Safe Haven Thrall Cinematic

“With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”
“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

I mean, its highly probable they are just spouting their usual tongue in cheek speech. But…people can always hold on to wistful thinking.

I don’t know what to tell you man. If this was a popularity contest then yeah, I guess the contestant with less support would lose to the contestant with more support.

But this isn’t a popularity contest. They are trying to sell us the Mists of Pandaria storyline all over again while assuring us that’s totally not what’s happening. Even as the same story unfolds before us.

Well i’m sure there’s still a few scourge fans there’ll agree with her choices.

I would rather rejoin the Scourge than work for Sylvanas…….

I liked the cinematic, but the moment Saurfang told Thrall he was following the Forsaken assassins, I thought they were pushing it further to remind us that, “Sylvanas is the bad guy.” Which, well. I have mixed feelings about. I don’t like her character either, but I think the majority of us has gotten the point.

On the other hand, another beautiful cinematic! I became so cheerful when I saw Thrall, 10/10 Lok’tar Ogars :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

5 Likes

I believe what you say about MoP the lore will defavorize again half of horde players,but there will bee only one end at the beginning,maybe they will make another cinema with the end of Expansion,so whatever happens it can’t bee 2 different ends,i duno what will bee the end,bu i already don’t like how the lore goes forward.

You mean with her decision to antagonize Thrall by sending the worse assassins ever for absolutely no reason at all?

Nice topic Araphant.

The sad part is, while I enjoyed it, that place of tranquillity, which is basically what I believe Thrall would had made of the Horde if he had remained as a Warchief, doesn’t represent the other sections of the Horde.

• The players that love war above all;
  • The players that believe Sylvanas is the best tactician ever;

This is why I believe, in the Horde:
Warmongers need to go that way ----------------->
<-------------------------Players that want to fight for peace, that way.

Good point.

I think there’s a quote from a source I can’t remember where Saurfang says:
“He wondered if he was doomed to outlive everyone.”

If we look at the family trees in Warcraft there seems to be a hidden rule, where one character, has always to survive to keep the family name running:
Here is a few examples:

• Saurfang. Dranosh and Broxigar dynasty: Varok;
  • Wrynn. Varian dynasty: Anduin;
  • Bloodhoof. Cairne dynasty: Baine;
  • Frostwolf. Durotar lineage, dynasty : Thrall and his baby son;
  • Menethil. Arthas and Terenas dynasty: Calia;
  • Trollbane. Thoras, Galen, dynasty: Danath;
  • Windrunner, Sylvanas dynasty: Arelia , Vereessa and both of them have offspring’s (Assuming Sylvanas will die)
    Side note: the Windrunner dynasty, seems pretty well compared to the remaining above and guess who is the black sheep of the family ?

Exceptions:

• Hellscream. Grommash and Garrosh: All deceased;

There are other examples but you get the picture.

Cheers.

1 Like

They were put down very fast,one of them must have survived,the first,he must have been run back to Ogrimmar,aren’t feeling ashamed for seeing those rogue falling so easy,what would you suggest to them?

id take galywix over you.

Thrall was neutral by then so why would she want to kill him?

there is more to come for Sylvanas.

Moving to Sylvanas, I wanted to hear developers speak to her fans. So much has been heard from the “tribal” Horde via the Saurfang cinematics and through the questline to rescue him. Players were even given a chance to support the warchief by not participating in his rescue and those who made that choice feel that the direction the story is moving will ultimately leave them behind in favor of the “right choice”. The question then became, “What do you say to Sylvanas fans or those players who chose her because they didn’t like the gist of the Saurfang story?”

Shani came out the gate first by saying, “I would tell Sylvanas fans that her story definitely isn’t over yet. We have a lot more to tell. She’s not Garrosh 2.0. She has a lot more going on. Don’t want to spill anything, but there is a ton more coming for Sylvanas’s story.”

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

2 Likes

I’m sitting here laughing, but allright.

The cgi is amazing, once again, good job blizzard.
The Forsaken assassins were awesome, even though their failure and short livedness.

But aside that.

1. Draenor was supposed to be a broken and dieing world, it’s mentioned by Saurfang, why would Thrall go there again? And….why is he hiding?

2. Why would Sylvanas suddenly want to kill a guy that turned his back on the Horde, several times already, Blizzard is really trying hard to get everyone on the SoO bandwagon.

3. Why are we, ingame universe wise, supposed to be all happy/ cheery at Thrall’s return now? He left in Cataclysm, after appointing Garrosh(against his own wishes) as Warchief, who then(for some vague reason) changed into a crazed power hungry dic- villain.
    Thrall comes back to kill the Warchief, abandons the Horde again during a massive Burning Legion invasion….so why? would average joe give a fudge or still put his faith/trust in Thrall all of a sudden?

Where the hell is this going? And why aren’t you Alliance players just happy you get to feature in OUR Titanic story? I just don’t understand, most of the time you’re gloating at our forced narrative, but now you’re realising that hey, despite the trash Horde has to put up with, you don’t have much going on for the Alliance?

Truly my sympathies. Next CGI will perhaps heavily feature Genn Greymane, spitshining Anduin’s shiny golden boots.

