San'layn/Dark Ranger Megathread Allied Race

This thread is inspired by the US thread , and will basically take a lot from it to shed light to the EU forums, and get opinions from EU players. : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sanlayn-darkfallen-official-megathread/18803

This thread will contain reasons for San’layn/Undead Elf aka Dark Rangers to join the Horde.

The Lore of the San’layn by Nobbel87

Here is a set of screenshots taken from a video of possible San’layn customization

Potential San’layn Emblem:

Firstly lets talk about the San’layn in BFA, they appeared out of no where only to show their allegiance to Sylvanas to aid the Horde, and eventually got killed during the Alliance war campaign.

Now for my reasons that they are not extinct , firstly if I was a smart strategic leader I would not send ALL my forces to aid a newly formed alliance , the San’layn that were killed was ONE Blood Prince who was NEVER present in the game, and neophytes ( a neophyte for those who dont know is a person who is new to a subject, skill, or belief), this is proof that you can be turned into a San’layn, who is to say that the other San’layn dont have a good reason to retaliate against the Alliance , and join Sylvanas.

Reasons for them to become playable as an allied race, and their counterparts.

Since every ambassador in the Orgrimmar/Stormwind Embassy eventually recruited a race to their respected faction

Baine/Highmountain

Liadrin/Nightborne

Rokhan/Zandalari

Eitrigg/Mag’har Orc

Now who is left, there are two spots left and one more if they will ever bring a neutral race like the Pandaren

Ji Firepaw/ ??? (most likely if the allied race system will follow the core system, then he will bring in a neutral race similar to the Pandaren)

Trade Prince Gallywix/// ???

Nathanos / ??? ( he is most likely going to bring an undead race to the horde since each allied race shares similarities/bonds to existing races, Nathanos has and always been the trainer of the Dark Rangers, he also mentions in the seething shore bg “WHY DONT YOU HAVE ANY DARK RANGERS IN YOUR RANKS?!”

Now look Dark Rangers (Undead/Forsaken Elf) will be an AMAZING addition because of their lore, the majority of Quel’thalas got raised into undeath former High Elves, but the only difference will be red eyes and different hairstyles which is okay I guess, + they make more sense than Void Elves as much as I love Void Elves they truly came out of nowhere, Alleria was suppose to be a unique NPC, but they gave the Alliance Void Elves who appeared out of nowhere, as a Blood Elf we were never informed that there is an exiled group out there that studies Void Magic, and they are studying from notes that was left from the traitor of Quel’thalas Dar’Khan Drathir, Void Elf is very successful, but the majority of the Alliance players wanted High Elves to be playable.

Now the connection between counterparts of Void Elf/San’layn

1. Female /silly mentions the San’layn as blood drinkers.

2. Void counterpart is Death.

3. If the San’layn or any type of Undead Elf becomes playable they will be under the leadership of Sylvanas Windrunner who is the Warchief of The Horde, and the Void Elf is lead by HER SISTER Alleria Windrunner / Magister Umbric.

They can also be counterparts to High Elf if Blizzard caters to the fan-base that wants them since they were former High Elves.

Now death has been an important factor in this expansion, and the Forsaken does not only consist of humans they are lead by a former high elf turned into a banshee and her most trusted allies are her Dark Rangers.

Here is a link that contains spoilers for the future regarding Dark Rangers we do not know what this scenario is about but hell I am excited

Remember Lorash? The Blood Elf that is present in the Burning Of Teldrasil, that makes you kill Night Elf guards, and is impressed when you kill civilians ?

I cant find his new model on Wowhead, but I found it on the US Forums, he is currently an Undead

Now for some ideas

The racial mount can be an undead themed hawkstrider or dragonhawk.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440648861141303296/457980721160781825/SkeletalDragonHawk.gif

Their haircuts can be a tribute to very iconic characters like Wednesday Addams and Morticia Addams.

Classes

Warrior

Hunter ( Pet Bat, or a skeletal Dragonhawk)

Rogue

Mage

Warlock

Priest

Monk ( Undead can be Monks, and Void Elf)

Death Knight ( I wish they give DK some love in terms of the allied race, and make them start at level 20 with a whole different opening cinematic like, you have been raised something like that since DKs had the ability to raise newer dks in Legion I believe).

