Season 4: Lack of tanks and healers (LFG)

For me dungeons scalling is working bad. For example last season 18-23 range was perfect. No stupid one shots, if you executed everything well you were ok. Everything higher was problematic. You skiped one interrupt, your ded. Mob charge on you, your ded. Cat jumps on you, your ded. You get crushing depths, on 26 forti as disc im not even trying to heal you, your ded. There is no fun in healing keys like this where you literally can not react. There should be like key mechanics that you have to deal with that can oneshot, but anything else oneshoting is plain stupid. Like regular trash mob cast that is spamed every 2 seconds. And there are 3 of these mobs in a pack. Higher keys should scale more towards enemies hp and maybe defense than monsters damage.

1 Like

There certainly is a lack. If there wasn’t, I wouldn’t be able to queue as tank on my druid that I’ve only dpsed on this season, and get instant invites.

really ? )
I’m playing a bear in the keys, and I find out on the forum that, it turns out, I’m playing incorrectly )

2 Likes

It boils all down to the fact that the player base is extremly toxic in pugs. And most of the times its the dps.

A tank needs to know everything, needs to know the route, needs to know everything that needs to be interupted, stuned etc.
A leading role is often expected of him. More often than not tanks have alot more on the plate in pugs than the dps
For healers its similar because its generaly expected of them to deal with alot of affixes on top of doin healing and dps.

And aloooot of dps dont do anything of that. All they want is do their rotation and get those massive dps numbers.

Even then im fine with sacrificeing my dps so i interupt, stun and deal with everything thats a wipe situation. Alot of healers are the same. They triage heal a lot of dps dumbness so that we time the key.

Buuuut, god forbid one of them dies…
Then its all: why this stupid pull, although he pulled the other group that demolished his (blizz does not alow certain words), or healer: how about one heal, although all the dps defensive CDs are ready and not one healing pot has been taken.

Why would a person of sound mind put such mental pressure on himselves? Why would i take this toxic madness?
I come from a 12 hour shift, put my son to bed and want to enjoy a couple of hours in the world of Azeroth. And it all goes away in the blink of an eye because someone thinks hes awesome now. It must be true cause i play a meta dps spec!!

So now i have a group of friends where i tank and one is a healer and we dont do pugs. Now and then we take maybe one dps and do his key but if my group is not online we wont deplete ours because of some (again blizz is muting me) who cant do a simple mechanic like interupt a god damn mob.

I hope all those dps enjoy their long waiting times, or when after a first mistake their painfully grinded key gets destroyed cause the group disbands.

Guess what?! Its your own fault you little entitled bastards.
Next time you get invited try to be polite for once and atleast try to ask the tank and healer if you need to interupt something if your to lazy to learn the dungeons.

Sorry for the rant, but us tanks and my best buddys the healers are also just humans.

3 Likes

You don’t.

Good on you for looking for a solution!

This is one of the most popular reasons and familiar stories i’ve heard from fellow Tanks and Healers who ended up finding communities and friends instead to do keys with.

Afraid i’ll keep seeing stories like this so long as pugging remains as controversial as it is.

yes it strange.
I wanted to farm some wyrms with easy +2 keys on my shaman and joined a group with 2 dps.
So basically we were looking for a tank.
Althouth several tanks with ilvl 500+ and 1k score applied, the leader did not invite any of them.
In the end I left the group after 10mins of waiting because I guess the leader wanted a 3k tank or something?

as dps it is certainly hard to get going. If you are below ilvl 510 and applying to +2 keys, it seems you basically will never get a group. There are just too many high ilvl dps farming crests in low keys

not much you can do about that i guess?
Only solution is to play heal/tank and then you will quickly realize the reason why people only invite high ilvl even for a +2

actually every one needs to know everything.
It is just that if the tank covers it in low dungeons, the group will get away with it.
If the tank doesn’t know but a dps or 2 knows what to do, the group will also be fine.

it is just that tanks and healers generally seem to be more invested into the game than the care free dps players that often get carried?
So far I didn’t meet that many terrible tanks. Here and there you got some that actually require healing but 90% I would say are very decent in the +10s I am usually running.

Agree… ive been saying this since for ever…

1-shots are simply not fun.

2 Likes

Play a tank or healer then. You are part of the problem. Best part of forming a group as my tank or healer toon is I can pick out of 100 DPS.

There’s been lack of tanks/healers since this game was lauched 20 years ago.

that because your alts are not your main .

nobody cares if you have 3000 on your main when you que on your alt on which you may not know how to play when they can just pick like 520 farming crests over you.

i find hillarious the amount of people who have like 300 score got carried to +8 and then wonder why nobody sane wants to join their gorup even if they write in description “alt of 3k player”

yeah nobody cares in world where you can filter out anyone below X score - good players dont even see your listing.

1 Like

Brilliant!

I really don’t understand these topics when i get declined for m+ key 50-100+ in a row as a tank. By this logic I should be invited to every key I apply if they are in that high demand. Truly people on forums are out of touch with reality it seems.

1 Like

If you’re a VDH, you get invited quickly. Other tanks can be a struggle.

1 Like

to a +5 key? That is insane lol, no wonder I never say ‘‘hi’’ to these people in pary chats, they are insane!

My prot Pala is 500 ilevel and struggles to get invites into a 6, but my VDH is 485 and get insta into a +4 - I don’t like VDH much though.

Yeah, prot pally seems stronger than VDH, especially for pugs.

Think the problem is that because VDH is op right now, everyone waits for one to queue and ignores other tanks. And because stuff hits hard on fortified, it’s even harder to get in, because sigils are OP

It really isn’t op, I moved away from it cause you take way too much damage on pull. It is probably the worst fortified tank by far. Gimme prot pal or bear druid any time.

Dunno, as healer I must have played with lots of good VDH players then, because they’ve had huge self sustain.

Okay, finally got in a key after ~80 declines as a tank, I must be lucky :smiley: