Should classic era be reset?

How many people paid for a clone to have their classic characters sit on empty servers?

Would people who play on classic era rather have their T3 characters or start fresh on reset classic era servers (with chronoboon removed, everything is the same as 2019-2020 classic)

If they would then we could have a classic era fresh to run alongside season of mastery and the majority of people get to be happy

Except for: people who want an exact replica of vanilla (patches, gear, talents etc) and people who paid for a clone

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Short answer, no. Long answer, people paid for the clone so they won’t reset it.

4 Likes

I did not pay for a clone, nor am I yet T3 (maybe not in your targe group then :wink: ), so I prefer Era servers to stay.
However I would not be adverse to new Era servers / fresh Classic with no changes (the 2019 edition) as long as the old Era servers remain or get merged to one of each (1PvP, 1 PvE, 1RP-PvE).

I honestly thought that the new fresh realms would be Classic era from Phase 1, like it was in 2019 and no changes.

5 Likes

it would be interesting if someone just pressed the button, who knows what would happen.

I honestly think I would give up. :cry:

Lol, why would you think that? There was/is a lot of information about som, there was even a lot of info easy to access before blizz announced it. No one ever posted and said it would be a second remaster.

1 Like

I paid for one clone but don’t use it because it’s no fun when the servers are so empty. Also would prefer a fresh start over old servers. Would play a fresh era server assuming enough people rolled there and stuck with it.

1 Like

What did people paying for a clone really expect? Did they expect people who had been farming Naxxramas for 5-6 months to want to keep clearing it instead of playing the “new” content that was TBC for a few months? Did they expect people who were raidlogging for the entirety of classic to suddenly start leveling alts?

Why would you expect anything other than dead servers?

1 Like

Yes. It should.

1 Like

Yes, please. Keep one pvp and pve for those who cloned chose Era tho. Come on Blizzard, you had Phase 1 fresh on PTR for a long time. The only thing I would have liked was the increased node/herb spawns, but I’d sacrifice that for a Classic Era Fresh.

4 Likes

The Era servers were doomed to begin with (as were TBC) since the bots and maffias had been running rampant a full year before TBC went live (some even at the very start with black lotus, layer exploits). Since Blizzard didnt stop the bots, didnt stop the goldsellers, didnt remove the excess of black lotus or discourage any maffia behaviour the server economy was ruined worldwide.

One could argue that a reset of the Era servers is warranted but if nothing will be done about the problems I mentioned then its completely pointless.

Assuming Blizzard does at it always does (ignore solving community/bot/goldseller problems) then SoM would be a better solution. Since it wont matter that much if the server economy gets ruined, and people will most likely be less inclined to wanna amass that kind of wealth knowing its shortlived.

I dont really like either option though.
I would had preferred to see a SoM but 2 years plan instead, with phase 1-5 progressing as they did in classic, but shorten down phase 6 so it comes out with 6 months left of the season. That last part might be unpopular to some but I really hate how OP the Naxx gear is and its effect on the game.

Also no fing world buffs in raids, really like that change for SoM. I was just in a casual guild but I was main/offtanking the raids so I had to get all the buffs or I wouldnt stand a chance on threatmeter against our fully buffed dps.
People really shouldnt complain that the content is too easy when they stack so many buffs that we cant use regrowth in raids cuz we could lose our buffs due to buff limits…

1 Like

The only way to fight botting seriously is by using actual GMs. Do you think that Blizzard is going to do it? I dont

1 Like

That would add insult to injury to wipe the characters people paid to be on ERA. Would be a terrible business move.

1 Like

You smoking or what?
They are making fresh for people wanting fresh.

You sound like disgruntled gold farming lol.
Imagine playing and main reason is farming gold lol.

Blizzard have said in the past they have a team to look into botting, the poor guy must be getting really tired now that he’s on his own.

“Team” as in “one half of an internship”.

No wbuffs means more consumes. Happy farming casual!

4 Likes

btw no WB also means that non-optimal spec will really become garbage.

Retpal could feel like a chad in classic by putting more effort than other dps (full WB + full conso and you could beat lazy war/rogue on the dps meter).

Now retpal can do nothing, they will always be at the bottom of the dps meter. That’s a loss of gameplay diversity and depth.

3 Likes