Season 4 M+

This x100. Pugs are so bad, like guys if you really wanna do keys, join a guild, any, make friends, and learn together, makes all so much easier.

Actually hilarious how hard it is to grasp that there is a difference, even if completing a +10 is within reach for most players. Just because something is doable or easy, doesnt mean it cant get a lot easier. There is a gap. And its pretty big. You either havent done enough m+ on different specs to experience it, or you’re simply willfully blind.

The notion that trying to fix things will ruin other parts of the game is also - for the 15th time - completely false.

You’re advocating not trying to improve things for no good reason at all.

This happens in every game, the meta trickles down. It is also impossible to balance because one comp will always have 0.0001% edge over others, which will show up in data. Other developers deal with it by shaking up the meta frequently to keep things fresh, which blizzard either can’t or won’t do. Just another symptom of trying to shoe horn esport into an MMORPG where it makes no sense.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m pretty sure prot warriors aren’t the only king right now as you can see in the top 10 runs only 1 prot warrior is present.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards

Druids are indeed dominating.

Rogue problems stem from design rather than numbers, and I’m pretty sure blizzard said no redesigning, so they’re here to stay until the end of the expansion, simply nerfing their damage will do nothing but make runs harder for everyone.

However, class representation sucks even more than S2 because lo and behold, blizzard’s solution to the rogue problems turned out to make rogues even more mandatory, not like a HUGE TON of threads that talked about exactly that before S3 started were filling the forums.

1 Like

When the people talk about the balance in the m+ which is affecting them on their classes they don’t mean on the bracket between 1-10. But what you would know when you never surpassed in this expansion the score of 882 and that in the season 2, just checked your RIO.

Which is both not surprising given I dropped this char midway through BoD and also hilarious given I got Keystone conqueror on this character which requires at least a score of 1000.

But yeah what do I know mr. lv 90 alt with hidden profile :thinking:

Blizzard just needs to implement a shared cooldown for shroud on rogues and you’ll see less 3 rogue parties.

1 Like

I am quite certain most forum posters are not even in bracket to discuss the class nerfs based on M+.

2 Likes

That’s too much brainpower to implement, better add new complex mechanics to skip.

1 Like

Well raider IO clearly states that your max was 882 in season 2, and your highest runs were back than the ones of m+11 on this char, a lot of people were doing higher runs back than. For conquer achievement you had to only finish all dungeons in +10.

https://raider.io/characters/eu/draenor/Mûrloc#season=season-bfa-2

you do know that Raider io back then did not record all runs only the ones that made the rankings for that server, which was not exactly easy on draenor unless you did it on reset day, right? :smiley:

And yes I will freely admit on that char I did not do anything beyond a +11, which means I am not the best player and more perfectly qualified than most to say that class balance does not have a huge impact on a weekly +10 group, which is all I ever said in this thread :slight_smile:

It is very easy to attack other poster from the alt … care to post own RIO scores for the sake of fairness ?

Mine is 1800-ish this season. And not even I am in bracket to judge and call for M+ based nerfs. Since you can be with any class and spec on that range. And i will prove that point by doing my other characters score on one of the least played M+ specs - survival hunter.

2 Likes

I’m not attacking anyone, just stating the facts here. And it doesn’t rly matter from what character I post honestly because the things which I said would be same on the any.

Edit : and if you are that high bracket, tell me do you honestly think how the higher you go the imbalance between classes are not starting to get more visible ?

You try to discredit him due to his score while all they claimed AFAIK is that in +10 it doesn’t really matter. You can do your +10-15 with anything and the problem is not classes, but PUGs. And no matter what the actual class balance is - the masses look at MDI and believe that to do their +10 they must have exact comp as world 1st. Whereas their perfect comp +10 would still be slower time in most cases than the other team that has simply better players.

i do not consider 1800 high.And I have done timed runs with all sort of monstrosities. For me as tank at this level really does not matter who heals me. Not in 440 group, no.

On accuracy sake since I post on alt, I am bit under 1800, but if I’d run one of few my 15s into 16 I’d bypass that.

I have to disagree how the class balance is not affecting the keys even on the levels lets say between 10-15 key range just like it is the one betwen +15-20 (or above) range because some advantages of a certain specs don’t just magically disappear because you do a lower range of content.

or let me put it into another angle.It is grievous+sanguine this week. What would your +10 comp be ? Most peple would scream OMG and pull melee off the list. No, not because they have to, but because it is more convenient. I took this evening my BM hunter alt, and decided - I am now survival. Just as is. And made 4-5 M+ runs from 10-13 with melee group, where even healer wanted to be on melee. And honestly had to ask myself - why people see sanguine such of a problem with melee. You just have to aoe things down equally. So all die once, and you move onto next group.

But people see “being a melee a problem in sanguine” - and this is the main problem. Not the class balance, but the mindset.

Many people, who complain about “nerf this and that” do their +5s and +10s, and presume their key was depleted because of their class, and not because of themselves.

1 Like

So it boils down to this:

Assuming you have a group at low skill level, with mediocre gear, consisting of rdruid+pwarr+rogue+dh+x. They just barely manage to complete a 10 on time. Would a group of underdog specs of same skill and gear level manage to complete it on time?

1 Like

Everyone wants to bring the best team possible, with the classes which can perform best at that moment, and than the things which classes can do more damage in the content, perform better due to having better toolkits than some others ( have better damage reductions, can perform well on the move and not lose much damage/healing because of it, have heroism, can stealth the party, have combat res, have more sustainability and self healing ) start to matter, and I don’t think how that has anything to do with the mindset of the people.

On same skill and gear level, yes. Or of course we can bring this question more into detail and you could name me some underdog comps you believe that cannot do it on same skill/gear level. Skill on its own is very subjective measurement.

For example - as i said I have been doing today M+ as survival hunter. Spec I have not played - ever in BfA, when I zoned into dungeon i was still reading spellbook and picking spells out under hotkeys. It has very nice aoe actually and is very mobile. The reason it is - i think - underdog is because it is a melee spec of a class that can be ranged.

But a good player is part of the best team, not the rogue with less rio score.

1 Like

Dude this entire thread is all about the balance between classes, and not about the player skills. The teams with the classes which are more suited for the content and which have the advantages of the better toolkits will always perform the better if we are talking about the players of the same skill level playing them.