SIGNUPS CLOSED [Rp-PvP Campaign] War on All Fronts: Howling Fjord - Jan 6 - Jan 13

If nothing else Cheaoka, that trust level 3 is going to be peanuts with all these hearts you’re getting.

5 Likes

Unrelated to this whole ‘debacle’ being discussed, we, as in Of Hammers and Hollows, would like to firstly thank Cheaoka for this absolutely fantastic campaign. Everything from the choice of Howling Fjord, to the coordination and storyline, were simply grand, and on the behalf of my dour-handed cousins, we LOVED it.

Also, a massive thanks to all the Horde we had the pleasure of hammering into, to forge rivalries with and exchange colourful curses along with all the marauding Horde. A quick apology, if we happened to fat-finger any stuns amidst the kerfuffle, we know it may ruin the flow at times, so sorry for that.

We look forward to the next campaign with great gusto and stern steel in hand. Forge ahead!

20 Likes

I think the only people who can policy conduct violations are Blizzard themselves unfortunately. Fair enough when its clearly in violation of the ToS but anything other than passive shunning could be construed as harassment towards the actual villain at work.

Which isn’t ideal.

So they shouldn’t be removed from their guilds and told not to continue attending the campaign? I’m confused about the point you’re trying to make.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/mB1X154.png

It’s also hillarious that the people in question that are judging really hard are preventing people from now proving them to be hypocrites by what they’ve said in the past!

The High Command notion is something I actually merrily discard.
Sorry but such a large scale operation has to be backed up by someone high enough, for military forces to gather, get supplied, -get hosted- in official Alliance strongholds.

And it was quite evident to me, by how you opened the campaign threat, that was such kind of business / affair. - That for the Campaign Organizer.

About any discord affairs - I do not even know of what people are talking on and about simply because the general chats of the discords of campaigns are full of fluff, memes, and useless crap. To run a campaign one just need a discord for Guild leaders and officers involved, and to keep the channels strictly for informative / campaign related talk.

But otherwise I’ve not really perceived ill behaviour on Alliance end, for what at least I witnessed in the locations I’ve been around / the talks I had. In general there is the vibe that the Horde instead ‘departs’ when losing (not the first campaign that such happens) for one or another reason.
These are the ‘IC times’ where it seems the red side has their internal struggle and strife, while the Alliance has managed to keep clean of that.

16 Likes

All things aside, and I say this next part with great sincerity, many thanks to Cheaoka for the campaign. I had a lot of fun even with initial concerns about Horde bias, so it’s really exceeded expectations. The resource system etc. was really well thought-out and quite a fun addition to think about, although there were things I would’ve changed to mitigate faction imbalance.

A big thanks to Hangart for being a swell guy + great enemy, as well as Morsteth and the Grim Gang for being good sports as well (when I saw them anyway).

Also a massive thanks to the 10th Brigade for getting behind me despite initial skepticism on having me as a Commander so that I could run the Prelude events. I hope you guys enjoyed the Prelude + the camp RP. After this, I think the 10th will be around to stay :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well it was posted that it WAS an order from high command. So if it became an order from High Command from the start then it should have stayed that. No point retconing it at the very last minuet because you had other ideas before hand. You chose an option so you have to stick with it. Don’t become fickle because your faction isn’t winning.

Shonn here… for some reason I posted on my death knight Mantiss.

4 Likes

As far as everyone knew. Presumably Chook wanted to avoid the inevitable massive metagaming if he said it was a ruse from the start.

2 Likes

Show me where in those letters it says it’s from High Command.

3 Likes

Oh no bros, I’m transphobic. I guess I’m a n@zi as well…

if anyone even denies that this would definitely happen without a doubt if chook had made it OOC public knowledge, they have very big dumb.

1 Like

Maybe make the letters before deciding High Command sent us to Northrend?
o the recipients of this letter,
The Horde plans to make a move that will put our new allies and the security of our own continent in great peril. They spy opportunity in the Howling Fjord. We believe it is to fortify their existing port to remain primed for an invasion on Kul Tiras. Command fears they also plan to salvage more of the plague from their accursed footholds in the region, with most of their reserves lost at Lordaeron.
Do not allow these monsters to succeed, whatever they intend.
Claim the Howling Fjord for the Alliance, and for High King Anduin Wrynn!

Oh wait, you did!

That is entirely the purview of the guild leaders in question. Other guild leaders cannot force other guild leaders into things they don’t want to do. That could be classed as harassment in extreme cases.

Now compromise and cooperation with one another? Yes that is ideally what should be sought after - although evidently this isn’t likely at this stage sadly.

Well, from me, looking aside from the drama and happenings among both the Alliance, I’d also like to say at least thank you for making an event, as well as the preperation. Sorry that you’d have to be handling a lot on your own but still, a good hand in it. I did like that we actually got around the zone instead of just being within the same small circles.

I’d rather not comment on the ending as I am not in agreement on how the conclusion was made upon this event. Sorry that you have to believe that somehow all ill came from the Alliance. Could’ve been handled better.

1 Like

Oh wait, he didn’t. The IC letter saying it says nothing about the actual truth of the matter. Should the deceiver have included a “P.S: this is a false flag” note at the bottom, in character?

1 Like

Letter without any formal footnoting saying that I’m Terry Crews? Can’t believe I’m Terry Crews sending you this forum reply

3 Likes

Show me where in those letters it says it’s from High Command.

Are you serious? You’re trying to make up an excuse to say “Gotcha”. It’s something a six year old kid who’s losing in a game does. You understood the implications of making this event, as did the Alliance. Are you then going to say that the activity in Howling Fjord was also not sanctioned by Sylvanas? If not, then where was this suggested and laid out?

You failed to set the terms appropriately, if you didn’t bring this detail up when organising. Alternatively, you’re making it up right now because you’re a salty wench.

6 Likes

Also Cheaoka, you knew for a fact that my prelude RP /the 10th Brigade premise was that High Command had sent us here and you didn’t say anything back then - not even a “uhm you might not want to say High Command sent you”. You witnessed the whole commander-electing process on Alliance side.

3 Likes