Shadowlands Unpruning of Classes <3

No I’m not saying I’m the only one who gave feedback on this topic, but my posts were quite in-depth and clearly made an impact. More “coincidences” I see is that they’re adding more customization options after I gave feedback about BFA armor and race customization being bland. and Ion even hinted at Classic-style spawns in the Maw which is something else I gave feedback with too many graveyard points in retail. SOMEONE at Blizzard is clearly taking note of player feedback on the forums.

2 Likes

This is a back-and-forth I don’t like.

They created the “bring the spec not the class” thing to make each spec feel different and that was hailed as a great feature and it might have been, I’m not even sure.

Now they take it away cause “bring the class not the spec” so what was the point of the first?

This feels a lot like that Classic bullcrap to me.

2 Likes

Loooooooooooooooooooooool. One of the funniest things I’ve read, not even kidding.

12 Likes

No, not searing totem please!!!

Please do not attach any mechanic to it like laca lash, just make it a thing to have but not required.

Just my thoughts too, brother shaman.

1 Like

Yeah, very in-depth posts with tons of useful suggestions, you surely saved WoW.

6 Likes

You are not expected to like every mount.

Another typical “VINZORA” post.

Yes yes yes!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

I know right? It’s a real shame. I was really hoping we’d get 2H Frost back. Not giving up yet though.

1 Like

More buttons =/= Better gameplay.

Guild Wars 2 is as complex (arguably more so) as World of Warcraft and they don’t force 30+ keybinds on their players. It’s not about how many abilities we’ve got, but rather how fun they are to use and how well they synchronize with other abilities.

So come Shadowlands, DPS warriors now have to change to shields again in order for their defensive CDs to function? Or is it just for Shield Block? If it is, then what’s the point? No doubt some people like the aesthetic of changing weapons in combat. Personally, I was never a fan, and changing weapons mid combat was not a very stable mechanic. Server lag could screw you over. So what’s the point? “Class identity”?

No, I’m not happy about the “unpruning”. It doesn’t seem entirely thought through, to me.

5 Likes

I hope Rogues will get Burst of Speed back, at least for PvE (because some players whined they weren’t able to kite Rogues, LOL). It was awesome for soloing old dungeons/raids.

1 Like

I still don’t want Holy spells when I’m playing as a Shadow Priest.
Or Shadow spells when I’m playing as a Holy Priest.
I don’t like that half-and-half. I want to commit.

But the general community wants otherwise, so… :no_mouth:

2 Likes

To be honest, I just don’t care unless we get old SW: Death back.

If I can’t cheese polymorph, it’s just flavor that will rarely ever get used.

3 Likes

That probably won’t happen, because the reason it was removed/changed was that its intended effect (acting as an execute) was difficult to balance with its clever-use-of-game-mechanic-usage (acting as a crowd-control breaker).

The latter was never meant to be, it was an unforeseen side-effect.

I was honestly hoping for some news about 2h Frost. Was even watching the Q&A expecting someone would ask about it. And instead we get a silly question like “Is Chronicles canon”… wtf kind of question is that?

1 Like

Yep I know exactly what you mean of all the questions to ask why that one.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that, premonition does functionally the same thing, using damage to break CC, so priest’s ability to use SWD or SWD-esque stuff for cc-breaking is still alive and well.

Not saying it gets re-added, but the “balance” aspect of it’s CC-break is covered as is, so that surely shouldnt be the primary concern.

I really hope to see stances return to warriors.

4 Likes

Sure, you’re completely right. But the balancing point of it is that Shadow Word: Death was a default ability. You have to use a PvP talent for Premonition. So it costs to get the benefit – the cost of not getting something else. I think that’s how Blizzard squares it.