Scholo .. 50g Per Run For Tank

Tanks selling their services is just another cancerous outgrowth of the sellrun idea. I put every single one advertising its service on ignore.
Classic meant to build a server community, time to give that a meaning.

2 Likes

Mehā€¦ communism is so old, mate. They tried it here in my country, didnā€™t work so well.

1 Like

As a Tank, I kinda understand and dont understand at the same timeā€¦

Tanking is an expensive job, you really pile up costs for repairing your stuff, so if you get nothing out of a run, its kinda sh*ttyā€¦

But asking for payment is also a d*ck moveā€¦

I am not sure how I would handel itā€¦ Maybe make a deal that you can roll need on all green drops so basically if its no upgrade for anyone, you get it, selling the green drops will give you a nice money boost and the group isnt really missing out on anything improtant either, and its less of a direct lossā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not a dick move, in fact youā€™re helping them out as long as you donā€™t request some enormous amount.
They donā€™t have to wait and they get a tank who knows what heā€™s doing.
You get some payment to compensate for your time.
Everyone benefits. Thatā€™s why people trade.

1 Like

I would still go with the need on green wayā€¦
In the end, its not much different than having them pay you, but for them it doesnt feel like they are paying you.
I think people would be much more willing to say yes to ā€œSure, I tank for you, if I can have all greens that noone needs for an upgradeā€ than to ā€œSure, I tank for you, if you pay me!ā€

Its a psychological effect, losing out of potential profit feels less punishing than having to give away assets you already own.

3 Likes

Golemagg tanks are big brain
Epic mount in 20 runs
Is there anyone buying their services? If not wait it out and theyā€™ll lower it

If people are paying however then tough luck because that means tanks would be stupid not to ask for it

I honestly can get them tho, ask 50g, they will either tell you no which means they dont have to tank a PuG or they get paid 50g, either way its a win win

I wouldnt charge friends tho, so if there are some who think like me the 50g is probably there because they dont want to tank for you at all preferably but hey 50g is a great motivator

Dick move or not is irrelevant if its used as a scare tactic

1 Like

No its not a dick move unless the tank is some greengeared keyboardturner monkey.

He helps the group get their dung/get their gear while he has an alternative way to farm gold which he maybe can enjoy more than tedious mob grind /herbing/you name it.

We do the same currently as almost full epic gear tank+heal with strat living and reserve orbs yet to experience some Dps (obviously you mostly get lvl59 people going for quest and dont care about the orbs) to complain about it. no rather they are thankful for the boost.

Its a win/win for both parties because otherwise we would go duo DM east and they wont get a grp/invite because they are only 58/59 and get their exp/loot/quest done

To be honest 50g is bit to much in early. However repair the plate does cost a lot, retalent, same as health potions to prevent wipping etc. End also is much more easy to farm money in open world as mage ,hunter or even warlock compare to lets say prot warrior. Especialy mages and hunters can become rich very fastā€¦

thats pretty cheap.

on most of private servers tanks demanded 100-200 g per dungeon.

with time prices witout doubt will hit 200+ gold per run since so many more people are playing dps on classic and thse who are in guidls will just use guildies to attune their alts and they will gear up direckly in raids not in dungeons during attuning runs for new recruits.

If only we had some sort of league where people could be social and help each other. We could call it a ā€œguildā€ or somthing. Letā€™s hope they implement it one day.

3 Likes

I wish i knew that yesterday, would have charged them, my two cents:
I was at TB doing my thing, i saw 58mage spamming for at least half an hour LFTank Scholo, last spot.
I took mercry upon them and whisped for inv, they had 60lock named Respektā€¦ he calledm me Lazy MF for not runing to inst and wanting port, then he called me MF again when he summoned me :smiley: Oh boy they had lucky leader who calmed me down , wish you Respekt next you meet 25yrs old tank who will leave asap and good luck spamming that trade chat for another hour.

If i see some group as rendruns looking for healer, always asking to get jed so i join, otherwise i have no reason to go UBRS. Even that i main shadow, healing this is possible even without swapping gear :d but healer is healer.
With tanks quite the same, but tank asks either for dps loot to roll or gold, im fine with that. Respect otherā€™s time people, we all love when itā€™s sort of slightly rewarded in any activity.

Today in General and World Chat :

ā€œTank need DPS + Heal for DM Jump Run. Thorium reservedā€
ā€œTank service available for all dungeons, whisp me for more informationā€
ā€œLF2M Heal+DPS for Scholo. All green and blue not needed reservedā€

Hahaha. They are so stupid, probably the lowest IQ in the game (especially the first one xD).

Find a guild guys, and you will dodge them easily.

1 Like

Guys, if Iā€™m in arms spec with not good tank gear, to tank Scholo/Strat I need to go full prot? or impale/prot or just tactical mastery/prot ?

Even a Warlock can tank scholo so I guess it doesnā€™t matter ā€¦ As a Mage i tanked the 7 boss at the end, just need to kitte a bit.

Modern problems require modern solutions, boys imagine appropriate meme.

I did my dungeon gearing over a month ago, but with Dire Maul release I needed to do a few DMW runs for bracers and dagger. First run I got a tank and noticed that despite him being geared to the teeth he didnā€™t contribute much. So after he left I just got a 4th DPS instead and ran it tankless. Went significantly faster, got it down to <30mins per run with Rogue, Hunter, 2 casters and priest healer.

Between greedy tanks charging for runs and half of them being useless, it got me thinking where you can cut out those entitled warriors.

So hereā€™s the list: DME, DMW, Rend runs, LBRS first 3 boss farm, BRD arena/angerforge/golem lord, Scholomance.

All of these can be done without a tank and without breaking a sweat. The remainder is Stratholme, DMN and Beast/Drakki in UBRS. Those are not impossible without a tank, but most pugs probably canā€™t pull it off.

If you gonna attempt the above dungeons tankless, my advice is to bring rogue, hunter and 2 casters (any combination of mage/warlock) - gives you plenty of CC on any hard-hitting trash, rogue can tank bosses with evasion provided he knows his trade, with 4dps everything will die very quickly.

3 Likes

Find a guildā€¦

if you knew what IQ meant you wouldnā€™t say that. But then again you are just an entitled kiddo who wants tanks to tank them for free, without them getting any gear either.

Those lowest IQ people have already made more gold than you probably ever will (unless you are mage/hunter/lock)

Hi five bro, altruism and suffering >:3

Warlockā€™s epic mount quest-chain ends in Dire Maul West, not Scholomance, however Paladinā€™s I do believe have to go to Scholomance to get their Epic mount.