Season 4 starts and I am already de-motivated to play

We weren’t clueless. We talked about it after the wipes. And lowering the keylevel would make us being able to finish the dungeon.

I totally accept that people who are in or very close to the 0.1% claim we the noobs are doing everything wrong. That is probably true. We are also not playing our chars to the limits of what it is capable of. We lack that skill. I am not sorry for that.

1 Like

You confused me, you seemed to present it as you were struggling to do +2s but now it’s that you’re here to speak for other people.

I don’t agree with you but that’s fine. I thought I was encouraging a casual player but you’re a pro :slight_smile:

You don’t need to play for ten years to determine skill level either.

Both?

I am not a pro at all.

Not 10 years but certainly multiple months to get over the +10 (old keylevel) on alts and offroles. At least i do. Or i do not even get there, example my fire mage.

Current situation; i can do +6 on my main 10 year old experienced mistweaver. I can’t do a +2 on my brewmaster with 1 season experience. And i am a better tank than dps. Imagine me trying out a complete new spec.

1 Like

Will take some time to wrap my head around having to actually heal and do mechanics in a +2 after being able to steamroll +20 a week ago :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This!
I had the same thing happen… Also in previous expansions… In BFA I was a casual, I enjoyed lvling and just doing some low lvl keys on different specs, so it would range from +5-+7 maybe… Some higher some lower…

But its the same thing, trying to form a group as a dps on keys below 10, when you weren’t doing a “Full zug zug, speed run! Only gigachads ressource farm!”
People would barely join… Why would a healer / tank join a +7 when he’ll get invited to a +9, due to the lack of them? Why would they que up for a +6 when +7 gives better reward?

Yes, the +2-9 was probably popping early on in the season or after a minor patch when people got back in / geared the new FOTM class, but at the end, it was like a wasteland…

Also the reason I ended up maining healers… The unbelievable long sitting in LFG waiting for people to que up for my keys… :yawn:

1 Like

IKR!! It’s such a squish :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

We play grab the healer asap when we list keys. They go so fast!

High demand for you atm.

1 Like

Its a hate love relationship to the role… It can be tedious and frustrating to be the punching bag from time to time… But playing all healer specs in both PVP and PVE, has made my friend list remember I exist now the season is renewed xD

So holla at your boy if you need a healer, always ready to throw out the heals

1 Like

dont feel to bad about it.

like 50 % of pugs back in S1 couldnt either on tyranical weeks :smiley:

no matter what key level .

it was actually a nice key - because if you 1 shot the first boss you knew rest of dungeon will be smooth - if you couldnt with bl used - it was obvious that staying in that key would be a waste of time anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly think people forget that season starts are always the hardest curve. There is no fast track gearing. There is no being dragged through on your alt by your friends on their mains. No abundance of sparks to craft etc. Everyone needs everything and people initially can’t trade much either.

Even if you were Mythic geared at the end of last season you are now lower item level than the M0 gives.

1 Like

That’s literally it. I’ve seen mythic geared players from last season trying to pull whole rooms of mobs in normal mythic and instant wiping us from aoe pulses. It’s going to take some getting used to for sure.

which should never be the case.

becaue paradoxaly it hurts much more weak players then good ones.

good ones spam spam spam hard and are already like 500 + itlv and are gucci to progress into 7-9 and higher.

I dont forget that. But we had a solution for it in previous seasons. it were keys starting on +2, not on +12.

See I’m bad!!! I’m not 500 yet :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

The same solution exists. M0 and heroic.

M0 is +10 which is too high and heroic is M0 without mythic mechancs. I want the stuff in between.

Not really… It hurts them in the beginning, because its a slower way to the top, but once they are there, they will probably stay there for longer…

+2-9 was dead during last season, it was relevant when people needed gear, but once they got it, new players was suffering. “Haha you can’t join my +2 because you have no exp”, “haha I wont join your +2 when I can do a +4 for better reward”…

Why do +6 when they can do +7 with essentially no difference?

THAT hurt the casuals, that hurt the dps players…

I played the whole season <10 keys. What do you mean they are dead?

The problem now is that people are doing +2s expecting to fly through and they’re massively undergeared and blizzard forgot to tell them that they should have been farming 20s to get 480 ilevel gear last season. Also, people forgot mechanics so it’s even worse.

Casuals probably wouldn’t have done 20s so they’re gonna be stuck at low keys, making it a struggle for them as well as for better geared people in the groups (because of wipes and disbands).

If blizzard want to dissuade casuals from doing mythic plus it’s not going to happen, plus later in the season, there will still be bads in higher keys - this will never go away.

M+ has always been accessible content that doesn’t require a large dedication of time and skill, so it’s bound to attract people who don’t want to do mythic raid, but who want a bit more challenge - it’s not always going to be only hardcore players who want this. So I don’t get blizzards thinking really.

1 Like

And I played barely being able to form a group without waiting for ages or getting instantly declined to keys below my ilvl… So “What do you mean they are not dead?”