Should the forums be deleted

The forums overall seems to be a waste of time and content, a breeding ground for tolls and moaning and attention seeking.

The class areas are useless and this has moved to discords. The other channels are graveyards apart from general.
The bugs and support add a little value.
The general area is just pages of disrespectful childish useless baiting posts sniping at eachother.
(Predicting great examples in the comments below)

So perhaps the forums should just be deleted. Everything would be fine, people would go on play the game or not nothing would happen, it might even improve the community

10 Likes

If you no longer like the forums, you can just stop using them.
There is no need to advocate for their deletion.

The forums do have lots of good and constructive conversations.
People come here for advice and most of the time i see them receive it.
I personally have learned a lot about the game from these forums.

Sure its not perfect here. But there is a lot to enjoy as well.

13 Likes

Can you link a positive and constructive conversation ?

3 Likes

Can’t talk for others, but my issue was resolved in the support section.

If you find the forums useless and full of trolls, just don’t use them? I think they are fine, granted a lot less lively than they used to be in for example MoP but still fine. The game is an MMO, the forums are one way of interacting with other players.

Right now im enjoying this thread.
Conversation is going well and all seem to be enjoying themselves.

In this thread someone asked a straightforward question about the game and got answers for it

Here is someone just having some fun

They actually need some forum moderators and it can be a good place.

2 Likes

This place is a mess no doubt, especially the weekends

and we get less attention than the US forums

but there are a few good threads here and there. I learned how to fix a few in-game issues from forums

My only complaint is when constructive threads are made, do blizzard reads them or not? we dont get any notification if they did.

I think the last active Blue we had was in late 2021, who chatted with the forumers and listened to their complaints. we dont see that much nowadays.

correct me if im wrong.

1 Like

They claim they do.
We will never know anything beyond that.

3 Likes

You are a little naive, aren’t you?

Rainbows and unicorns always have a counter.

1 Like

Considering how much stuff that has been changed over the years, many by forum request… they do read them.

Been on the forums since 2007, and seen many requests, including my own, inplemented. Sometimes with “players feel…” as a comment to the change.

We can rename the General Discussion into Brackenhide Hollow. It will be a perfect fit.

They are still better than twitter/reddit

1 Like

The same logic applies for class abilities, but people still whine about ability bloat, asking for further pruning.

its true this forum is full of ppl that think to be on facebook and enjoy to insult and troll others but you can find some ray of light here and there (for example the thread about motivation to play of yesterday for me is a gem)… so i would say this forum isnt needed to be purged (still)

1 Like

Delete yourself from the forums and your problem will be solved.:+1:

1 Like

I always like to come to the forums.
I don’t use discord.
There’s always something interesting to read about, even if it’s a rant.
Last week I had a question regarding iLV differences and good stats Vs bad stats for my BE Mage in the Mage forum, 2 players answered.
Had a question regarding my subtlety BE Rogue DMG Vs my outlaw Goblin Rogue DMG on the Rogue forum and 2 players answered.

There’s some negativity on some topics but usually I avoid them.

For me the forum is still a great place to interact with other players as I rarely do it in game chat, in our days.

Edit: typing.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Honestly? Forums to me feel like a gigantic chatroom. Blizzard devs/gms are lurking and reading through, angry people are being angry, there’s a fun bunch that is always awesome to hang out with, there are people asking questions that me and others are happy to help with/answer to. Only downsides are the trolls and sub requirement to post. (I swear that i don’t plan to scam anyone on my 11 year old battle.net account, blizzard :grin:)

2 Likes

If you live in an appartment block and want to move out do you suggest the demolition of the entire appartment block?

That was some beautiful art.
People who perpetuate the Thalassian elf gatekeeping need to touch grass

Yes if it’s infested with cockroaches and mould.

1 Like