Shadow Oil has an interal cooldown - BUG

I and a lot of other paladins have done tests resulting in more than tens of thousands of hits while shadow oil was applied to the weapon.

Our tests shows that the proc rate is around 5-10% depending on weapon speed.

We later figured out why people were reporting so variable proc chances. Shadow Oil has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds, so the faster you strike the lower your proc chance.
We have A LOT of data to support this claim. I have chosen not to include the data here, and instead I will link to the US bug report (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/show-oil-does-not-have-a-flat-15-proc-rate-in-classic/396138/5) as it should contain more than plenty information.

This is not vanilla-like. In fact, even Frost Oil doesn’t have an internal cooldown.

Were internal cooldowns on items even a thing until TBC?

In any event: please fix this. A lot of paladins are waiting for this - and why leave them hanging for so long when it is in no way, shape or form gamebreaking? Let us have some fun, dear Blizzard <3

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe new years eve.

PS: if Blizzard actually cares, this fix should be incredibly easy. I can’t imagine it being much worse than removing a “10” and replacing it with a “0” in some table. Please let us know that you are at least looking into it, so we can stop submitting bug reports.

18 Likes

This has to be adressed, shadow oil is a huge part of paladins dmg in classic with the new meta of spelladin, if this wont be fixed we have a lot of our dps taken away.

2 Likes

Not really an issue if you’d just play a real spec instead

13 Likes

Some people want to have fun in game, not playing mode for wheelchairs and pressing one button on raid bosses :wink:

5 Likes

So your solution to item not working as intended is that play other spec? Damn the logic of mentally 6y old is shining, hope ye grow a pair oneday <3

10 Likes

No, I’m saying the spec isn’t worth playing in the first place, so shadow oil being bugged doesn’t matter.

It’s kinda like if rank 6 heroic strike, and only rank 6 heroic strike was bugged and did too little damage, it wouldn’t matter, since it’s not something you’d use anyway.

It is great that you are perfectly content being a mage Narcind, and I hope your class isn’t disastrously bugged.

Ours, however, is. You may not be able to understand why we want to play a “meme” spec, but that really doesn’t matter.

Some of us wants to push the limits of what is considered “not a real spec” - that includes melee moonkins, spelladins, melee hunters, spell power rogues, spell power warriors, hell - even a warlock tank, why not?! Do you know WHY we want to push those limits? … to have fun.

For many of those specs Shadow Oil is an integral part of the puzzle, which means that at least I can’t have the fun that I want until it’s fixed… which ultimately means one less subscriber.

8 Likes

Found the toxic min-maxer.

5 Likes

Imagine managing to contribute literally nothing to a thread.

Also bump.

So you’re esentially trying to polish a turd.

He’s the one wanting to minmax something that isn’t minmaxable, because it’s bad. Not me.

1 Like

Blizzard Please look into this and fix, btw why no bug report forums on EU?

2 Likes

Everything is min/maxable. You can min/max a naked dwarf warrior. Does it mean it will become competitive? No. Is that necessarily our aim? No, it’s not.

It doesn’t change the fact that, right now, the Shadow Oil bug is effectively making the game worse for a lot of people. For some, like me, it’s a game-breaking bug that might end our subscription soon enough.
This is literally the difference between viability and an unpolished turd, as you so eloquently put it.

Not only that - it is INCREDIBLY frustrating that the fix undoubtfully would take like… what, 10 seconds to implement? Yet, it is not being done. That right there is enough to make a customer leave for good.

3 Likes

What they are?

That feeling when you dread the coming of BWL because your class doesn’t function correctly… please fix Shadow Oil blizzard <3

some kind of demonic ritual must have gone badly wrong
I see a lot of Warlock souls trapped inside the body of a Paladin.

this must be the worst fade of them all
imagine someday you are reliand to proc your shadowbolts
…low chance
…a cooldown
…rank 3
…50% sp scaling
spending 30g/h to keep it active

And yet…

with all that being said…

it would be GLORIOUS! …if blizzard would actually fix this

So Blizzard decided to not fix an old bug (!), because it wasn’t fixed until TBC - but they "fixed’ something that wasn’t even broken?

I would suspect this is a carry-over from their retail engine, but I can’t know for sure… What is sure is that every day that goes I lose more faith in them, and eventually will quit because of it.

If you guys want Shadow Oil fixed, please bump this thread, post in game bug reports and even make tickets. That is the only way to get heard I guess.

Let’s hope this gets fixed. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just one of thousand things that are not exactly like vanilla, it’s just simply impossible to catch them all in one conversion.

reupped for visibility

2 Likes