Shadowlands Class Updates

So far the mistweaver changes look, let’s say mediocre at best. There was a reason why the healing orbs were removed, it just doesn’t work. I don’t think a second Revival is a good thing as well, even less if you make dispell boss mehanic again ( Restless Cabal and Il’gynoth).

The upgraded WotC isn’t bad but we first have to see the cooldown it has and mana cost (since excuse me but 25% mana on a spec, already having mana issues, is a bit too much). I won’t even talk about how bad is our covenant ability ( and it shows you kinda lack vision about monks in general since nothing related to monk class abilities has changed since blizzcon, this isn’t an Azerite piece to stack 3x Work In Progress) .

Total agree with the mog stuff. Even if hunters are never given dual wield viability, fact is they can, so it should be a mog option. I agree with this for all classes except mogging ranged to melee etc.

Regarding what I said earlier about viability, it’s not that straight forward. If a class can DW and 2hand for the same spec you have to balance how all their abilities scale with each setup, balance “weapon strike” abilities so they factor in both setups and additionally AA damage, as well as differences due to enchants etc. Monks and DKs have had this attempted before so it’s less work than putting this in place for a class that’s never had it before like Hunter, animations as the least of the concerns, it’s about making it so one setup is not utter trash to the other (they’ll probably never be perfectly in sync), and that requires a lot of tampering and fiddling. As said it’d be cool for hunters, I just don’t see it happening but it would be awesome if I’m wrong.

So far i really like the Monk changes, the only thing i see that could be problematic is the ToD Change for Windwalker, changing it to where it only will become an Execute, will hurt Monks already bad Single-Target performance even more and Xuen in it’s current state will not be a good replacement, since even the 6% damage increase from Hit Combo outshines Invoke Xuen. Either keep ToD as it is, and only tweek it, or buff Monks overall damage to not rely on ToD anymore.

Marksmanship hunter not viable again in M+ and MDI YEY,

Still Trick shot is in the game, still Marksmanship is not viable.

MDI team take like 9-12 mobs, how the Fword marksmanship is limited to 6 target max ??
MM hunter multi-target deal the same damage than any class bewteen 3-6, after 6 and under 3 he’s totally not viable.

Come on blizzard you don’t go in Hunter EU forum ? Listenning feedback ?
We asked MM hunter viability from a long time in M+ and PvP and we given option how to make it viable and nothing done ?

I hope Blizzard listen quick the crying help of hunter before it too late.

Or i may stop MM hunter and be gone for an another class in Shadowland. I already forced myself playing BFA in PvP Being not viable as MM hunter and being benched too in M+ because of trick shot.
I don’t want an another BFA unviability again

Yea, DH tank nerfed to ground.

Let Fury warriors use 1h again, loads of warriors have been asking for that for years. plz <3

1 Like

‘‘Heart of the Wild is coming back’’
‘‘Barkskin & Cyclone baseline’’
God bless

1 Like

Overall feedback:

• Bring back snapshotting

Mage feedback:

• Bring back MOP version of Altered Time, with snapshot of procs, buffs etc. It makes all 3 specs much more interesting and fun as well as adding some decision making.

Sounds like fire will be pretty much the same but with more combustion uptime? Spamming more pyros isn’t exactly interesting or fun gameplay. More uptime on the one and only cd we have makes it less impactful. Not sure how to phrase it. It doesn’t make any changes to what you do, you just hit the same buttons a bit faster more often without any thought.

• Bringing back the old combustion would make the spec engaging and fun again, at least to me. Managing trinkets, procs, heating up and pyro(with Altered time???) line everything up together to make the biggest ignite possible before unleashing a massive combustion which you can then spread to burn down the enemies was very satisfying when you pulled it off.
    It adds more complexity and give you something to look forward to.

I also miss MOP/WOD arcane gameplay. Sounds like some of it is coming back with the new mana management and another stack of Clearcasting.

• Enlightened increases mana regen when you screw up and don’t manage your mana? I think it would be more rewarding if you had to manage it properly and don’t get extra mana regen if you fail to manage your mana. If it’s going to be a talent you can opt out of that anyway if you don’t want to get punished by playing poorly.

TLDR; revert fire/arcane mage back to MOP and build on that instead. Without invocation pls :wink:

Hunter feedback:

• Bring back black arrow and explosive shot.
3 Likes

Some things i like, some i don’t, guess i gotta see myself.

1 Like

deleted post

Why cant Shadow be revamped already? Voidform is very clunky

1 Like

Can you now see the problem when it comes to class design? I didn’t like my priest in cata much anymore and stopped playing it. Picked it up again in Legion and I personally enjoy it way more than the orb system. Whatever they do, they will always upset someone.

True but something has changed since legion. There is Mythic+ on the table and it really sucks if your spec of choice is less than competitive for that dungeon format.
In raids the fights last long enough for the uptime and downtime of the voidform to average out. In a dungeon you can find yourself being just out of voidform before a moment that you need to nuke something

I am curious but, one of the main points mentioned on Blizzcon was that Totems and Auras are returning. Every Paladin will have auras back with one now being reworked into a…dubious state.

But what about the totems? Healing stream (for DPS) and Searing totem (For all specs) is all? Especially with the competition getting more utility for M+ will we see any new meaningful utility introduced? Things like: Wind rush totem baseline, Reinc totem baseline for resto, slow totem replaced with earth grab totem?

Plus hopefully they will clear up a few things, how will Flametongue weapon work, will Resto now be considered a Melee heal?

AND Frost. I took one quick look at Frost Mage, see that they’re not ditching the insipid Flurry for the proper mage’s Frostfire Bolt, lost interest. This isn’t serious.

I’m a bit confused by what it’s referring to in the druid changes but it sounds like there’s an eclipse bar comming back which was an absolute trash gameplay gimmic a few years ago, i pray to god that’s not coming back.

Second note, why change star fall… The targeting area is always better than the area around you else you now have to move inwards to cast an aoe on the tanks mobs…

The biggest miss for balance druids is new moon, why is this amazingly unique spell still not baseline! i want to play it but it’s never viable!

As for paladins i’m glad Holy power is coming back fod all specs was so much fun during MoP.

Would love to see Eternal Flame for Word of Glory back as well.
Not to mention Holy paladin mastery needs to be removed it’s not fun at all and is the only mastery in game with a negative effect, the mop shield mastery was bar far the best!

P.S WotlK Divine Storm animation and sound glyph!

I tried but I couldn’t see any changes or unpruning for havoc DH?

Can we also get Holy Radiance back for holy paladins please.

Elemental looks promissing - it’s still not a MoP class design - rather WoD one but still better than now. I don’t understand Chain Heal on all specs? It’s not efficient anyway. I hope that Covnenant spells will be gone or added as new talent row/baseline spells. If this is going to happen I’m 100% back to retails with my friends. If not we will keep playing Classic waiting for TBC.

You unfortunately can’t unprune what has never been pruned :s

Hopefully there’s more fundamental changes than merely taking two talents and giving them back as baseline abilities, but after seeing the post my expectations are pretty low…