Season 4 starts and I am already de-motivated to play

I am also confused.

Normally I would say the same thing : Its a substitute for no content at all.

But on the otherhand we got the Plunderstorm and MoD remix.

Do they know what MY appropriate ilvl is? Or YOURS? Or … They cant say what is the appropriate ilvl for each player. They dont know the skill of people.

What you are asking is absurd.

But OK. Il give you the benefit of the doubt. Imagine that Blizzard said “reccomended ilvl == 470 for a 2+”. What would that change?

You think that by having 470 you will get invites to keys? NO. WHY? Because there will be people with 489 gear quewing for that same 2+. Why should they take you?

So then… what IS the recommended ilvl? 470, what blizz sais, or 489, what most players are actually wearing?

And what about skill? What happens if Blizz sais “470 recommended ilvl”, you show up with 489 gear and STILL wipe? What then? Is it 470 or 489? Or the other way around. I show up with my naked 450 alt and still time a 2+ even though 470 was the recommended value. What then?

You are asking for a ridiculous thing that has ZERO impact.

I did not accuse you of being lazy.

All I said is that you did not play for months. And as a result you got 465 ilvl.

Did I care WHY? NO. All I cared is that you walked to S4 with 20 ilvl LESS than everyone else expecting the same outcome/rewards as everyone else.

And THAT does not work.

You are the one complaining about ilvl… while having 465 ilvl at the start of the season.

It should have been obvious to you by now what the consequences of that were.

I dont know everything. But what I do know is that if you have 20 ilvl less than everyone else, you will be performing that much less than everyone else.

Logic.