Alliance has Wolves , its time the Horde got Vampires! ( + I am so happy the Dark Rangers got updated models, and finally got male variants as well, + cool new voicelines)

I will link some cool artwork from fans. (they look amazing they need to get their credit)

https://www.webstagram.one/media/BGAuZcOmODK

https://www.webstagram.one/media/BGAt0i-mOBo

this thread was inspired by the US forum , and I really want EU players to have the chance to discuss it here.

Some fun Blizzard refrences in other Blizzard Games

https://aminoapps.com/c/hearthstone/page/blog/sanlayn-kaelthas/KW5S_Mu023Kg5QVzKMxab0Q8g4rMgo8

One of her skins is San’layn

31 Likes

Here we go again.

9 Likes

Their leader literally killed his fellows of the Horde to enhance himself. BfA literally showed that they will never be able to be allies of the Horde. No, just no!

8 Likes

Oh lord please help me no

2 Likes

Honestly if they look so belf-ish I don’t see the point in adding them. Make them look more like bat-monsters and then we have something different.

Were you maybe expecting him to start sparkling, get a bad hairdo and start romancing his fellow Horde?

Dude, if you want to have a job or something similar, you have to look good. If you kill your own fellows only to feel better you’ve literally no chance to get your place in the Horde.

Except if you are warchief of course… :roll_eyes: But then again we saw what happened to Garrosh and presumably Sylvanas.

When it comes to the topic of the San’layn I whould not really want the race(just as little as I want High Elves). There’s just not enought of them to build a “civilization”, the game don’t need more elves or undeads for that matter.

The only thing which I could probably see function are that there whould be more forsaken models to choose from In the future. However given the current route of BfA there whould be noone left to make more of them unless Talanji makes some wierd “bargain” to sustain the forsaken population or a new strong leader replacing Sylvanas(She can’t ressurect genuine, lasting forsaken on her own).

1 Like

but Void elves were a small exiled group, and look at what they became, anything is possible

4 Likes

Can we just have a new race that isn’t elves? Elves are so overdone at this point that I really don’t see the benefit in adding yet another race of elves.

Let’s maybe have some new races we haven’t seen or haven’t been playable before.

6 Likes

Yes anythings possible ofcourse… But that don’t mean I really enjoyed or even wanted the implementation of Void elves or the Lightforged draenies.

Void Elves do at least make “sense” in a way… considering there’s more blood elves running around then orc’s so tranforming a smal portion of them into emo’s don’t seem to unrealistic. Except that it clashes so hard with priest lore I just want to well… say some for me out of character words to the developers.

The whole idea about the void are out of bounds when it comes to those mutated former blood elves.

Ok and Dark Rangers Undead Elves has existed since vanilla and before , Arthas wiped out more than half if not 90% of Quel’thalas and raised them

1 Like

nope - because nothing sells char swaps as good as elves. look what happened when allience got emo elves - they were literaly tossing money at blizzard.

i wuldnt mind - would imidiately swap 3-4 belves toons to horde emo elves :slight_smile:

And we have already 4 Elf races and don’t need other :wave:

2 Likes

My void elf is goth not emo :angry:

They are still no Say’layn… These undead are very powerfull, each individual within the Say’layn was a individual with significant power hand picked by the Lich King.

They can’t even properly reproduce without the Lich King, since everything they bite turn into mindless dredges. Having them as a playable race whould significantly reduce what makes the San’layn special.

Since the void generally enhance negative emotions, they seem more emo then goth. But you do you ofcourse. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But their racial is:

And the 5% dps/heal increase and on top of that a small teleport

Well another way to interpret that racial are; That they walk around feeling so much pain and suffering that attacks against them won’t make them lose focus. Pretty much like emo’s do.

But I suppose you can choose to call it “Goth elf” if you really want to. However then it have nothing to do with the void since Goth’s acctually mostly about a state of mind. If the Light hurts you, you can’t really be Goth(My opinion).

lol and what makes you think they are suffering and being inflicted with pain? they are just maniacs hearing whispers and they try not to succumb to it. Make a Horde character and fight their team in the islands and you will see how crazy those 3 are , mind you apart from Zandalari they are the best allied race in game, Nightborne had soo much potential for it to just be portrayed like this even their racials is sad for a race that has soo much magical potential

no no - goth elves would be sanlayan:)

void elves are emo for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like