Shadowlands flickering badly after update to Nvidia 460.89

New nvidia patch out today, did it help for anyone?

Not for me atleastā€¦

Iā€™m using amd gpu, but Iā€™m also having flickering since last week. Especially on this paladin character, where I also have the not visible guild and guild chat bug. E.g. on my mage, where everything is fine (not having the guild bug), the game runs smooth.

Also when I play on my paladin, along with the flickering, the fans of my gpu suddenly turn on, as something uses it heavily and causes warming up. (Radeon RX 5600 XT - MSI gaming X, AMD Ryzen 5 3600).

This game shouldnā€™t be a problem for my setup at 1080p, yet since last week, my paladin is bugged and itā€™s like Iā€™m running some of the latest AAA games at max settings while Iā€™m playing it.

Nvidia GeForce 466.11 WHQL
Known Issues:
[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]

Nvidia couldnĀ“t care less about Blizzard at this point.

And now that AMD GPUĀ“s are having the same issue, we all know whoĀ“s fault is it.

1 Like

I almost never post here, because I donā€™t want to be a bother for the devs/support, but this specific issue is becoming critical.
Nvidia does itā€™s best to actually patch security leaks, and here I am, forced to run an insecure system, just because I canā€™t play a game I pay a monthly subscription for if I update my drivers.

Can you at least give us an indication which party involved (Blizzard, Nvidia or Microsoft) is responsible for fixing this issue so I can maybe try and direct my concerns to the correct party? This has been ongoing for months now, and I just do not believe it is actually being looked into thoroughly enough to be quite honest.

6 Likes

Still no fix in sight it seems. Blizz, anything you can do here? The issue prevails for nearly half a year now. How is that ok for you?

5 Likes

Yeah this is crazyā€¦
Game is quite unplayable with everything flickering. And itā€™s ONLY in WoW. What will be done about this?

5 Likes

Weekly reminder that this issue still persists

6 Likes

Next nVidia drivers and still no fix.

Open Issues in Version 466.27 WHQL

[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game[3206341]

3 Likes

I havent updated my drivers for a while, (Although i did have some of the patches), I started recieving this with 466.27. RTX 2070 super here. If I change a setting like triple buffering, the flicker goes away from objects that had thjem, and might reappaer randomly on other objects. I was scared my video card is having issues.

2 Likes

ā€¦or i have to wait another couple of months?

2 Likes

SSAO: Off Solved the flickering fog in the maw and Venā€™ari outpost

1 Like

tnx it reduced my flickering alot but it didnt remove it completely

Is there any hope for us?
Driver after driver update and still no fix to this.
Itā€™s really bad for the eyes, thereā€™s no permanent fix that will sort this problem out.

Why should anyone be forced to fiddle with options and even lower graphics just to ensure that a broken problem is ā€˜patched upā€™ but not officially fixed?

Do we have ANY official word about this?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only just found this forum somehow. Iā€™m so glad I did. I thought it was just me and my PC playing up. I dont get any artifacts on Direct 11 and WoW runs smooth. But as soon as I turn it over to 12, bits of the environment start flickering. This has been a persistent problem for months and months now. Is there a video guide on how to reset your NVIDIA drivers back to where this problem doesnā€™t exist? Thanks

1 Like

Turned out to be g-sync in the nividia-panel for me. It got switched on on its own.

Hello Blizzard? Any news?
As in: we are still working on it dear customers, no worries. Or is it a ping pong game of blame and in the end no one wants to fix it?

I mean seriously, months now. No blue response update, nothing.

I pity the helpdesk workers over at Blizzard! I hope you guys have a lovely time, because if it takes months to even get a little update from the devs, I donā€™t imagine itā€™s a nice workplaceā€¦

2 Likes

Because its NOT a Blizzard Problem. Why would they respond? nVidia has even ADMITTED that the fault is with their drivers.

Issue could be with WoW though.
Itā€™s not happening with any other game; it started happening in WoW since BfA and from what I heard itā€™s then that something got done with WoW textures after a specific patch.

But honestly, whether itā€™s NVidia or WoW issue, I really want SOME information on it.
This has been going on for months, game looks weird, flickering is so bad for eyes and trying any of these ā€˜temporary fixesā€™ either kills performance or aesthetics of the game.

1 Like

Itā€™s in a known issues list in the driver notes