Searching for a start!

Hey AD community!

I’m interested in diving into WoW RP for the first time! I’ve RPed in a number of MMO (GW2, ESO, TOR) across the years, I’m familiar with general RP mechanics and etiquette, and I have a (very) high-level understanding of WoW’s setting. I’m primarily interested in RPing a Druid in some form of conclave setting, or a traveling Warlock.

Any tips/guidance on where to start, how to search for Guilds, and anything else a WoW newbie should know/look out for when RPing in the game would be appreciated.

Cheers!

5 Likes

God help you…

On a serious note; RP can be amazing on WoW and has kept me playing longer than I intended - to the point I prefer it over content. It’s nice to see someone new and interested.
There are a lot of guilds, some of which are on these very forums. As far as I am concerned, they are likely to be extremely welcoming to a new person whether it is new to RP or WoW entirely and will absolutely help with anything you need.
Furthermore, spending time in character and wandering around is another method for exploring and meeting people.

I can name a few guilds off the top of my head regarding druid & warlock RP but it sort of depends on your faction and possibly race too.
If you have an idea of specific details, I’ll happily point at a few threads that could be a starting point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Argent Archieves and this forum are definitely the places to look for guilds. Also, get the TRP3 addon. There’s other addons that are useful/helpful when it comes to roleplay, but that one should get you started at least.

2 Likes

The forums and Argent Archives are both great places to look for guilds. However, I personally think the best way to find a guild you reckon you might enjoy is to RP with them in game, see how the theme is and how the members are in practise.

As for tips, I guess the top ones are to get TRP3, listener, crossrp and the make-very-long-emotes addon (I forgot the name). These are your go-to RP addons.

Once you have them, make a basic profile, no need to go super in-depth with one as nine times out of ten no one’s going to sit down and read it, they’d rather hear about your character through interactions. Once done? Go crazy, have fun, interact with people and hopefully you’ll find a guild to call home.

2 Likes

You’ve all been super helpful! Thanks for the tips. I’ll definitely download the addons.

@Woebloom – for my Druid, I’m looking to play an Elf. The Warlock would likely be human. Cheers again!

1 Like

The peak Night Elf RP is Dirge of Teldrassil as far as I am aware. Not entirely druid focused but has plenty of it. Not sure if you’re looking for more Cenarion Circle type.

As for warlock traveller… I can think of a merc guild that has had warlocks and such prior.

Or perhaps if you’re more of a villain…

Hope you find these helpful even if you don’t necessarily seek to join 'em.

Good luck, king! <o

5 Likes

Greetings!

I do not know what faction - if any- you desire to be apart of or the race.
So I shall simply link you what I currently believe will serve you best, judging by your profile picture.

I know there is a current, if not soon to come event in Astranaar, it could be a good place to start making connections with fellow players and guilds.

Woebloom beat me in linking a few guilds, so I will not re-post them.
Here is a druid guild for you, my friend.

5 Likes

Hey! Thank you for linking us!

Isarafil, if you are thinking about Kaldorei RP and want to chat to us a bit more, you can send me an ingame letter and I will get back to you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.