Shadowlands: A Look at Covenant Class and Signature Abilities *Updated 5/13

And i plan to reply do you have the correct covenant ability for said tank spec :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No me have no covfefe ability at all and you still take me, you know it :sunglasses:

I donā€™t mind these abilities being tied to covenants as much as other people, but I agree with the statement that there should be an easy way to switch between them, OR disable them in all PvP content that isnā€™t open world PvP and all dungeon / raid content.

While the second option would feel like an incredible waste of opportunity, these covenants will be unbalanced, thereā€™s no way thereā€™d be any kind of balance inbetween the few.

Unless you make it easily accessible to swap between abilities (by letā€™s say completing every covenant once and thus being able to swap) or by not tying them to covenants, itā€™s going to be a major pain, and most definitly not a fun experience at all.

People being declined for pug groups due to ā€œwrong covenantā€, proper raiders being forced to play multiple of the same characters due to covenant abilities being strong for specific different scenarios, etc.

I personally donā€™t know how well youā€™ll be able to switch inbetween abilities, if at all, but I see many potential dangers in these abilities.

Canā€™t wait to read on my Ally alts fƶr plus 7 Keys This :smirk::+1:t5:

I go to Venthyr regardlessā€¦
I play holy priest, kyrian or maldraxxus will probably be better, however I go Venthyir no matter what!!!

1 Like

Blizz, I am BEGGING you. Let us have a way to change our covenant powers. If Iā€™m a mage and Iā€™m doing PvP, the Venthyr covenant ability sounds really good. But then once I do raid content, the ability might not even be proccable on the boss. He might not cast anything or be slowed, rootable or silenced.

Some of us love the theme of one covenant, but hate the ability, or maybe a ability from a covenant with a theme you hate has a great ability. Night fae covenant ability sounds like it has a lot of combo capabilities but good lord I hate that covenant theme and transmog

A lot of players will pick a covenant for the ability, but if you donā€™t give us an option to change or quickly swap, players will not be enjoying their characters because their character is not representing the theme they have in their head for their character and the world around them. If Iā€™m a holy paladin and pick Necrolord because they have the best or maybe even the coolest ability for the content I do, every time I go back to my covenant Iā€™m gonna feel out of place.
Itā€™s best for us to go back to a covenant that represents our classes theme or even the theme of our characters that we have in our heads so we can feel comfortable in our covenants, and then having one ability that might be a bit out of theme, like a holy paladin having a shadow ability.

There are always going to be people who say we donā€™t need to pick what is best unless we are the 1%, but we also have to accept the fact that a large portion of players enjoy playing what is best, and will not feel like they are dragging their dungeon or raid group behind because they donā€™t have the best build, which leads to people feeling bad and overall a bad experience.

You can prevent so much damage by just having one system. Just please, let us be able to swap covenant powers.

1 Like

Will be choosing purely on fun factor and looks of X-mog so iā€™ll wait for more info on those.
The signiture abilities will hopefully see rapid balance changes so as not to shoehorn raiders and pvpā€™ers into one faction.

Nah mate ill take Jimmy over there who took vantyr on his prot warrior.

2 Likes

Sry Jimmy is busy pushing method plus 23 cause of his covenant choice.
XD I canā€™t take this serious, sry. They wonā€™t be as impactful as inflated demands from alliance keyholderz are.

As i see them now they are like talents, talelnts are not a 1-3% dps increses. Just by looking at the covenant abillities for warlocks wiht no numbers atached i can tell you that the vampire one will be a huge dps increse compared to the necrolord one for M+ and reversed for raiding, the bastion one will be a waste because its arcane dmg and it will not scale with our mastery on all our specs.

1 Like

So prepare mentally to switch them in between season where adjustments might be made.
They gotta keep played metrics running somehow :drooling_face:

And thats ok to you ?

1 Like

I plan to get each set from each covenant so I will have to do this grind 4Ɨ4 at least. If my main cover 4 it will not add anything to my planned workload.

I mean they have Big Data and almost AI and they still do tweaks and changes to talents, essences, abilities. So this ring of nerfs and balances, ā€œoh we totally didnā€™t expect these broken ghost wolf healsā€, is a way this enterprise is running. Itā€™s not 2004, they have the data.

Good on you mate have fun with that. I for one dont like to grind and re-grind reps 8 different times for a simple talent change.

2 Likes

I will try each covenant for my main, but I doubt I will regrindā€¦ same twice
If the m+ rewards be capped at plus 15 I can safely be unoptimal and still get pve chores in check. Cause well I know people call my keys medium, so they arenā€™t meant for optimal players. I should be able to sneak in groups :innocent:

Look if they are as incignificant as you believe they would be, i wouldnt mind them , heck ill even be the class clown that picks the arcane bomb thing because why not if its just a %1 dps increase and no one cares about it. But as we have seen time and time again, just recently with corruptions mind you, blizzard are incapable of balancing things.

1 Like

I literally ignored my recommended stat weight with mastery stack and went haste vers cause I felt I like it more, my minor azerite is unoptimal from what I have read but I still can manage do weekly fine.
Neither do I change smth for fortified weeks or other Affixes, though I have purification protocol and Iris.

Comparing me now to me struggling to get above mythic plus 6 back in 8.1 when I came back to wow I think minmaxing is good but not the most important thing.

You can count one thing for sure: there wonā€™t be many new dungeons so after season 1 it will be piece of cake to navigate them

this will be the worst thingā€¦even some people say 1 ability doesnā€™t mean anything im sure top players will not say the same otherwise they wont change into details from recountā€¦what i wanna say is donā€™t mix up covenant with class abilities it will start the imbalance. For covenant we already have signature abilities . Donā€™t let us end up like chose covenant for abilities rather then story base

4 Likes

Again not talking about minor azerite or stat wieghts , we are talking about doing dps to maut without using sword of vengeance(sry im not sure if that th correct name of the 2x holy power generator) or aoeing without Divine storm.

1 Like

I honestly do not believe this is comparable.
My only AOE spender vs 1 AOE button I press once in a letā€™s say minute or two?

I think it is more like Iris t3 vs crucible t3. Few % tops
Plus if I will be stuck with Iris type Covenant perk I can always fish for Motherload/Freehold type of key to get weekly done with higher dps.

I get that people are scared to get trapped with echoing Vendorstrike ability when other be with TD