Scammers succeeding, players getting scammed

It isn’t cheating though because Blizzard makes the rules and they say it isn’t against the rules.

You should but that brings us back to my point :rofl:

Define ninja looting and scam boosting .

It’s a fictional game …

I mean killing in pvp should be counted as an offensive act against the others and you should get penalized etc ?

The difference in ninja looting and the scam boosting is that some cunning people (with no requirement of intelligence ) pray on dumb and with no knowledge people …

Ninja looting …Entering a group with someone as ML … even if you set the loots a /roll etc someone can easily get an item that want . Same with scam … The rule of the real life doesn’t apply to games and it shouldn’t .

It’s people fault that they are dumb enough , and at many occasions is like they want to happen …

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get this. Wasn’t the purpose of the services channel so people can buy/sell stuff like this?

I hope your ban gets overturned.

1 Like

Yhea, dont think OP was completely honest as to why he was banned. Get the feeling he had done something he shouldnt have but by reporting the other player someone took a look at OP aswell and found something.

he kinda already said it: “Banned for exploiting the economy”

if my understanding is correct, he tried to scam the scammers by reporting them and hoping to get his gold back which backfired

You mean he got what he wanted and tried to get his money back? But if they were scammers he wouldnt get what he traded for so what would he actually earn from this?

In either case, what i and others have said, he isent telling the whole story.

He wouldn’t get banned for that. Blizzard would just refuse to refund him the gold which is their policy. I heavily suspect the gold he used to pay for the boost was bought with real world money. That perfectly fits within the scope of “exploiting the economy.”

1 Like

Looks like folks in here just found out aboot the supply and demand law, ie how economics actually work. I ain’t gonna spit on my customers (I ain’t bitting the hand that feeds me)

And people ask why I think WoW is pay to win. This thread supports my opinion.

Yea, paying for a boost in the last week of an expansion certainly meets the “win” definition. :roll_eyes:

It doesn’t matter when it is done. I can pay if I want to someone to boost my locked alt in Black temple/Throne of four winds for example each week. What OP did is exactly P2W no matter if it is in the end of the expansion.

GMs never care about anything which is not in logs.

if you got banned its likely because you got that gold not from tokens/ playing game.

But… he got banned? What was his “win” here? xD

What would they have won? Nothing, oh right, take it to the p2w debate. This just goes in circles.

Because the OP did a stupid thing. If he didn’t report it he would not have been banned and will just have been scammed. But he was in the situation he was because he could just pay for a “service” to skip something.
So yea for me it is P2W.

So… no matter what wow is p2w, token or no token? got it!

Yes because services can be bought cheaper for real money outside of the token. Blizzard just legalized the P2W aspect in WoW with the token. I for example bypass a bit the gearing process with the token.
I buy WoW token with real money => sell it for gold => then buy items from the AH to craft gear after farming crests. That is legal half P2W in my book because I skipped farming gold or materials.

what do you win though ?

did you get voucher for 5 $ irl ?

did you win a ferrari ?

what did you win there ?

you are likely still behind on gearing compared who legitimately spam a lot of m+ :slight_smile: