Scholo .. 50g Per Run For Tank

Sorry I can’t read any post that contain : selfish, entitled, cringy.

Retry without.

1 Like

That’s odd, because you seem to write them pretty well.

I stopped to use them, theses words are now the only vocabulary that WoW player on forum use :smiley: .

I wasn’t talking about that post in particular.

Im a Tank in Classic , that was my choice because I wanted to be helpful for my friends and guildies.
Mostlikely doing Dungeons to get ppl gear in my guild/friends. Sure ppl cry about repaircost a lot but do they also think just 1 sec about it that we still lose durability even if we don’t die. Also I made the experience that most ppl whisper if I want to tank a X dungeon, what rly annoys me , if I want to go run a dungeon then I’ll sign up for it but getting 10+ whisper everyday is rly not a solution. I know ppl demand tanks but also do me a favor and help out each other to make tanks appropriate joining ur grps by trading them few health potions u might have looted that run or some vendortrash u don’t rly need.
While being a tank outside of dungeons/raids it is rly hard to earn money.
Im rly enjoying tanking but it’s also a pain in the same time because our income is not that big compared to a dps .
Tanking is not rly hard if ppl don’t brainfart and annoy the tank by ninjapulling/overaggro when he tries to LoS those mobs to give u an easier time.
Long story short: get into a guild and communicate , make new friends or u will end up frustrated of not finding a tank that want to do ur stuff which he will get nothing out of it except his increasing repairbill;)

Just to make clear 50g is too much , I would not want money from a grp to tank for them cuz it’s kinda a dick move.

Be nice

2 Likes

No except yes.

WoW does not work that way. You must do things you are not enjoying to be able to do things you enjoying. For example in retail to attend mythic raids you pretty much obligated to do some activity like mythic+ dungeons, world quests, bentos gear farm and so on. Similarly in Classic you’re supposed to get world buffs, to buy flasks, potions and that requires farming gold. I don’t think that many players enjoy running maraudon over and over again. So tanking Scholomance probably is not the worst way to earn gold.

How many hundreds times you can do it before you stop?

That might cost you extra (:

Pffft! That’d never work…

It really adds to the effect that you have no guild.

1 Like

They are clearly just roll playing a mercenary. :upside_down_face:

I was in Strat earlier. tank reserved himself all orbs! So 6 orbs dropped. That is a gain of 130G for him for 1 run. Is that really necessary? That is just being greedy.
He walks out with 130G worth of orbs(approx 22G worth on my server) but I can pay 80G for my crusader enchants. That is not fair nor does it make any sense.
Literally just being greedy.
2 orbs a run. Fine take them. no problem. But all of em?

Maybe us DPS Players should do the same. everyone should start being greedyAF demanding ridiculous reserves or payments to join. I am not playing for 1 guy I do not know at all and make him rich while I barely get my repcost back.

It got out of hand with tank demanding stuff. Dont want to tank, dont play one. I am not your loot pet.

2 Likes

Lol six? Yeah that’s no longer worth the price I agree two is the max you should be getting especially if you’re still rolling on greens and such.

If you actually thought so, you would not have been joining the run. You were fine with not getting any of the orbs so it shouldnt make a difference to you if he gets one orb or six.

I find it a bit hypocritical to complain about the same behaviour that you yourself enabled in the first place.

2 Likes

I joined a group for Strat live where the tank had reserved all orbs. I usually don’t care about orb reservation because they never drop when I’m in the group anyway, and they’re quite cheap nowadays. Anyway, so this tank reserved the orbs, and when we got the dungeon he wasn’t sure where to enter, he didn’t have neither the Side door key, nor the scarlet key on him, his tanking was barely ok, and he had no idea how to pull inside the living portion. I think it was his second run in there. I felt it was pretty shameless of this guy to reserve the orbs - but they never dropped anyway.

2 Likes

Reserving / asking for payment is only logical if it’s a boost group - epic tank / dpsers boosting you to get your loot or whatever. It’s cancer in Retail, but people do get boosted - they pay and get stuff for themselves.

Blue geared tanks reserving anything / demanding gold for just tanking is wrong. Give me a group of epic tank with 2 epic dpsers to storm through the dungeon with the speed of light then yeah i might pay or let you reserve stuff. Otherwise gtfo.

A brief reminder that Shaman and Druids were desirable tanks for Scholomance and Stratholme due to the abilities a lot of mobs had, whilst a lot of useful gear drops for them.

Break the conditioning people.

1 Like

When did WoW Classic stop being a game to enjoy and play with others and start being a business where everybody is out for themselves, like a dog eat dog world?

Actually thats what this thread is exactly about. Why would you not help your fellow tank out and give him some tips and money for all the hardships he is going through. Not to mention demanding for them to tank a dungeon that has no drops for them.

1 Like