “wpvp” is trying to remove world buffs from other players.

1 Like

Yeah, PvP is a terrible server format in today’s gaming climate. If I weren’t on ZT Alliance and relatively safe in numbers for that, I’d absolutely reroll/migrate to PvE realm.

It all depends on what faction is dominant on that server. I’m on Bloodfang, which has a bunch of Alliance players who seem to think that griefing is their day job.

On Firemaw, it was more like 50/50. The server had more Horde than Alliance, but both factions were constantly griefing each other.

Some servers even have people griefing their own faction by hopping on their opposite faction alts which they bought a 2nd account for

What the hell is wrong with these people?

This is the exact reason I do not roll on a PvP realm. Your gaming fun is at the mecy of others.
This is my main toon, yes at level 38! I am just a very slow leverller, enjoying the ride, levelling alts, some of which are even doing Ironman Challenge Classic version.
I do “only” suffer form the overpopulation of the Normal/ RP realms, not being killed all the time. Said overpopulation can be bad enough - indirectly killing me through ginormously fast respawn rates. But I can play and have fun. In short, reroll on a normal or RP reaml :wink:

You said it yourself, you are late to the party expecting people to play same way you do, despite coming to the party in time.
Also, you picked wrong server type.

Tl;dr : PvP happened on a PvP server

3 Likes

pvp will always happen on pvp server anyway.

2 Likes

if someone drives at 200km/h in front of a school in a city would that be okay? cuz hes driving on the road where people are supposed to drive.

i also talked about lack of people in the open world and dungeons.

so keep your tldr for you if you cant really understand a post

Does the law says its fine to drive at 200 km/h in front of a school in a city? It doesn’t.

Is PvP fine on a PvP server? It is and you went on it by your own.

Save your whining and transfer to a PvE server. This is something that we all knew it would happen and you gave your consent by coming on it by your own will.

Also you’ve spent your cobblestone of a post crying about how you are getting victimized and how no one is helping you, with the last 3 lines talking about dungeons, no need for bad faith.

Hence, Tl;dr : PvP happened on a PvP server.

2 Likes

there are also bots in this game and blizzard takes no action while it’s cheating, your point using the law instead of considering by yourself whats decent to do or not? right, there is none, especially when you can report players both for cheating and griefing.

there is no bad faith involved, you’re just trying to minimize the fact your input was meaningless by just judging length of words. Not that i’m a genius and that my words are extremly profound or philosophical, but there are few lines of texts that have given birth to centuries long debates.

Still failing to see why you’re posting here, you just seem to prefer to ignore what someone has to say, put words in his mouth and force your skewed and wrong views on others. if you’re so full of yourself, just remain alone, i came here to share a feedback it seems is widely shared accross several servers whenever a faction imbalance occurs.

At this point I’m not sure if you are doing it on purpose or if you are not able to use baseline logic.

If I follow your logic, cheating should be fine because Blizzard is not acting against it despite being against the ToS?
You are saying that something should or should not be allowed based on the consequences, that’s like saying murder is fine if you don’t get caught, or if the cops can be bribed.

You on the other hand, went by your own will on a PvP server, where this kind of action was known to happen for 15+ years now, and yet thought it was appropriate to write a touching story about your bullying, just like God knowns how many butthurt guys before you.

Again, if you don’t like pvp action, don’t play on a pvp server.

Sure man, i’ll let you talk to yourself since you like it so much. Have a nice day.

Well, they ARE contesting you, aren’t they? You sound like “they should contest it, but in a fair/chivalrous way”. That’s not how PvP works on PvP servers. It’s unrestrained PvP on both sides, and ppl are free to do w/e the heck they want.

yes, contested territories where both side aim at the same quest mob so it implies they’re roughly on par level wise.

PvP means player versus player. When a rogue oneshots you in a neutral town at a flightpoint because he is 30 levels above you and you can’t even tell he was there that’s PvE because there is no possibility of retaliation what so ever.

I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand about this. It’s fine occasional max level players go to farm in some areas. If i were meeting them from time to time it’d be okay to die, cuz yeah, it’s the game. I’m aware of that. Could you guys stop being so condescending and put words in people mouth?

i never meet anyone else. So the feeling comes from a combined issue of lack of actions because I want to PvP but i can’t cuz there is no one to gank. i’m fairly aggressive and gank anyone on sight, heck once I ganked 2 players and died just because I want to play the goddam game. I wanted to see if I could 1V2 as a warlock but i failed. No biggie, i’ll just get better, or maybe at max level with a proper pvp spec

But no, it happens almost never. I can barely find any ennemy to kill, an encounter is once in a blue moon, and no ally to dungeon with. Nobody to party with to do quests because alliance is here and we’re here to teach them a lesson and show them it’s our quest mobs!

It’s just a boring max level bashing over and over. And nothing happens in between.

Several threads complaining about dead world, botting, and boosting, so as a result the PvP is dead. Max level bashing is part of the pvp i agree, but when it becomes the ONLY experience you get, and at that rate (several times per gaming session), in rested areas such as inns or coming off the fly, then stop trying to justify it as being a normal pvp server experience. it’s not.

heck, as i said, even that could happen IF the rest of the pvp was happening as one could have hoped for. but since it doesnt, it just feels like a terrible place to be.

And no, i wont change server. I’m still leveling, will reach max, will get somle gear, and will get revenge. Adding people to KoS list. Can’t wait.

1 Like

I don’t blame you but that adds to the fire, for all you know some alliance was ganked over and over again and thought the same thing as you and now just ganks everyone he comes accross the same way he was.

But I am with you, when I was leveling and killed by a 60 oncce, fine it’s a PvP server it happens, but when the corpse camp for no reason and clearly get nothing from it then it does seem a little pointless!