SL PvP vendors are not good enough

I think what you are trying to do is nothing but again shrink difference between hardcore player and casual player. Nobady forces you to do pve to be optimal. Yes players what will commit to do pve and pvp will have advantage over you which is totaly fine. Have advantage over players becouse you enaged in far more variety of high end content is totaly fine. You deserver to have this advantage over someone who just spents his time doing only pvp.

No you do not.

6 Likes

I am aware but Ion stated in some interview he did like 2 months ago that there is no plan on bringing back a PvP only stat for Shadowlands when he was asked about the datamined item that had PvP Power on it.

so unless they re-consider their decision on that or they plan on doing a WoD like scaling system we can take a good guess on how PvP gearing progression will look like once the game is live.

Yes you do. You play more and engage in more content = you deserve more rewards.

Not if that content has no logical baring or relevance in the other content. Even as someone sitting here with 480 ilvl, I hate battlegrounds right now, because the delta between ilvl and player power is so ridiculous that actual good games happen so little that it’s not even worth my time to try and find one.

2 Likes

You’re mixing apples and oranges. It’s like saying people deserve an A in physics because they had an A in geography.

3 Likes

I’ve beaten this point to death on the Arena forums.
The tireless, incessant demands for a PvP vendor were never-ending thoughout all of BfA.

But when you asked anyone how they specifically imagined a PvP vendor should work out, you got nothing. Zero answer. Zero attempt at trying to visualize the ideal design.

Just the constant droning of “Giev PvP vendor Nauw or we quitz!!!”

So then Blizzard presents a PvP vendor for Shadowlands and the players go:
“That’s not how I wanted it!”

/epic facepalm :weary:

1 Like

No i dont. This is RPG game and gear should be relevant in all types of content. Its just people like you trying tirn wow into this fair esport garbage of game where everyone regardless of time/skill is on even playing field. Thats not how mmorpgs work.

Nobady forces you to do PvE.

Yeah but you can’t go and play basketball in your ski suit and expect to preform the same.

5 Likes

Another stupid analogy? Ofc it wont work if skiing suit have pve stats and swiming suits will have pvp stats. Bujt if both have same stats so it can totaly work.

The problem with bliz being reluctant to add a pvp stat / scaling factor to pvp gear means it can never be comparable because of its relevance in PvE, unless you make the ilvl of the gear correlate with rating, something we’ve already discussed doesn’t make sense because PvP difficulty doesn’t scale in any way shape or form with ilvl. You aren’t fighting a tuned boss mob, you’re fighting another person with their own gear, skill level etc etc etc.

This frustrates me to no end, because ideally you would be able to reach optimal pvp gear through a function of time, not rating. The most fun I’ve ever had in PvP was when the power delta between the average player and a BiS player was at its smallest. We had far less polarising situations, far less none games, and I could legit sit and queue BGs all day.

2 Likes

The point is I want to play basketball in my basketball suit and not be forced to ski 24/7 for 6 weeks so that I could play basketball.

4 Likes

Nobady forces you. Thats all on you. You literaly complain about being in disadvantage over someone who spents far more time and engages in all type of content. Entilted much?

Can’t wait to get my bis weapon from pet battles…

5 Likes

Pet battles difficutly cant justifi this reward.

I can’t wait to get my bis pvp trinket from fishing!

1 Like

Fisnhing is too easy of content so it really cant drop you this reward.

Pve bosses always act the same in the exact same way whilst players in PvP never act the same. You never have an exact match two times, yet in PvE you always grind the exact same content, maybe on higher difficulty, but even that has a cap. The only reason Blizzard forces players to play PvE instead of PvP is because in PvE you have no losers, while in PvP there is always one winner and one loser. It’s funny but the reason we are here is because of people that throw manbaby tantrums after losing in a video game.

Yep thats why 100% of community have mythic´+15 finshed together with mythic raiding. Oh wait they dont. And your complain is you being forced into pve which is truth for BFA becouse rewards are much better. This wont be truth for SL you will get max out itemlvl rewards for completing pvp content.

re pe ti ti ve

I could go and grind highscore on tetris all day it would be similar tbh