Season 4: Lack of tanks and healers (LFG)

My main is a healer. Not a tank or dps :smiley: It is actually insanely difficult to get in the game on a relatively OK level on other roles.

Smart people do, your mileage may vary.

No point repeating whats already been said here, so eh…

As someone who has come to play all roles, I definitely enjoy playing in communities more than pugs. If that means I contribute to this drought in the LFG, then call me the dust bowl, baby.

putting CR on healer will put too much pressure on the role which it already has.
just give every dps a CR so if one dies, another can rez. If the healer dies, it (should) be game over if the healer has the CR, which is not good in my opinion.

healers can also step in bad and die :confused:

1 Like

I sim my char without buffs, without bloodlust. Then you pull a boss with lust and whatever party buffs and you should be already higher than your sim even if you play slightly worse.
and no the first boss of BRH is a static boss with only a small add phase, which actually pads your dmg.
there really are no swirlies to dodge that lets you lose uptime. unless you are a caster and get targeted over and over again by the debuff.

you see, my hunter sims 166k dps on ST 3min fight. But I am doing more because of buffs anyways. if you sim 166k and do 90k, well then that is on you.
If you sim 90k then you clearly have not optimized your char at all.

yes my char also sims 110k when I stack mastery on a class that hates mastery.
just equiping whatever gear will lead to terrible results even if you don’t play terrible.

many many many keys just feel terrible because people can pad like champions but do negative dps on bosses. Tyrannical is so much harder than fortified just because of that. Never seen a group fall apart because they couldn’t aoe down some trash.

and that is fine, so don’t go m+ if you do so poorly that you get carried and destroy keys. practice till you are ready.

playing on 50% performance of what your char can theoretically pull off, is just not enough. at least make it 80% to be acceptable.

and yes, some things are easier to play and some others are better to play in chaotic environments etc.
Somethings are just not meant to play because you are bad at it. I also just cannot play sub rogue or arcane mage.
That is fine, because when I perform so terrible, I rather not play those because I feel like I get carried all the time.

I mean, i simmed my char WITH buffs :grin:

I am not destroying keys though. I am actually doing mechanics, pressing my defensives and on mobs i am a god in crowd control. When it is needed i am also death coiling 3 times an afflicted :stuck_out_tongue:

But dps numbers, or actually getting aggro on a tank i me alien.

I am up for suggestions :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV53EUTMe4

Good point. But these are just the details of how you distribute these buffs.

As long as there is some homogenization with the buffs, whoever it is, its an improvement to what we have now.

In the current game we all can have battleress wrists though. I admit a bit annoying to use, but it has saved me quite some keys.

What are you suggesting? Something like dps players changing their behaviour and being less toxic towards tanks and healers who make a mistake?

The problem with healing this seasons is the odds on getting a group that isn’t a clown fiesta is pretty low, and it just isn’t rewarding or fun to play healer.

Also when I play tank I fairly often get bad healers too, like the other day I was playing prot war and did more healing than the healer in a 0 and it disbanded because they couldn’t heal the party.

And because groups are so bad, as a tank or healer you think “I’ll do the minimum to get my 1 or 2 items from the vault and then go do something else for a week”

Legasp, what an audacious suggestion!

( No really, this is one of the big reasons why my mental health improved joining communities instead. )

1 Like

I am more often than not healing less than a tank, even in a +10 overall.
that is not a good indication of a bad healer.
every crap counts as healing for tanks nowadays so that even prot warrior, a non healing tank, is quite high in the healing meters due to ignore pain counting as healing.

there are currently very little things in s4 in +10 dungeons that really require a decent healer.
there are exceptions where the healer cannot be afk but they dont require you to be crazy skilled either, especially on a m0

if the group cannot even complete a m0 with a bad healer, rumors has it that the rest of the group is equally terrible.

Considering you are posting on a druid ask yourself the following question
If they implemented your suggestion with higher loot chance, more rio and more currency for tanks and healers, would it be enough to make you consider respeccing to resto or feral bear yourself?

If the answer is no its probably not good enough for others either

2 Likes

U mean the new m+ difficulty is certainly easier.

WTF is feral bear? LOL

I do actually tank on my druid (which is usually feral, but definitely not a bear) to get into keys easily when I’m farming a specific item. The chance of getting an extra item would make that an even more desirable option seeing as that’s specifically why I’m doing it.

The idea of increased RIO that the poster suggested is clearly from someone who doesn’t understand how people who push think. We compete against others of our own spec/role, not class.

As for currency… it might appeal to some people, I suppose. If I couldn’t afford tokens and the amount of gold was significant, it might interest me.

No way there is lack of them, the declines you get as tank or healer for m+ are still a lot. Would never be the case if they were in that short supply as you claim. You get constantly declined to keys from players with lower, higher or similar score as you, just like dps players.

If applying to keys at max reward or lower, no.

I’m at 2500ish rio as a holy priest and 521 ilvl, I can’t remember getting declined to a key at 10 or under for quite some time now.

It’s only when I apply to keys beyond max reward level that I start getting declines, otherwise it’s pretty much instant invites.

There was no guardian back then, bears were using the feral tree too. I guess they play classic is all

Classic mythic plus. Fascinating.

Heroic+ is a thing. Though i’d rather not have affixes in classic personally