San'layn not a race confirmed? I want an apology :)

So… What was the goal of the OP here?

Talking bull, as the american philosopher Harry Frankfurt would say.

Some gotcha or something. Surprised it didn’t devolve into stale memes and copypasta quicker.

All I have managed to take away from this thread is that my guild’s event, the san’layn are going to be less charismatic, devious monsters of blood and dark magic… and more like Karens.

1 Like

Truly, a terrifying thought

They’re confirmed bloodsuckers with a hanking for blood and shadow magic. Imho they’re 1:1 vampyr like the Blood Thane from Legion, but elves and Scourge fanatics.

In what way am I obsessed with vampires? The conversation started with me asking people how they think Darkfallen non-DR elves ended up in the Horde and Alliance. That’s when people insisted that only vampires aka San’layn can do that. I’ve seen no other plausible explanation. Yet I am the one who’s obsessed?

I was saying exactly the opposite, that’s what you all were saying. I said San’layn do not equal Darkfallen, as Darkfallen is the name of the race (undead elves), while San’layn is a political term/cult name/your affiliation. Don’t trick newcomers into assuming I talked this nonsense. You did, I didn’t.

regardless of you being right or wrong in this debate, making an “everyone apologize to me now” kinda thread reads kind of insanely weird

6 Likes

Yeah. People can be wrong about topics and we adapt and change, but the demand of a public apology just makes the OP look like they need to go outside more.

5 Likes

On this I agree.

One of the most salient features of todays society is that there is so much bullsh’t. Everyone knows this. Each of us contributes our share. But we tend to take our situation for granted. Most people are rather confident of their ability to recognize bullsh’t, and to avoid being taken in by it. So the phenomenon has not aroused much deliberate concern, nor attracted much sustained inquiry.
In consequence, we have no clear understanding of what bullsh’t is, why there is so much of it, or what functions it serves. And we lack a conscientiously developed appreciation of what it means to us. In other words, we have no theory. I propose to begin the development of a theoretical understanding of bullsh’t, mainly by providing some tentative and exploratory philosophical analysis. I shall not consider the rhetorical uses and misuses of bullsh’t. My aim is to simply to give a rough account of what bullsh’t is, and how it differs from what it is not — or (putting it somewhat differently) to articulate, more or less sketchily, the structure of it’s concept.

It was kind of a joking statement to attract attention. But I am 100% convinced none of you is capable of admitting their mistakes and apologizing. You will never even admit you were wrong about a fact that’s clearly stated in the game and lore sources, what else can I expect from you.

It’s attention chasing at best.

At worst it’s just sad.

In light of the trout population benefiting from this thread continued existence I am happy to inform you all I have chosen NOT to issue an apology to OP.

1 Like

I wasn’t even in the original argument what are you taking a swing at me for

2 Likes

Are you?

The only sad thing here is you claiming I said something when I stated exactly the opposite. And when I expose this, you have nothing to say, so you just revert to bullying once again. Says a lot about you and the way you treat other people.

I can’t even remember who argued in favor of what, only that the OP was a petulant baby :confused:

4 Likes

And what was I wrong about exactly? If I know that I’m wrong I am not above admitting it.

I don’t even think I was in the argument.
and if i was it clearly didn’t leave a lasting impact on my memory.