So a new AV complain

No, SP is still a choke, even if it’s not as good as some other chokes. Try capping SPGY from a team of alliance PvPers who really want to defend it. There’s a reason the backdoor was used.

Sp is not a choke. you can attack from the hill under the bridge. you can attack from the normal path and you can attack from above on both of the mountains a choke is somewhere where you are forced to be funneled through as there is no other routes.

the only thing that resembles a choke in spgy is where the allience are spawning from at graveyard as there is only one route and horde only need to cap the flag
which is completely outside that choke

The whole point that you struggle to get sp is because sp is a long journey from your spawn point it’s same reason Allience cannot get back shgy which actually has a proper choke unlike sp.if Allience want to defend sp they will until you summon Lok it’s the only reason horde can break it if only allience could summon ivus from this side of the map

Funny how u say Allience is full of afkers and bots yet I’m seeing lots of bans for players who afk in bgs and I do not see ppl afk in my bgs

2 Likes

Ok, move on to the bridge then. It’s a choke for sure.

You keep bringing up the summons as if horde can summon when they are defending. If you win the fights you can control mid and summon. Just because the horde gets there a bit earlier doesn’t mean you can’t kill them if your team is stronger, plus you can have some support from archers and elites. The thing is, why do you lose SHGY? Sure, it’s harder to defend than IBGY, but that’s no excuse for not defending it. Mid is basically an open field so you have no excuse for losing the fights there.

Yeah, they are sneaky, the AFKers, they hide and use tricks to not get reported. I can’t really say that there are more bots on alliance, that’s just what others have told me.

So in order for the map to be fair the Alliance should be able to spawn their boss from their base or what?

The bridge is the only choke horde face on the entire map that they need to push through and this is not spgy

Allience have to fight through 3 choke points one at shgy one at ibgy and one at fwgy

The whole point I’m talking about summons is how impossible shgy is for us to take and how impossible sp is for horde to take the only thing that actually breaks spgy is if horde summon Lok or if Allience want to give up since they cannot get shgy back and cannot summon ivus.

If we are talking about how Allience can summon ivus we would need to hold ibgy and we do not have the luxury of horde respawning far away infact they Rez 20 a time very close huge advantage any horde who can’t see this are stupid mid fights are always 50/50 I see horde winning and Allience winning the same amount in field of strife.

Sure we can 40 man hold shgy but we do not progress and horde summon is alot easier to pull off as it’s out the way hidden from the battle between ibgy and shgy unlike allience. Plus we have the neutral Gy which benefits horde alot more than Allience as it brings respawns close to our Gy and not close to horde Gy when we cap it.

You play horde if you played Allience people get reported the instant they afk because someone always calls it out on chat and players do get banned eventually. you get horde afker and bots as well I’ve seen horde rogues run into the entire Allience at shgy and do it repeatedly and horde afk next to Gy flags but they all get banned so majority play.

Proof they do ban https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ixb7mk/banned_for_being_afk_in_av_alliance_2530times_in/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

1 Like

I didn’t say that will make it balanced what I’m saying is that summons are the main way to break turtles and the fact the only turtle point because of the huge distance is between spgy and shgy horde can break the turtle while Allience cannot and the main reason why Allience cannot win soon as they spawn north of a soft capped shgy

1 Like

Well, the point is that you can hold the horde off at SPGY. What do you mean FWGY? The path into the base?

Horde summon is not easy if u take SFGY and that gives you a better chance to def SHGY as well as summon Ivus. Like I said, if u win the fights you can control mid and summon.

I get that if the teams are closely matched the horde will still normally win. I’m saying that if the alliance team is a bit stronger they have no problem winning. Currently that only happens in 1% of games, and that is the big reason why you lose, not the map.

AFKers get reported on horde side as well. Not so they get kicked out every time tho because they make sure to get into combat. I’ve seen alliance bots too. Yes, I know they get banned.

Yeah I’m talking about the gate with the two towers shooting down that is the last choke is it good as the bridge nope but the summons at that point will break any turtle.

The mid fight can go either way but ur saying Allience need to hold on to two Gy to summon their boss and defend its harder to keep two Gy fully capped soon as ShGy is soft capped some are already spawning at sp so some of the dead are almost out the game they don’t always respawn at sfgy.

We still have the problem of the push without a summon as the cave respawning makes this extremely difficult to hold ibgy and push.

