Scholo .. 50g Per Run For Tank

On a full server like Golemagg where LFG/World is non stop filled with people wanting to do groups, Scholo has hit that point where ZERO tanks will run it unless paid :slight_smile:

Warlocks looking to do epic mount now need to pay an additional 50g to find a tank for that instance :slight_smile:

I mean, if they don’t need anything from there anymore, I guess asking for monetary incentive makes sense on their part. Running Scholo just for the heck of it is…yeah, no.

30 Likes

I don’t think I could ever lower myself to ask for gold to run an instance. Either you enjoy playing the game or you don’t.

45 Likes

How do you go about running dungeons where there’s nothing of interest to you?

Do it faster, do it with less people, do it to help a specific person in their pursuit of something, e.g. the lock.

I can’t imagine standing there demanding they all trade me 12g50s or similar before entering the instance. Would feel like a scumbag.

I might do it entirely to stop a scumbag tank earning 50g.

21 Likes

Play this game long enough to watch yourself become the scumbag.

Tanks aren’t rich, the way we see you fancy clothies with your fancy magic, is a bunch of running moneybags.
If you want money to pay a tank, why don’t you just conjure it?

20 Likes

Dungeon runs ignoring payments are prolly best gold per hour for a tank.

1 Like

Been playing this game since 2004 (US servers). Have been a tank a long time. Never became a greedy scumbag.
I guess it depends on your personality.

24 Likes

Well I guess you’re not playing to your full potential then :wink:

3 Likes

Shouldn’t you be playing BFA so you could roll Goblin.

7 Likes

I mean, how do you even whisper to groups looking for Scholo in the first place? Your examples are niche, and mostly revolve around friends or guildies. I’m not saying you’re supposed to yell your services in SW either. The chance is though, Trade groups will not form and that’s the general problem here, I think.

I think my baldness accurately represents my aggressiveness and greediness

10 Likes

As tank class, you are the one who gets the whispers.

1 Like

I’ve had people whisper me and flat out offer me gold to come and tank for them.

Yes, especially in case of Scholo. Still, I think that Charity Tanking can only really solve a few % of the problem.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with being paid to tank a certain dungeon? Tanks are scarce and just like with all scarce things, they cost money, especially if the tank has nothing to gain from the dungeon.

13 Likes

Imo, if the tank gets paid upfront because he needs nothing from it, he should also agree to passing on every single roll while in there, even when epics drop.

9 Likes

Try a low pop server where a tank such as myself spend an hour looking for a dps.

2 Likes

Any DPS can perform 100g/hour since DM released, why tanks couldn’t get some?

1 Like

If u think so, maybe enlighten us so we can pay you

3 Likes