Shadowlands: You should be able to choose ALL covenants

True I do feel like the start and end of wow xpacs atm seem to be a free for all frenzy so it might be a case of its just haywire till 9.1

but whats the point of having an alpha and beta if they are going to ignore class balance untill we get out of beta and the game is on live servers?

did you forget about azerite armour? people were saying for the majority of alpha and beta that it was a huge problem blizzard failed to listen and it was a complete and utter failure, which is why they have had to basically change every aspect of the system since release.

which is why people need to as vocal as they can possibly be right now, because if we just ignore it and dont say anything we will end up with a complete waste of the first patch of the expansion, they need to take player feedback now and listen to it so that we dont end up with the game only being properly playable in 9.1

There is nothing to try with you really, since you are well known here.
I hope, this is just your forum trolly persona and you are not like this irl.

Play more the “victim that bite back card”, this is the last time I reply to you tbh.

1 Like

Do you mean it’s better or worse?

I’m sure it won’t be.
Bullies like yourself can’t resist picking on someone.

For being awesome. Yeah I know.

My irl friends would now laugh really hard. :grin:

To be fair though, irl I of course add my incredible charisma and natural charm to whatever I say, so of course people hang onto my every word. Everyone loves me and thinks of me like a living god. But I’m going off topic now…

alpha is not for balance, its more for the big stuff, stability and such. beta is where they try to work on smaller bugs and balance, but still without the full picture (a whole population) for a long period of time, its impossible to achieve that. stop trying to rush it.

a programmer will always prefer to look at the actual tester than the one who heard something but never actually experienced it.
there is a problem, and blizzard know it, of streamers and youtubers influencers. players never tried shadowlands watch them and then say what the influencers say.
ill wait for the release of the game, and then i will have my own opinion.

but yes, they do take feedback… from the testers.

with that i wont argue, i dont know why they were so adamant on that system on release, a system many testers did not enjoy. maybe the top guys there said “dont worry, people will love it”.

Almost everyone knows this will be the case. The question is why does it have to be like this ? Why do we need to wait months, sometimes years for things can be fixed. Should i really start buying expansions long after the X.3 path when the “fixes” are implemented.

Do you ?

Not if the other groups are smaller than 20%. Boy at this point warlocks are starting to be your least favorite class.

1 Like

You called?

Because it’s genius, it’s a cost effective way to manipulate player retention. The more front-loaded and functional the game is the quicker it’s over. Instead now we have all these mandatory systems that get slightly better and more bearable every once in a while and I’m guessing people come back more frequently than they would if all they had to do was re-sub for a new raid tier.

I’m of course just talking out of my äss but the other explanation is that the people working at blizzard have absolutely no idea what they’re doing which seems unlikely.

“it just works”

. >.> - not todd howard

Rush? This is the exact same issue now as it was 9 months ago at Blizzcon.

the entire point of the alpha and beta is to try and get the game to a workable state, that incluedes class balance, they are just generally bad at listening to feedback and getting class balance done.

i didnt have to test the covenants to know that if they were trying to lock us into a choice that would be a terrible idea, much like i know that i dont have to visit egypt to know that it will be incredibly hot and it would make me sweaty, its fairly easy to know how this kind of thing will pan out through previous experience.

this is a perfect example of a system that based on what information that we got through alpha and beta most people knew it would be a mistake, even those who didnt get to test it, they barely even gave people a chance to test it as it was put onto the beta so late, and even then its fairly obvious outside of the odd balance changes here and there they had basically given up on the system and had already started just working on essences instead, hence why they never truly fixed some of the main issues with the system. just tried to work around it

thank you…

Many people said that about :
-Legion Legendaries
-BFA traits
-Islands
-Warfronts
-GCD Changes

Turns out, nein. Turns out once it went live, all of those who tought it was fine turned against those system.

I know, we all change opinions, but it’s about gameplay here. And Blizzard would only listen to those who are saying “it’s fine”, thus ignoring all worries.

Obviously, if covenants were only aboot mounts, pets, transmogs then I’m pretty sure it would be overall more accepted by playerbase.

They WERE fine. I loved them.

That IS fine. Hasn’t bothered me one bit. I couldn’t care less.

The other points you raised; not completely true… yeah they sucked, but a lot of those were already getting harsh comments during testing.

Nope. That’s hyperbole.
As per my first 2 comments above.

They’d also be a lot less interesting to choose. But meh. Whatever.

the legiondaries were fine themselves it was the collection of them that was the major problem, the fact that they put a system in game that meant some people could have 3 or 4 legendaries in the first week if they got lucky and other people had to wait well over a month to get their first,

and then on top of that they would talk about people being able to farm stuff and not mention for a few months that they had put a soft cap on it, meaning people that already had 3 or 4 had a much lower chance of getting more even though they were putting in as much effort as others,

the fact that people had the ability to get a legendary that was completely useless other than being a stat stick, like the original variant of sephuz’s secret that only triggered on CC or silence and such, and some classses literally couldnt proc it but were stuck with that as their only legendary for the entire first tier of the expansion, its incredibly naive to say that legiondaries were fine

the overall system sucked for the first half of the expansion before they fixed it

Because you don’t do any end game and don’t care about character power progression.

Same thing. If something doesnt affect you it doesnt mean that it doesnt affect other players.

you had it mention it ? you literally ruined your entire post with this sentence…
legion legendaries are known as one of the best and balanced system they had in a long long time.

i got the best legendary for monk dps very early so i was happy with that.

if rng is the problem, dont play wow. wow was always all about rng since release.
and anyway, i havent seen many people complain about the rng of legendaries.

please explain ?
i dont understand whats the problem here.

Legendaries were fine, their initial acquisition was really bad. Now in Shadowlands they are hard fixing by not making it RNG from the start.

I do think it was bad, at first. More especially when the first legendary I got was agrammar’s (You know, the one that increases speed for plate class). I got my bis (Which as a ret was back) in the later legendaries.

Yeah, you were lucky. I was not so I was quite upset aboot those useless boots.

Had Blizzard implemented legendaries vendor in 7.0, I would be fine with that system.

Yes, before they fixed it. Which shouldn’t be the case at all, a system should be functionnal at launch.

My first legendary was agrammar. It sucks, it’s useless, it does not even change my rotation, does not make it better.

No, it’s not. You just use a spell and you suddently need a defensive spell. You can’t, because said defensive spell is GCD locked.

Wow is about reaction, whereas gcd lock is against reaction. Blizzard said “We want defensive spells being reactive” → They can’t, if they are locked for a stupid GCD.

It’s simple : If it’s frustrating, then change is bad. Otherwise, it can be good.

I do think it’s the contrary. People are driven by cosmetics in modern wow, thus cosmetics are an impactful and meaningful choice.