This is not a 1% advantage it’s much larger. the only way I see Allience winning if horde make the mistake to push if we have ibgy which doesn’t happen often or Allience vastly outgear the horde or the final one there is some Allience premade Gy camping ibgy until we have everything then cap ibgy and push them to the cave with all 40.

premading is still possible for Russians with small pool of players and dedicated guilds who want to farm horde as this is possible when they lead the team to defend while their Guild figures out what specific bg number they are on then mass queue that number and defend until all guild has zoned in these games are unfair to the horde

1 Like

Ok. I didn’t say its a 1% advantage you need, but that it currently only happens in 1% of the games, where alliance wins. Probably its a 5-10% advantage, but nowhere near what the win rate is atm.

I don’t think you need to vastly outgear the horde, but it is mostly the horde who vastly outgear the alliance atm so ofc everything is really difficult for you since there’s generally a stronger horde player at every turn, so to speak.

Do you agree that WSG map should be fixed as well? Currently favours alliance flag runners

I personally surely would, so the match would be less about running/abusing terrain and more about pvp. After all, we don’t roll alliance to have an advantage in pvp (unlike hordies).

But what does it matter with AV?

1 Like

Wait… I thought WSG has a “50% win rate”? Isn’t that one of the common talking points? Has that changed now, or…?

And what about the stables roof in AB? Does AB still have a “50% win rate” as well? Hmm?

Oh right, and those other maps are supposed to be “unbiased”, isn’t that also one of the common talking points?

It’s… It’s almost like the map doesn’t decide who wins. Who woulda thunk?

How does WSG favour alliance flag runners? The jumps people can do in WSG are dumb as hell and probably should be fixed but you can get up the cliff on both sides and also both teams can use them.

1 Like

Female models can just walk through the fence and into the alliance base near the alliance GY. Horde base has spots as well tho is not as clear cut as the orc wants to paint it.

Anyway, regardless I am in favor of having an even playing field w/e the case

2 Likes

Yea the fence on Alliance side has many dumb holes in it that allow you to go through it while the Horde one you have to actually get on top of to get across. But the point is the other team can also use these spots while chasing the FC. It’s just that people that aren’t FCs usually don’t know how to do the jumps quite as well so it’s difficult to do that.

I do agree that these type of terrain “exploits” should probably be removed. Mostly because it’s pretty dumb to lose not because the opponents outplay you or use better tactics but because they know how to get up a vertical wall better than you do.

You can see most of the jumps in this vid:

Some jumps can’t be done as a tauren/troll, but most are possible for both factions.

If you think the Alliance aren’t favored in the jumps, then you’re bonkers.

Yes I am aware of these lists. I however fail to see how one side would have an advantage because of them. Just saying “Alliance are favoured and if you don’t think so you’re bonkers” as your whole argument is extremely rich coming from someone who claims the AV map is balanced. And regardless if they do or don’t I have already said they should probably be fixed and not even because they would be unbalanced but because they encourage a dumb playstyle that relies on how good one is at exploiting the terain instead of how good one is at outsmarting or outskilling the opponent.

1 Like

Some jumps can’t be done with gnome and dwarfs too I have said in previous posts that they should sort the terrain in wsg from Gy jumps to fences to the out of bounds ontop of exit portal both sides suffer from this and fact that druids can get places where most classes cannot follow like jumping across mountains which can only be done with druid form or mounted which if your attacking an efc you most likely be in combat off a mount

As for ab I have never seen anyone standing on roof of stables I would assume the jump is extremely difficult or it has already been patched if not they should indeed fix it and ab is slightly favoured to horde as bs is closer to horde side making a strong triangle to defend from lumber, farm and blacksmith but the distance isn’t great so won’t have a massive impact compared to maps like AV

AV map favors Alliance if both team rush and favors horde if they turtle.
You cannot force horde to rush but you can force alliance to turtle.
That’s why horde always wins.

Alliance afk-ers and ‘let them win’ mentality is not the cause but the consequence: as soon as SH GY is capped there is literary nothing else to do, but passively wait until horde wins.
And SH GY is one of the easiest GY to cap: horde and alliance can reach it more or less the same time, flag can be attacked two directions and even if both team are equal in skill, gear, healers etc. it requires the full alliance team to defend it.

The 99% loss rate has nothing to do with the queue time.
Indeed before AB, queue time was a factor, because even premades gave up games if horde defense was too strong to get better honor / hour.
However since rankers left AV, honor / hour is not a motive anymore so alliance players simply have no reason to give up the game just because it lasts longer. They give up because after losing SH GY there’s nothing else to do.

So what the solution?

Nothing.
AV is beyond fixing and all that Alliance can do is to abandon AV completely.

1 Like

I will hit lvl 51 in a day or two so be ready for some improvements.

Is it against the rules to pickpocket and kill NPCs in AV? Asking for a friend.

6 Likes