Moving to Sylvanas, I wanted to hear developers speak to her fans. So much has been heard from the “tribal” Horde via the Saurfang cinematics and through the questline to rescue him. Players were even given a chance to support the warchief by not participating in his rescue and those who made that choice feel that the direction the story is moving will ultimately leave them behind in favor of the “right choice”. The question then became, “What do you say to Sylvanas fans or those players who chose her because they didn’t like the gist of the Saurfang story?”

Shani came out the gate first by saying, “I would tell Sylvanas fans that her story definitely isn’t over yet. We have a lot more to tell. She’s not Garrosh 2.0. She has a lot more going on. Don’t want to spill anything, but there is a ton more coming for Sylvanas’s story.”

Yes, we will all be one…in UNDEATH, there’s the plottwist!

3 Likes

Thrall wasn’t hiding,only Saurfang,Thrall left the horde to stay with his familly something that Saurvang doesn’t have anymore, and why the hell Thrall needs to bee disturbed,can’t he just stay with his familly?
Titanic story,laughable like you would have a prayer of stopping for what is to come,if you see,but maybe you won’t.
You guys have the luxury to understimate the nature of inteligence ,Sylvanas won’t go down without a fight,pop corn please.

Really just the more we get of bfa’s story the more i want it to end and get retconned for basicly all of it.
The totally not repeat of mop and SoO but with sylvannas and saurfang instead of garrosh and voljin.

Tyrande going full Elune wraths but aperently killing 1valkyr is her revenge for Teldrasil and Darskhore.
And then she cant come to Aid against azshara either, despite her being there in war of ancients and comparing Thalysra to Azshara.

Alliance and Horde having to work again and as horde having to kill your own faction and while we get a choice in war campagin doesnt matter what side you choose you have to aid Alliance and rebelion anyway.

Alliance basicly has no story this expansion. And its not Alliance vs Horde but Horde Vs Horde and Alliance is there aswell. Thats totally their Morally grey Alliance vs Horde war >.>.

Alliance is somehow aslo 100% fine no issues whatsoever with anduin as leader no internal conflict whatsoever despite ahving lightforged and void elves on same faction.
Also its totally not a old god expansion despite seeing influence evrywhere,its totally a faction war expac about war of factions all over azeroth but we only fight on 2freaking islands. And having faced a old god raid already and killed a old god.

And just setting up Sylvannas as Garrosh 2.0 and doing evrything to Make her the villain and all will be her fault in end and rest of horde is totally not and all want peace with Alliance cause Baine peacehoof says so and war makes anduin and Baine sad.

And lets not forgot miss Calia the holy undead,thats ressurected as undead by the light and super infused with the light.

Like really can this trash story end already so can get retconned to something decent atleast.

6 Likes

Hey guys, remember that one time the Alliance got a cool ingame Cinematic that was well-done, visually stunning and had a clear focus/story-driven concept towards a character from the faction “Alliance”?

Ye, me neither.

1 Like

The possibility of light fused Undead scares me the most. I already deleted my last undead alt character but still. The possibility of this anti thesis of Forsaken story is too scary to ignore.

Honestly out of every cinematic they published for BfA I only felt that “Old Soldier” had it all. Because it pulled on the all right strings. The frustration of returning nightmares, the regret, and then the sign of new generation that was promise of a better future, the idea that Horde should fight for one another and this is where it all actually matters. This is the only cinematic that you felt genuingly invested and made you relate to characters. I think that if Saurfang took another path - like escaping prison with Rokhan & Co but going already stright to Thrall would’ve spare him a lot of nasty comments and critique. As Anyone would understand his breakdown knowing his difficult history.

Opening cinematic was too pompous, lost honor was a massive disappointment, and this one is like you mentioned - demonization of already over the top villain. But it also is quite confusing. Wasn’t the portal to Outland closed? And really sending assasins to Thrall who was out of picture since Legion?

I just don’t buy it. It was nice to see Thrall but honestly I’m not really convinced with this one emotionally. The good thing is that it shows that Saurfang never intended to cooperate with Alliance and his prime concern really was the root of the Horde. But I also agree with other players that if few of his actions were delivered differently he wouldn’t have so many haters by now. Which is pity considering that for years he was one of the most beloved orcs.

Well Legion cinematic was mostly focusing on Varian with Sylvanas cameo. Kinda like “Lost Honor” was. But I agree that Alliance should’ve have their perspective on the story during this expansion. And I’d rather hae that instead of “Lost Honor” by all means.

Sorry, not sure what you’re trying to tell me…
I do however notice, with great sadness, my Titanic reference missed the mark.

With Titanic you mean that Ally will become part of horde story,if this is what you mean.
I am trying to tell you that Blizzard is playing players with our fingers by almost one year,without knowing where it all ends, because players maybe can’t change the end of the expansion,everyone will get the same end regardless you choice of loyalities, players should relax and play the game , it’s all they can do.
You have the luxury atleast to see youre horde lore envolving,unlike ally you won’t see much only garbage dicission and frustration for keeping our lore and char dead,yet alive.