Season 4 starts and I am already de-motivated to play

When that’s happened to me it’s because people straight up don’t know mechanics.

I do know them and in current +2 I will and do explain them to people if we wipe. One player even commented yesterday about how helpful the run had been and they’d learned a lot even though we didn’t time it.

1 Like

How would you ever know if it’s drivel or not if you didn’t read it?

You’re trolling. Enough of this.

Yes i also try to explain. But i still already had 2 +2 runs that stopped. 1st boss brackenhide is hard for example. No matter what i tried to explain. We wiped i think 4 or 5 times? Then someone left. It is just really hard. I would like to do it on a bit lower keylevel myself. I got wrecked in there as a tank.

Ishayo does have a point with the 2+ keys…

Everyone got a 2+… everyone posted it, and everyone timed it easelly. You yourself said that you timed most of the ones you did, and untimed only once.

Which is a really, really good record.

And that is what happened. Everyone got a 2+, and quickly (1st day) moved on to something better. Like a 3+ or a 4+.

I timed 1 +2 on mistweaver. I untimed 1 on brewmaster and got 2 unfinished on brewmaster.

But my anecdotal evidence of 4 runs is not the point. It is that a lot of people before were running +2-9 keys, including me on alts and offroles, and i need those keys to learn. A lot of peoples highest keys are like a +10 in a full season too.

I left a brackenhide as brewmaster, as a dps decided to pull all the mobs (including ones you don’t even take) at the start so we just wiped.

We just couldn’t kill the first boss :grimacing: Hardwalled.

It feels like people are expecting the dungeons to behave like the heroic versions we’ve all been doing for a long time, and then get massively caught out by mythic mechs and the difficulty jump.

1 Like

Was it a gear issue? Or people just not following mechanics after your explanation?

I don’t think it was a gear issue. The group at least was full 475+ if i remember correctly. I am 481 on brew.

I think usually in a new season with +39 ilvl you can say we lost about 7 or 8 keylevels by just the new scaling. Now we got another 10 with the squisk. Which means a +2 is about +20 scaled as previous season (maybe with the loss of affixes +18?). I was for sure not able to run +20 on my offrole chars.

Brackenhide was always one of the harder ones in S2.

It’s the first week, everyone is feeling where their skill limit is and adjusting to the dungeons going back to the DF dungeon poll. There was an enormous list of changes too.

The beauty with a +2 is that you can’t end up with a lower key. So if someone is struggling in a +2 they can just go gear up a bit more in the other content that is available and if tactics are an issue maybe look through the dungeon journal, listen to other players, or read a guide etc.

I tentatively started doing +2s on Wednesday and just keep going higher until I feel I hit my limit. There are much better players out there than me doing higher keys but I’m not at that point yet. I worked on getting a base score in all and then building on it a bit.

Pugs vary like chalk and cheese, some have a clue what they are doing and others don’t. I do not really understand people leaving keys the first week of the season but they do. We even had a healer leave us on the second boss in Nokhud in a +2 so we finished it without them. Fortunately being three paladins and a priest we had enough healing between us and even three chested it :dracthyr_hehe_animated:. They will have got score and completion for it too.

The groups are the biggest varying factor in my experience so far. For example my group for Neltharus +2 was a harder slog than the group I had for my +5.

The season has only just started. It’s bound to be a challenging week.

The thing is, i want to go lower. Since +2 is higher than my limit.

1 Like

So do M0s until you feel more comfortable and failing that farm some heroics. I’m sorry if you’ve explained this already but I don’t see the issue other than you seem to want to get score for scoreless content.

I want to do lower than current M0. Thats my whole point. I do not want to do stressfull content that i am basically not capable of doing. Its not fun to fail over and over and over again. I want a slow learning progression where i am in content that i am capable of. And then slowly build it up.

1 Like

You seem to be off to a great start, even timed a 6 Nice!

It’s the start of the season and the disparity in gear (and dungeon knowledge) is always most noticeable now. Start off with the +2s first if you’re feeling out of your depth in them.

You can do lower, it’s M0 and Heroics. The Mythic plus system has been condensed and heroics probably have more relevance now too. You may not like the system but it’s what we have.

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that the highest key I have done is a number below 10 :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Yes, that is on my 10 years experienced main spec.
(because i am actually not a FOTM mistweaver reroller)

I did 3 +2’s on brew and got destroyed. 2 unfinished keys 1 untimed. I tried 1 M0 (halls) and before the first boss we had more than 25 deaths in and group disbanded.

I want old +2-9 to slowly build it up.

1 Like

I just looked you up and you hit 3.2k (nice!) last season, I’m kind of confused by the complaints now.

First boss of BH has tech.

Once you get what that tech is, you will see that you will never ever wipe there again.

And to be honest, lowering the level does not help you see that tech.

In S2 BH 1st boss was always the worst boss. Even though the hardest boss was the last one by far. However, people did not get the tech. Did not do mechanics.

And they did not get it because at lower keys none of that killed you, so you could just YoLo the boss.

If anything, its good that you wiped there. If you did not, you would be part of that clueless crowd in S2 dying to the easiest boss in the dungeon on a 17+ mid-way in the season.

1 Like

How is my 10 year experienced main relevant for the discussion when there are plenty of people maxing out on +10 in previous seasons and i also got chars of other roles where i didnt get over the +10. Or i needed a lot of experience in those +2-10 keys to learn. That i was able to heal up to +26 didnt mean i was able to do an +18 on dps. I got carried to the portals on it by friends.

Not to forget. I got to +26 by starting and learning on +2-5.

1 Like